LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project! A custom bezel for every ROM!

CoinJunkie

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, dcmguitar said:

Good morning everyone! Maybe I'm asking a silly thing but it's one thing that drives me crazy with the Bezels xD It's all downloaded, but the overlays that appear are generic to the platform and not those of the games themselves. What could I have done wrong?

If all you are seeing is the default overlay for the system, the most likely issue would be your game names. The No-Intro standard is used where possible.

• 3 months later...

Some bezels just won´t load with Turbografx / PC Engine games. What am I missing?

Example:

Romname: Bonk III - Bonk's Big Adventure (U)

cfg-File is in the right place (Beetle PCE Fast: Bonk III - Bonk's Big Adventure (U).cfg

input_overlay = ":\overlays/GameBezels/TG16/Bonk III - Bonk's Big Adventure (USA).cfg"
input_overlay_opacity = "1.000000"

This is my overlay config, also in the right place, in overlays, Gamebezels, TG16...

Bonk III - Bonk's Big Adventure (USA)

overlays = 1

overlay0_overlay = "Bonk III - Bonk's Big Adventure (USA).png"

overlay0_full_screen = true

overlay0_descs = 0

Please do NOT recommend me to change to the no intro naming convention. I also have tons of translations and I need to know which ones are translated by whom and which version. I don´t want to start taking notes.

I loaded up the rom in retroarch, brought up the right bezel config, saved, but it still won´t load it up.

Ok, I solved it. Now this is important, dear reader from the future:

If some bezels don´t seem to load and you named everything correctly, check out if there is a config file inside your core-folder which is named as the core. I must have accidently created a core override cfg which messed up some bezel configs. For example, for PC Engine / TG16 I used Beetle PCE Fast. Inside this core folder, there was a cfg-file called "Beetle PCE Fast". After deleting it, my bezels loaded up fine again with my translated roms (I created configs for the beforehand).

Delete the evil core config file and you will regain happiness again.

I’m having an issue going on two days with no solution. I’m using the retroarch Citra core and I like playing on Large screen, Small Window. The issue is, is that the bezels are all default. Are there any for large, small or do I have to disable overlays in retroarch. Is there something I’m missing?

15 hours ago, BDJosh said:

I’m having an issue going on two days with no solution. I’m using the retroarch Citra core and I like playing on Large screen, Small Window. The issue is, is that the bezels are all default. Are there any for large, small or do I have to disable overlays in retroarch. Is there something I’m missing?

If all you are seeing is the default bezel, the most likely cause for this is your rom names don't match the bezel names. Have you checked this? Look in the retroarch\config\Citra directory to see if the cfg names match your game names.

4 hours ago, dragon57 said:

If all you are seeing is the default bezel, the most likely cause for this is your rom names don't match the bezel names. Have you checked this? Look in the retroarch\config\Citra directory to see if the cfg names match your game names.

I see the default bezels. When I go to options, change from side by side to large screen, small screen, the bezel stays the same. I will check the files when I get home. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 10:53 PM, dragon57 said:

Look back on the previous page of this thread. I posted a solution for this:

It was successful to convert all bezels. For MAME arcade bezels, is there any simple way to separate vertical/horizontal bezels within XnViewMP?

I had to manually select over thousands of bezels..

Announcement

The 'Themed' bezel set for PC (MS-DOS) has been released for the Windows platform (7200 bezels). The naming standard is per the eXoDOS V5 listing. If you are using the Project's Windows app to install, make sure to refresh/update your system listing. An updated listing has been pushed to support LaunchBox as well.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/27/2022 at 10:02 PM, dragon57 said:

For a tutorial on removing the TV surround graphic from the bezel files, please download the archive
from the following link, extract the contents, then follow the steps in the PDF file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16OpfwC_4dEds0LhRYBmE5SeQ7xUQxITT/view?usp=sharing

I´ve reached NEC Supergrafx. The mask files won´t fit those, would you be so kind and add a third mask file for Supergrafx-bezels?

On 12/15/2022 at 7:02 AM, dragon57 said:

Announcement

The 'Themed' bezel set for PC (MS-DOS) has been released for the Windows platform (7200 bezels). The naming standard is per the eXoDOS V5 listing. If you are using the Project's Windows app to install, make sure to refresh/update your system listing. An updated listing has been pushed to support LaunchBox as well.

I use eXoDOS V5. How can I add those bezels? If I'm not mistaken, eXoDOS doesn't use Retroarch but standalone versions os Dosbox.