LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project! A custom bezel for every ROM!

CoinJunkie

Thanks, this worked. Yet I must say, Dosbox Pure is still flawed, lots of games still need manual setups and do not run as plug and play as with eXoDOS-installs.

Having bezels, shaders and some added controller support is nice, yet in this state it´s far from perfect and a lot of trial & error.

I would recommend to add a second MS-Dos platform called "MS-DOS DOSBox Pure" in Launchbox, add the zipped files and point the media to the default MS-DOS folders of the eXo-directories.

That way it´s still possible to use good old eXoDOS if DOSBox Pure is giving too much trouble.

Yes, the Pure core is a work in progress, but so far there hasn't been a DOS game I haven't been able to get running via the core options. I will say there is a script on Github which converts the exodos format files to a more normal format that works with the core. I don't have a link, but if you are interested in it, you should be able to find it if you search around. There may even be a post here on the forum about it. I'm not sure.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

is there a place where we can just download all the rom bezels on their own?

Don't forget the Github files are configured for use on Retropi/Linux, so the cfg files can't be used as is.

Edited by dragon57

2 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

found a few that way,...but not many game-specific ones.  Searched repositories.  It was kind of cumbersome.  Oh well.

The repositories on Github are not meant to be used in that way, although you are free to search all you want. The repositories that are there are meant to deliver a set of bezels for a platform that are a snapshot in time using the database files made available by no-intro and redump. None of the repos are what I would call complete because more and more titles are added/renamed all the time, but the repos are a good starting place. You may also have to rename the ...\config\<core name>\*.cfg files to match your roms, or vise-versa. In summary, there are 50,377 bezels of the themed type and 85,542 of the system art type currently on Github created by the Project.

Edited by dragon57

20 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

The repositories on Github are not meant to be used in that way, although you are free to search all you want. The repositories that are there are meant to deliver a set of bezels for a platform that are a snapshot in time using the database files made available by no-intro and redump. None of the repos are what I would call complete because more and more titles are added/renamed all the time, but the repos are a good starting place. You may also have to rename the ...\config\<core name>\*.cfg files to match your roms, or vise-versa. In summary, there are 50,377 bezels of the themed type and 85,542 of the system art type currently on Github created by the Project.

Yeah, that's fine.  I really couldn't find anything of use in there anyways.  I was hoping for a central location to just d/l an entire set of game-specific bezels all at once. 

3 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Yeah, that's fine.  I really couldn't find anything of use in there anyways.  I was hoping for a central location to just d/l an entire set of game-specific bezels all at once. 

Give me a specific example. We are always open to new ideas for the project.

20 hours ago, dragon57 said:

Give me a specific example. We are always open to new ideas for the project.

Sort of like how the emumovies ftp is set up.  Just download folders full of the images i suppose.  I was just curious to see what all the different game-specific bezels looked like real quick.  Like NES.  I use rocketlauncher, but nothing ever downloaded for me using the install.  So i figured there might just be folders somewhere to manually download.

2 hours ago, damageinc86 said:

Sort of like how the emumovies ftp is set up.  Just download folders full of the images i suppose.  I was just curious to see what all the different game-specific bezels looked like real quick.  Like NES.  I use rocketlauncher, but nothing ever downloaded for me using the install.  So i figured there might just be folders somewhere to manually download.

Like I said earlier, the Github repos are configured for Retropi/Linux, so if you want to install on Windows, you should use Launchbox or our Windows app. The Windows app supports Retroarch, native MAME, RocketLauncher, Android, etc.

Each repository should have a sample bezel showing what those for each platform looks like. Example: https://github.com/thebezelproject/bezelproject-NES

Edited by dragon57

2 hours ago, dragon57 said:

Like I said earlier, the Github repos are configured for Retropi/Linux, so if you want to install on Windows, you should use Launchbox or our Windows app. The Windows app supports Retroarch, native MAME, RocketLauncher, Android, etc.

Each repository should have a sample bezel showing what those for each platform looks like. Example: https://github.com/thebezelproject/bezelproject-NES

Yeah, I guess it's user error.  But nothing showed up for me to download when i selected rocketlauncher.  Even after pointing it to the program.  Oh well, it's not the end of the world.  But it would still be cool to just be able to have a secondary way to procure the images to be able to drop them in rocketlauncher bezel folders manually at least. 

9 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

Yeah, I guess it's user error.  But nothing showed up for me to download when i selected rocketlauncher.  Even after pointing it to the program.  Oh well, it's not the end of the world.  But it would still be cool to just be able to have a secondary way to procure the images to be able to drop them in rocketlauncher bezel folders manually at least. 

I would be glad to work with you to get the Windows app working with your RocketLauncher installation if you want to take this to private message.

On 8/27/2023 at 12:44 AM, damageinc86 said:

Go to the platforms GitHub and click the code drop down (in green my screenshot) and then press the "Download Zip" option and you will grab every image in that repo at once.
image.thumb.png.fae0e6462fc040f8b009157d52ab4578.png

• 4 months later...

It would be great to have a download link to the overlays, as I'm on MacOS, and just want to download them to use for already converted .cfg for Steam Deck. 

Any chance to have link?

BTW @C-Beats the zip download doesn't do the trick.

Edited by warior

15 hours ago, warior said:

It would be great to have a download link to the overlays, as I'm on MacOS, and just want to download them to use for already converted .cfg for Steam Deck. 

Any chance to have link?

BTW @C-Beats the zip download doesn't do the trick.

Not sure why the zip option isn't working for you. Works fine here. I just tested with random repositories.

• 4 weeks later...