LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project! A custom bezel for every ROM!

CoinJunkie

Hi all, hoping to get some help on getting bezels to work.  I have read thru as much as I could try to understand all of this and I think I do.  However, when i do a fresh install of Retroarch then run the BP to load up bezel for NES, SNES, Genesis, etc, they all seem to work fine for a little while, then usually less than 24hrs later they are all gone.  I can't get any to load at all.  The computer didn't restart, i didn't change anything (that i am aware of), nothing.  I looked at all the config files and the at least seem to be correct.  I have tried turning on and off save config on exit, removing and reinstalling a specific system from the BP setup GUI, and the only way i can temporarily get them back to to remove and reinstall retroarch.  I feel like i have to be missing some setting somewhere. When i load the game on BB/LP i get a message on screen that says "Override Configuration Loaded", but don't know what that does and Google isn't yielding much, but I feel like it might have something to do with my issue.  Any chance @CoinJunkie is still monitoring this thread?

Edited by jbrown705

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all! Im loving the Bezels so far.

Im having an issue with N64 though, it says on the bezel program that it supports Mupen64Plus. On retroarch i only get cores Mupen64Plus_GLES3 and Mupen64Plus_Next and it looks like the bezel project does Mupen64Plus GLES2?

Is there anyway to make the bezels appear because if i use core Mupen64Plus Next, the games run without bezels and if i use core Mupen64Plus GLES3 the games doesnt even start :(

3 hours ago, MuckaChu said:

Hello all! Im loving the Bezels so far.

Im having an issue with N64 though, it says on the bezel program that it supports Mupen64Plus. On retroarch i only get cores Mupen64Plus_GLES3 and Mupen64Plus_Next and it looks like the bezel project does Mupen64Plus GLES2?

Is there anyway to make the bezels appear because if i use core Mupen64Plus Next, the games run without bezels and if i use core Mupen64Plus GLES3 the games doesnt even start :(

Try renaming the existing Mupen64Plus config folder name to "Mupen64Plus-Next OpenGL", if you're using Mupen64Plus-Next

That would be in the "config" folder under your RetroArch installation.   Something Like this:  "C:\RetroArch\config\Mupen64Plus-Next OpenGL".

Edited by Ateb
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Ateb said:

Try renaming the existing Mupen64Plus config folder name to "Mupen64Plus-Next OpenGL", if you're using Mupen64Plus-Next

That would be in the "config" folder under your RetroArch installation.   Something Like this:  "C:\RetroArch\config\Mupen64Plus-Next OpenGL".

Oh thanks so much, that fixed the issue :)

12 hours ago, GaryPusey said:

I just tried installing and running the latest version of the Bezel Project for windows and I'm getting an error whenever I  try to launch the program. The error is "Script file not found: \\.\pipe\AHK80441953833986"

Does anyone know how to fix this?

That message means your anti-virus/anti-malware app has grabbed/quarantined one of the files the installer laid down. Create an exception for the installation directory, reinstall, then everything should work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Although I have a RP/ES setup for portability, I wanted to create something on one of my boxes for playing at home, so stumbled across this thread whilst looking for a way to incorporate bezels in to RetroArch, and firstly wanted to thank everyone that has put time and effort in to creating this windows port of the bezel project (and all of those who have beta tested/bugfixed/etc)

Whilst I realise that there is some fragility with the rom naming matching situation, I had a thought about the folder that is generated in config.

I tested this out with N64, and it generated the "Mupen64Plus GLES2" folder, but with the core I was using, I needed to rename it to "Mupen64Plus-Next OpenGL" (as has been discussed in the past on this thread).

How about, whilst installing a particular bezel set, the program scans the cores folder and using an in-built database (or even make it a config/xml file), it would see that I have "mupen64plus_next_libretro.dll" and know that it needs to copy the configs to "Mupen64Plus-Next OpenGL"

That way if someone has multiple cores for the same system, it would generate all the folders needed. Yes it is doubling/trebling up on files, but as they are only small, I can't see it being much of an issue...

How viable would this be @dragon57?

8 hours ago, Tunes said:

Hi all,

Although I have a RP/ES setup for portability, I wanted to create something on one of my boxes for playing at home, so stumbled across this thread whilst looking for a way to incorporate bezels in to RetroArch, and firstly wanted to thank everyone that has put time and effort in to creating this windows port of the bezel project (and all of those who have beta tested/bugfixed/etc)

Whilst I realise that there is some fragility with the rom naming matching situation, I had a thought about the folder that is generated in config.

I tested this out with N64, and it generated the "Mupen64Plus GLES2" folder, but with the core I was using, I needed to rename it to "Mupen64Plus-Next OpenGL" (as has been discussed in the past on this thread).

How about, whilst installing a particular bezel set, the program scans the cores folder and using an in-built database (or even make it a config/xml file), it would see that I have "mupen64plus_next_libretro.dll" and know that it needs to copy the configs to "Mupen64Plus-Next OpenGL"

That way if someone has multiple cores for the same system, it would generate all the folders needed. Yes it is doubling/trebling up on files, but as they are only small, I can't see it being much of an issue...

How viable would this be @dragon57?

I have looked in to this, actually. The problem I found was the directory names can change over time, and by different versions of Retroarch. Because of this, you would still require a manual renaming at different times.

• 3 weeks later...

I read through the posts in this thread and I understand that I need to rename config folders some times for various reasons for different cores. But I am trying to get the PSX in RetroArch to work with the Beetle PSX core (not HW). I tried renaming the PCXS-Rearmed folder to "Beetle PSX", but this just doesnt seem to be doing it for me. I know Im on the right track, just not using the right naming. Can anyone point me to the correct naming for the config folder for Play Station - Beetle PSX?

Nevermind. The change to the folder name did work... just some of the half dozen games I was testing with didn't have bezels for them. But others did work. So I have a different problem now that I have to figure out.

Edited by Foebik

Hey guys, seems I have an issue with my bezels displaying slightly off screen when using mame games in other wheels.

The bezels project work perfectly in mame the mame wheel, but in the mame 4 player wheel the bezels look off screen. This is for the same games that display correctly on the mame wheel.

Any settings that need to be applied to other wheels that would use mame games with these bezels? Been trying to fix this, but have been at a loss on what ini to change. 

Edited by t824601

18 hours ago, t824601 said:

Hey guys, seems I have an issue with my bezels displaying slightly off screen when using mame games in other wheels.

The bezels project work perfectly in mame the mame wheel, but in the mame 4 player wheel the bezels look off screen. This is for the same games that display correctly on the mame wheel.

Any settings that need to be applied to other wheels that would use mame games with these bezels? Been trying to fix this, but have been at a loss on what ini to change. 

Not sure what you're describing...

Using standalone official MAME, RetroArch MAME core, or some other variant?

Bezel is off-center, or the game itself does not align properly within the bezel?

Maybe you can share a few screen shots?

14 minutes ago, Ateb said:

Not sure what you're describing...

Using standalone official MAME, RetroArch MAME core, or some other variant?

Bezel is off-center, or the game itself does not align properly within the bezel?

Maybe you can share a few screen shots?

Hi, 

Thanks for replying. I resolved the issue. Ended up the bezel folder had a different rom name than the ones in the xml file. 

Renamed and all is working perfectly. 

Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded v1.1.11 off Github and was immediately alerted by Windows Defender. Something along the lines of Win32/Fuerboos.C!cl which is classified as a severe trojan virus. I can see above that others have had similar issues but the name of the virus is different.

Is this a false positive too? And what causes it?

Looks like only 3 engines classify it as malicious: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/f085ead4b4ba533a55ce805af52399000e3dd6cd7c300f55e5b111fccef2ff96/detection

Edited by Thornback

9 hours ago, Thornback said:

I downloaded v1.1.11 off Github and was immediately alerted by Windows Defender. Something along the lines of Win32/Fuerboos.C!cl which is classified as a severe trojan virus. I can see above that others have had similar issues but the name of the virus is different.

Is this a false positive too? And what causes it?

Looks like only 3 engines classify it as malicious: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/f085ead4b4ba533a55ce805af52399000e3dd6cd7c300f55e5b111fccef2ff96/detection

Yes, false positive. The cause is unknown, but often because the app is new, it hasn't been installed in great numbers, and therefore seen by the anti-virus engines very often, etc.

• Thanks 1

Hello, i want to use bezel project without ranaming my rom (because there are all scrapped and complete)
I tried to rename the cfg (and edit the cfg files) + png files but the bzel do not appear. Is there an other thing to edit to make the bezel work with an other name ?

Thanks in advance :)

10 hours ago, Zozio said:

Hello, i want to use bezel project without ranaming my rom (because there are all scrapped and complete)
I tried to rename the cfg (and edit the cfg files) + png files but the bzel do not appear. Is there an other thing to edit to make the bezel work with an other name ?

Thanks in advance :)

You only need to rename the cfg files found under ...\retroarch\config\<core name>. Do not edit the contents of the cfg files. As long as the name of the sub-directory matches the core name you are using, that should be it.

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2020 at 5:17 AM, dragon57 said:

You only need to rename the cfg files found under ...\retroarch\config\<core name>. Do not edit the contents of the cfg files. As long as the name of the sub-directory matches the core name you are using, that should be it.

Thanks for your answer. It don't work no bezel appear if i rename the file in retroarch\config :( No other files to change ?
Hum seems to work know after a reboot ! thks !

Edited by Zozio
  • Like 1