LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project! A custom bezel for every ROM!

CoinJunkie

12 hours ago, Beanie moo said:

Can anyone help I'm totally confused I have the bezels downloaded and set to my retroarch file system the sammy atomiswave naomi worked straight away with no issues changing for each game now the consoles won't update the bezels just black I can set them individually with retroarch override settings but that's gonna be a mammoth chore help please I'm at a loss 

The most common issue when the bezels don't show up after installation is the rom set names don't match the bezel names. The bezel sets use No-Intro naming, when available.

• 5 months later...

Which mass match naming software is recommended these days to rename Retroarch\config\NeoCD config files games names to the latest no intro Neo Geo CD roms names, or for any other RA core config files for that matter? I got the DAT file of the rom set. 

EDIT: There seem to be no software which can accurately match names. I tried FatMatch but its a real hassle so i use system bezel for all unsupported cores/emulators/unmatching sets which seem to be all except Standalone Mame (All my sets are the latest no intros and redumps). Btw, How to use each own system bezel for sms/md/mega cd in RA (they all use the same core - Genesis Plus GX)?

Edited by vgbox

• 3 months later...

I'm getting the following error when installing the Bezel project (it can't seem to complete. most particularly it seems to occur during the enabling process. I get the following error:

unknown.png

or some reason it's repeating the folder structure even though the install directory is set here

unknown.png

Anyone know what I can do?

Ive found the ini file and tried deleting the folder entry and re-entering but still is borked.

• 1 month later...

HI, I am trying to download the arcade Bezels in retroarch using the bezel project. All seems fine except the zip file it downloads says unexpected end of file and only has the png files up to the letter D. I tried the manual download and I get the message "file is missing from repository". |Any suggestions please

1 hour ago, Cyprus_Mark said:

HI, I am trying to download the arcade Bezels in retroarch using the bezel project. All seems fine except the zip file it downloads says unexpected end of file and only has the png files up to the letter D. I tried the manual download and I get the message "file is missing from repository". |Any suggestions please

I just downloaded the zip file directly from the repository with no problems.  Located here...

Fairly large file 670MB.   Maybe try again?!?

I haven't kept up with the bezel project in a while, I need to update mine and get back into it.

22 hours ago, Cyprus_Mark said:

Not sure what your issue may be. I get no errors when I access and/or download using the Windows app. Could possibly be a temporary issue on Github's end. I would wait a few hours, then retry.

I don´t want the edges of the gameplay area curved, but that seems to be the case in every screenshot or video I saw. Is there any option in MAME, to override this and put the gameplay area one layer "above" the artwork, so that only the "black bars"-area is filled with an artwork as background?

1 hour ago, totoro said:

I don´t want the edges of the gameplay area curved, but that seems to be the case in every screenshot or video I saw. Is there any option in MAME, to override this and put the gameplay area one layer "above" the artwork, so that only the "black bars"-area is filled with an artwork as background?

One option is to batch process the files to remove the TV surround.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, myric227 said:

How do you get the Darius/Darius 2 bezels to load in Mame?  I've tried searching a few forums and Google, but can't find an answer.  Other bezels work fine in Mame, but the triple monitor ones will not load.

They load fine here. Just like any other bezel file, naming is key. Have you used the Tab key in Mame when one of those games is running, then looked at the video options to see which file MAME is using? You can then go through all the options MAME allows for overlays/backdrops/etc. If you find one option that causes what you want to see, see if you can save a MAME over ride for that one game.

18 hours ago, dragon57 said:

They load fine here. Just like any other bezel file, naming is key. Have you used the Tab key in Mame when one of those games is running, then looked at the video options to see which file MAME is using? You can then go through all the options MAME allows for overlays/backdrops/etc. If you find one option that causes what you want to see, see if you can save a MAME over ride for that one game.

So I load Mame up, then load various versions of Darius, world, japan, etc.  None of them display the bezel.  The only way I found to get the bezel to display is by loading the game, hitting tab, load video options, select screen 0, and select bezel artwork instead of three by three.  This changes the game to only be one screen at 4:3 however, with the bezel covering the game.  This is a default install of the newest Mame.  Is there a setting I'm missing or is this only going to work in Retroarch Mame?

14 minutes ago, myric227 said:

So I load Mame up, then load various versions of Darius, world, japan, etc.  None of them display the bezel.  The only way I found to get the bezel to display is by loading the game, hitting tab, load video options, select screen 0, and select bezel artwork instead of three by three.  This changes the game to only be one screen at 4:3 however, with the bezel covering the game.  This is a default install of the newest Mame.  Is there a setting I'm missing or is this only going to work in Retroarch Mame?

Which Darius game names are you running? The only two multi-monitor bezels included in the MAME pack is darius and darius2. Do you see these in your artwork directory? (See below)

darius2.png

darius.png

20 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Which Darius game names are you running? The only two multi-monitor bezels included in the MAME pack is darius and darius2. Do you see these in your artwork directory? (See below)

darius2.png

darius.png

I have both of those files and both the rom name and bezel names match.  What rom set do you use?  I'm using Merged if that makes a difference.

I use non-merged myself, but that shouldn't matter. When in the MAME Tab/video options section, do you see either of those multi-monitor graphics? If not, look for any existing darius ini files and either delete them, or move them so MAME can't find them, then re-test MAME.

19 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

I use non-merged myself, but that shouldn't matter. When in the MAME Tab/video options section, do you see either of those multi-monitor graphics? If not, look for any existing darius ini files and either delete them, or move them so MAME can't find them, then re-test MAME.

I deleted all config files for Darius and I still have the issue.  Pic 1 is when the game loads, Pic 2 is the video options, 3 is when I select bezel.  It shows, but then the game is only a large single screen.

1388233047_Pic1.jpg

1419738357_Pic2.jpg

618233365_Pic3.jpg

Well, non merged didn't help.  I've tried mame, arcade64 and retroarch.  I've tried every video option I could find in these programs and I still can't get it to display correctly.  The only way for it to display is doing the method in Picture 3 of my previous post, but that's then only showing it as a single screen game, with the bezel obstructing the view.  If this is working correctly for anyone else, could you attach your config files for testing please?