LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project! A custom bezel for every ROM!

CoinJunkie

On 5/8/2019 at 7:38 PM, dov_EL said:

The Bezel Project is a magnificent software that allows us to add Bezels in Retroarch.
With Mame (Anrcade) there are no problems because the name of the game file is the same for everyone, so the bezels are perfectly recognized, whereas instead of the console side, the problem is that if the name of the game file is not identical to the one The Bezel project set in the "CONFIG" folder in retroarch, the bezel will not be recognized.
So, considering that with Launchbox many of us have already fixed the name of the game files with Launcbox metadata so as to obtain covers, mp3s etc. would it be possible to use this metadata in a universal way so as to also get the bezels?
Also because The Bezel Project can generate some limits in retroarch as I explained previously.
So in case of problems, a universal metadata could always help us to fix everything again without doing a long manual job to make the bezel coincide with the games.

It's the limit of the bezel project who not's scan our roms who doesn't have the same name. So now I have to rename and i'ts very very long just for one system like nes.

Example: double dragon (USA).zip and double dragon (Europe).zip

1 hour ago, salyangel said:

It's the limit of the bezel project who not's scan our roms who doesn't have the same name. So now I have to rename and i'ts very very long just for one system like nes.

Example: double dragon (USA).zip and double dragon (Europe).zip

the easiest wy for you I think would be to get the NES XML file from HyperList and Don's Renamer tool which will CRC match your roms to name them in the most common naming convention - the names have to be axact for the bezels to match up with our ROMs, and TBP have used and voted for the most common naming convention afaik

5 hours ago, Taneruit said:

@dragon57 Whenever I try to install to download the bezels 7zip gives me a message reading *Cannot find archive*. What am I doing wrong?

Go to Preferences and see if Manual install is set to Yes. Change it to No if it is and retry.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, cleverest said:

Link is down? I can't access Github...any other way to get this?

Will this prevent saving RetroArch configs after installing? I had this issue once with something like this before...it was a mess...

is this it? Is this the same? https://github.com/thebezelproject/BezelProject-Windows/releases

Which link isn't working for you? My link for the latest beta still works for me here. The Windows release you reference also should work. Mine is the latest, but the original Windows release from Github still works fine for most platforms.

6 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Which link isn't working for you? My link for the latest beta still works for me here. The Windows release you reference also should work. Mine is the latest, but the original Windows release from Github still works fine for most platforms.

This one: 

https://github.com/thebezelproject/BezelProject

Actually, it worked this time, but I see no RELEASE/zip/exe to download for this...sorry if this was covered already somewhere, but how do I get this? Thanks.

Just now, cleverest said:

This one: 

https://github.com/thebezelproject/BezelProject

Actually, it worked this time, but I see no RELEASE/zip/exe to download for this...sorry if this was covered already somewhere, but how do I get this? Thanks.

If you are looking for my beta, it is on page six of this thread. Make a copy of anything the app may modify. I've tried to error trap and do only what you request, but as with any app, the combinations of systems and configurations can't all be accounted for. My app supports native MAME, Retroarch and RocketLauncher. Bezel output for Android and PS Vita is coming soon.

Just now, dragon57 said:

If you are looking for my beta, it is on page six of this thread. Make a copy of anything the app may modify. I've tried to error trap and do only what you request, but as with any app, the combinations of systems and configurations can't all be accounted for. My app supports native MAME, Retroarch and RocketLauncher. Bezel output for Android and PS Vita is coming soon.

Thank you. I hate Rocketlauncher, I only use MAME and Retroarch, is that okay or will that cause an issue?

Thank you. I hate Rocketlauncher, I only use MAME and Retroarch, is that okay or will that cause an issue?

Shouldn't be a problem. My app does it operations per system selected by the user, not all at once, or all or nothing.

Just now, dragon57 said:

Shouldn't be a problem. My app does it operations per system selected by the user, not all at once, or all or nothing.

I appreciate your help and responses...any idea when the final version will be released on the GitHub?

I appreciate your help and responses...any idea when the final version will be released on the GitHub?

I don't have a date at the moment. I have active beta testers giving me feedback almost daily. You are welcome to do that as well if you use my release on page 6.

Just now, dragon57 said:

I don't have a date at the moment. I have active beta testers giving me feedback almost daily. You are welcome to do that as well if you use my release on page 6.

I will, going to try it now, but wary of it nuking my ability to save configs in retroarch, that happened with an earlier Windows version release I tried awhile back (from that other link...), I simply could not save any more manually...like after controller inputs or any other changes...it was frustrating, had to restore RetroArch and rebuild all my configs...gonna do one platform at first just to test it out...I'll let you know!

1 hour ago, dragon57 said:

Seemed to be working great so far...but can you tell me if I should toggle SAVE CONFIGURATION WHEN EXITING' turned ON, or should I toggle that off...there is a bug apparently for some, and it hit me last time that caused all config saves to fail...would you happen to know the best approach to this?

Seemed to be working great so far...but can you tell me if I should toggle SAVE CONFIGURATION WHEN EXITING' turned ON, or should I toggle that off...there is a bug apparently for some, and it hit me last time that caused all config saves to fail...would you happen to know the best approach to this?

Can you screen shot the option you are talking about? "Save configuration when exiting" doesn't ring a bell. I'm not at my dev machine at the moment.

9 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

Can you screen shot the option you are talking about? "Save configuration when exiting" doesn't ring a bell. I'm not at my dev machine at the moment.

Nes fails, even if I uninstall bezels for it, it saves configs then, I even tried shutting off save on exit (and it saved that setting fine), but the moment I install bezels I can't save anymore, I even tried to save a new config and it worked for that, but when I try to save over THAT one, it fails...forcing me to always save new configs...ugh.retroarch2.thumb.PNG.38287fd22c905fff46fee12d0c1edc48.PNG

I've attached what I mean....thank for the help!

retroarch1.PNG

Nes fails, even if I uninstall bezels for it, it saves configs then, I even tried shutting off save on exit (and it saved that setting fine), but the moment I install bezels I can't save anymore, I even tried to save a new config and it worked for that, but when I try to save over THAT one, it fails...forcing me to always save new configs...ugh.retroarch2.thumb.PNG.38287fd22c905fff46fee12d0c1edc48.PNG

I've attached what I mean....thank for the help!

retroarch1.PNG

Can you zip up your nestopia_libretro.cfg, retroarch.cfg and your original nestopia_libretro.cfg (you did backup like I said, right?) and attach it here so I can analyze things? I have never been able to replicate this problem here.