LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel Project! A custom bezel for every ROM!

CoinJunkie

5 hours ago, ericcannon said:

I downloaded your beta bezel project from page six but when I run it it says the beta expired please download new version. im trying to download bezels for rocket launcher.

Hold tight. I'm working on an official release. Should be ready in a few days.

• Thanks 1

All, my Windows port of the Bezel Project RetroPie script has finally made it to release status. It can be downloaded from the project's Windows repository release page: https://github.com/thebezelpr…/BezelProject-Windows/releases

It supports native MAME, Retroarch, RocketLauncher, and following external systems: Android, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii U, Playstation Vita.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • The Cake is a Lie 1

2 hours ago, dragon57 said:

All, my Windows port of the Bezel Project RetroPie script has finally made it to release status. It can be downloaded from the project's Windows repository release page: https://github.com/thebezelpr…/BezelProject-Windows/releases

It supports native MAME, Retroarch, RocketLauncher, and following external systems: Android, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Wii U, Playstation Vita.

Thank you for your dedication to this project, really helpful program :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, coolspot said:

Native MAME seems to work well with the official Bezel Project install application... but RetroArch only supports lr-mame2003 and lr-mame2010? Is there a way to manually make the bezels work with lr-mame (latest) instead?

If you just rename the directory in the Retroarch config directory to match the name the particular MAME core requires, everything should just work. If you want to keep the original folder, just copy one of those mentioned and give the copy the correct name.

5 hours ago, dragon57 said:

If you just rename the directory in the Retroarch config directory to match the name the particular MAME core requires, everything should just work. If you want to keep the original folder, just copy one of those mentioned and give the copy the correct name.

I gave that a try and the bezels don't load up consistently with lr-mame core. Perhaps something else has changed between the core versions too?

1 hour ago, coolspot said:

I gave that a try and the bezels don't load up consistently with lr-mame core. Perhaps something else has changed between the core versions too?

A later core may require a different rom set with different rom names, or your rom names may not match the bezel names. Check that out.

• 3 weeks later...

I use Launchbox to start Retroarch/ FB Alpha Core and Mame Games. I install the Bezel Project to the Retroarch, and now i can active one Besel in Retroarch. 

Is it possible to automatic start a game bezel with a the game? What i have to do? Or should this work automaticly? 

Edit: First i use Mame for my Mame Emulation. But the missing shaders in Mame xbrz4 us the reason why i want to swap to retroarch. In Mame i have Bezels from the project and after i installed retroarch, i start the project installer the second time and i found the bezels in retroarch folder. With a .cfg for each mame game.

Is the problem that i don't have the mame games in retroarch? The gamelist only exists in launchbox.

From my understandig: i start a mame game in launchbox the game start, but without bezels. 

Edited by SierraFOOL

2 hours ago, SierraFOOL said:

I use Launchbox to start Retroarch/ FB Alpha Core and Mame Games. I install the Bezel Project to the Retroarch, and now i can active one Besel in Retroarch. 

Is it possible to automatic start a game bezel with a the game? What i have to do? Or should this work automaticly? 

Edit: First i use Mame for my Mame Emulation. But the missing shaders in Mame xbrz4 us the reason why i want to swap to retroarch. In Mame i have Bezels from the project and after i installed retroarch, i start the project installer the second time and i found the bezels in retroarch folder. With a .cfg for each mame game.

Is the problem that i don't have the mame games in retroarch? The gamelist only exists in launchbox.

From my understandig: i start a mame game in launchbox the game start, but without bezels. 

As long as you have installed the bezels using the Windows based installer, everything should just be automatic if the MAME rom names match the cfg files in the Retroarch\config folder.

I think i have a problem with the understandig of the retroarch overides. now i have the problem that i choose one bezel to a fixed one (005.cfg/005.png) and after that, i have the bezel in all mame games.

EDIT: When i delete the fixed path in the main retroarch.cfg the bezel is away, but it don't see any bezel.

Edited by SierraFOOL

37 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

As long as you have installed the bezels using the Windows based installer, everything should just be automatic if the MAME rom names match the cfg files in the Retroarch\config folder.

I have checked this with the game sonicwi3.zip in my game folder. i have a sonicwi3.cfg and a sonicwi3.png in this folder X:\Emulators\Retroarch\overlays\ArcadeBezels, but it doesn't load the bezel. Is it possible, that my core override for my shader overwrite the bezel standard config

Edited by SierraFOOL

12 minutes ago, SierraFOOL said:

I have checked this with the game sonicwi3.zip in my game folder. i have a sonicwi3.cfg and a sonicwi3.png in this folder X:\Emulators\Retroarch\overlays\ArcadeBezels, but it doesn't load the bezel. Is it possible, that my core override for my shader overwrite the bezel standard config

It is possible. Honestly, the best way to debug an install is to create a fresh Retroarch installation with one core to start with, then install one matching bezel set, then run the new retroarch and do a basic run to see if the bezels show.

The only thing that can keep bezels showing up are the name of the roms must match the name of the cfg files, and the name of the directory created under Retroarch\config must match the name of the core.

29 minutes ago, dragon57 said:

It is possible. Honestly, the best way to debug an install is to create a fresh Retroarch installation with one core to start with, then install one matching bezel set, then run the new retroarch and do a basic run to see if the bezels show.

The only thing that can keep bezels showing up are the name of the roms must match the name of the cfg files, and the name of the directory created under Retroarch\config must match the name of the core.

I  have to check it. I start retroarch with cmd during my test. An interesting thing ist that when i start:

X:\Emulators\Retroarch>retroarch -L "X:\Emulators\Retroarch\cores\fbalpha_libretro.dll" -c "X:\Emulators\Retroarch\retroarch.cfg" "X:\Games\MAME\sonicwi3.zip"

It ignores the game cfg in X:\Emulators\Retroarch\config\FB Alpha and does not load the bezel.

When i put this in the cmd, it loads, but ignore my standard settings, like shader-settings and fullscreen settings.

X:\Emulators\Retroarch>retroarch -L "X:\Emulators\Retroarch\cores\fbalpha_libretro.dll" -c "X:\Emulators\Retroarch\config\FB Alpha\sonicwi3.cfg" "X:\Games\MAME\sonicwi3.zip"

Edited by SierraFOOL

You shouldn't be specifying the rom cfg, e.g. sonicwi3.cfg. You should point to the cfg the installer created for the core in the config directory.

If you have separate settings like shaders, etc., you should create a core override. If you don't want to use core overrides, but modify the cfg the installer created, Retroarch will not allow you to modify it. You must save out a new cfg for the core after first loading the cfg the installer created, exit Retroarch, then delete the original and rename the new cfg to the old name. It is a pain, but it is the Retroarch works if you have a game overrride, which is basically what all the rom cfg files are.

2 hours ago, dragon57 said:

You shouldn't be specifying the rom cfg, e.g. sonicwi3.cfg. You should point to the cfg the installer created for the core in the config directory.

If you have separate settings like shaders, etc., you should create a core override. If you don't want to use core overrides, but modify the cfg the installer created, Retroarch will not allow you to modify it. You must save out a new cfg for the core after first loading the cfg the installer created, exit Retroarch, then delete the original and rename the new cfg to the old name. It is a pain, but it is the Retroarch works if you have a game overrride, which is basically what all the rom cfg files are.

I have made a clean install, but i don't have a cfg for fbalpha_libretro.cfg, only for other mame. I have a FB Alpha folder, where the cfg files from the games are in

Unbenannt.PNG

I think i am too stupid! I hope somebody would make a step by step guide on youtube. than i can see, what to do.,

Edited by SierraFOOL

Sorry, thank you very much for your engagement to help me. I am frustated, because normally i understand how work such things. 

Here are my step (please say ke, when i make a stupid step) :

1. Clean install retroarch

2. Start Retroarch

3. Install FB Alpha Core 

4. BASIC settings, like fullscreen, retroarch menu-buttons and vulkan driver

5. Close Retroarch

5. Install bezel project in Retroarch (only mame bezels) 

6. Start Retroarch

7. Load Konfiguration frome config/mame_liebretro.cfg

8. Save it to the same name or folder (or not?)

Edited by SierraFOOL

I recommend you use the Final Burn Neo core versus the old FB Alpha core, however both should work.

You should be able to load a MAME game after your step 6 above. If everything installed correctly, no further  config is required.

You are using my most recent V1.0 of the Windows installer, right? The older web installer V1.4 and V1.5 is no longer used or supported.

Anyone figure out how to get around Retroarch's bug of not SAVING CONFIGS anymore when exiting or manually once GAME-SPECIFIC bezels are used on a game? I had to go to system specific bezels, not game ones because of this....

Only my arcade MAME collection has game specific ones for this reason.