LaunchBox Community Forums

What playlist have you guys setup?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i only use playlists for games that require different controllers then the standard currently...i have 3 currently set up. Guitar Hero, Rock band and taiko no tatsujin which all use some funky controller. i will add light-gun games aswell once and if the sinden light gun project ever gets made :(. If i didn't use Big box i would probably have more playlists to be honest, but to me its just another headache of creating/finding media if it doesn't already exist.

• Like 1

I use playlists as the 'series' and 'genres' function, as series isn't easy to move around menu's in bigbox.

Within the series, I generally link a big name series to related, smaller series/games from same company.

And just for fun, I put the games in (if available) a canon timeline order using the 'sort order' function.

For example, some playlists (series) I have:

Assassin's Creed and Ubisoft

Final Fantasy and Squaresoft

Tomb Raider and Eidos

etc...

Within the Genre playlists, I typically split up some genres to be more specific.

For example:

RPG split into RPG (General), RPG Tactics, and RPG Action

Racing split into Racing (general), Racing Kart, Racing FAST (f-zero types), and Racing Car Combat

etc

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/14/2019 at 1:39 PM, cleverest said:

This is how my much smaller, but highly curated collection is laid out so far, with one example of how I lay out playlists in each platform too.

Full_Platform_Category_List_View.JPG

Playlist_examples4.JPG

Playlist_examples3.JPG

Playlist_examples2.JPG

Playlist_examples.JPG

wow, you put in a lot of work, how is big box running for you having to load all the xml's?

• 6 months later...