Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Logo - Startup Theme


Suhrvivor
 Share

Recommended Posts

Big Logo - Startup Theme

View File

A simple startup and shutdown screen theme revolved around clear logos and fanart artwork, with a big progress bar on the bottom.

(You need LaunchBox version 9.2 beta or newer for this theme to work).


How to install and setup:

- Download the zip file of the theme and extract it to LaunchBox's root folder.

- Open LaunchBox, go to Tools -->  Options, Click on the Game Startup tab on the left, then change the Startup Theme to Big Logo.


Any feedback is much appreciated. Enjoy!


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, nice startup :)

That said, I have been trying to change the code to display “Box - Front” instead of the ClearLogo.

I’ve tried every possible permutation of BoxFront, Box-Front, Cover, etc. without success.

I’m pretty sure I’m editing the write place, but just not naming it properly to display the game box.

Could you please provide the line of code to display “Box - Front” instead of the ClearLogo?

Thanks a lot for your time :) 

 

Edited by Exequiel3k
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Exequiel3k said:

Hey, nice startup :)

That said, I have been trying to change the code to display “Box - Front” instead of the ClearLogo.

I’ve tried every possible permutation of BoxFront, Box-Front, Cover, etc. without success.

I’m pretty sure I’m editing the write place, but just not naming it properly to display the game box.

Could you please provide the line of code to display “Box - Front” instead of the ClearLogo?

Thanks a lot for your time :) 

 

Hmm, weirdly i cant get it to show either. Box3D and CartFront work just fine, but BoxFront and nothing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:42 AM, Exequiel3k said:

Hey, nice startup :)

That said, I have been trying to change the code to display “Box - Front” instead of the ClearLogo.

I’ve tried every possible permutation of BoxFront, Box-Front, Cover, etc. without success.

I’m pretty sure I’m editing the write place, but just not naming it properly to display the game box.

Could you please provide the line of code to display “Box - Front” instead of the ClearLogo?

Thanks a lot for your time :) 

 

Just change

{Binding SelectedGame.ClearLogoImagePath}

To:

{Binding SelectedGame.FrontImagePath}

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, hpwkhan said:

Dear LB Team,

i wanna know there is way to add feature startup and Shutdown screen in Launchbox version 7.15

Thanks 

 

8 minutes ago, RetroHumanoid said:

No there isn't....is there any particular reason you wouldn't upgrade your version for it?...7.15 is pretty old at this point

Yeah there is no chance there im afraid. Launchbox was completely rewritten since then and is now using a completely different framework than what you are on uses. The startup/shutdown screens are simply incompatible with your version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, neil9000 said:

 

Thank for reply. The reason that i can not upgrade version because i don't have enough money to buy license and i am very enthusiast about games so i built my own Bartop cabinet and setup BigBox 7.15 but it still miss some beautiful charms like startup and shutdown screen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

LOL, just found out about this separate thread for the theme I uploaded. 

On 2/4/2019 at 4:46 AM, Juzzotec said:

Is there anyway to have a general background per each platform?

Not really, but why would you want that?  That's super boring! It's much cooler to have a personalized background for each game! General backgrounds are shown only if the game doesn't have any background associated with it (and that platform has a background).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Suhrvivor said:

LOL, just found out about this separate thread for the theme I uploaded. 

Not really, but why would you want that?  That's super boring! It's much cooler to have a personalized background for each game! General backgrounds are shown only if the game doesn't have any background associated with it (and that platform has a background).

:) I guess it kind of is but not all games have fanart available and I am a bit OCD.

Is there anyway to make the clear logo smaller?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 years later...
On 12/20/2018 at 4:08 PM, Suhrvivor said:

Big Logo - Startup Theme

View File

A simple startup and shutdown screen theme revolved around clear logos and fanart artwork, with a big progress bar on the bottom.

(You need LaunchBox version 9.2 beta or newer for this theme to work).


How to install and setup:

- Download the zip file of the theme and extract it to LaunchBox's root folder.

- Open LaunchBox, go to Tools -->  Options, Click on the Game Startup tab on the left, then change the Startup Theme to Big Logo.


Any feedback is much appreciated. Enjoy!


 

Hi, I'm new here. The progress bar is not shown in the recent LaunchBox versions. Is this normal or I am missing something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Jav1 said:

Hi, I'm new here. The progress bar is not shown in the recent LaunchBox versions. Is this normal or I am missing something?

The progress bar is only shown if the game is compressed and you have LB setup to decompress it before sending it to the emulator.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...