LaunchBox Community Forums

Flash collection (Flashpoint) import guide

Retrofrogg

Just wanted to update this if anyone was looking:

The tool is in the final testing and UI polish phases. It's a little rough around the edges internally and I won't be able to make 100% sure that all games are playable so it will very much be a beta that will probably take some time working with to get compatibility to/close to 100%.

That being said I designed the process to be as hands off for the end-user as possible and so that the code base itself should be fairly easy to update and maintain going forward, which I very much plan on doing for as long as possible. It will most likely need to be modified every time a non-minor Flashpoint update is release, though most changes to LaunchBox shouldn't affect it. Hopefully overtime as the FP team figures out more optimal solutions to their software for running some of the more finicky games they'll need to make less and less changes to the apps core functionality when it comes to starting child processes, which would result in proportionally fewer changes required to keep this tool working. Ideally it would be nice if one version of this tool could work for several releases of Flashpoint.

Can't give an exact time, but hopefully it will be out soon.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Other than an annoyance in crazy timing in that Flashpoint updated to 8.2 literally 10 minutes ago, the tool has been released!

I will have to see what changes (if any) will need to be made to support the new version. I anticipate that changes will be required but that it will only be a few minor ones.

On 8/13/2020 at 7:38 AM, Mr.Laor said:

Sounds great.  Let me  know if you need a tester. 

You will all be testers ;) . But in all seriousness the tool seems consistent/reliable as far as I can tell.

Edited by oblivioncth
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2020 at 7:30 AM, bikeking8 said:

FYI Flashpoint 9.0 came out this week - link below. Seems like there's a big change - it "now has support for gamezips...As a result, the way Ultimate works has changed completely." Has anybody tried this yet?

https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/downloads/

I just finished downloading 9.0 (though not home at the moment) to see if functional changes need to be made, and then regardless am going to push an update for my importer so that the version check matches.

I'm in the Flashpoint dev chat and I believe most of the gamezip changes were implemented in a fashion in which the games are still called from the database the same way and helper applications take care of the zips, so I think it will still work as is.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2020 at 12:23 AM, DerSchlachter said:

Great, i alos updated from 8.2 to 9 (16 Hours) would be nice if i can use your importer again

On 11/18/2020 at 7:30 AM, bikeking8 said:

FYI Flashpoint 9.0 came out this week - link below. Seems like there's a big change - it "now has support for gamezips...As a result, the way Ultimate works has changed completely." Has anybody tried this yet?

https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/downloads/

0.1.3 of the importer which works with Infinity/Ultimate 9.0 is now up.

If you use it please let me know if you run into any issues so I can fix them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...

This is awesome stuff. Was so relieved to find this project after discovering my SMB Crossover swf was no longer working in Flash Player Projector.

How do I import just certain games or playlists into LB? I created my own playlist in Flashpoint and selected it in OFILb, but it seems to be trying to import EVERYTHING into LB.

• 4 months later...

great work. Easily got like 100,000 Games imported.  The only issue i have is the batch at the beggining of this thread gives me error messages when i run it prior to LB.... however so far the small handful of games ive tested have ran with no issue.  If anyone knows of the batch issue let me know. 

On 1/7/2022 at 12:40 PM, tribe fan said:

This is awesome stuff. Was so relieved to find this project after discovering my SMB Crossover swf was no longer working in Flash Player Projector.

How do I import just certain games or playlists into LB? I created my own playlist in Flashpoint and selected it in OFILb, but it seems to be trying to import EVERYTHING into LB.

Sorry I missed this.

Right now I'm in the middle of overhauling the tool internally, but for the time being it should work fine with the latest Flashpoint.

What you want to do is add all of the games you want to a playlist like you said, then in the tool make sure no Platforms are selected, select the Playlist you made, and then set the Playlist Game mode to Force All.

This will cause the tool to only import portions of each playlist as required so that the game's in the playlist are available without anything else being grabbed.

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, The Papaw said:

I was able to get it going, is there a way to add a switch or anything to make it go full screen when launching from LB?

To clarify, is this something extra you're asking for? Or is the game full screen when started from the FL launcher?

Also try hitting Alt+Enter while the window is active.

Games do not launch full screen from BB, that is what I am trying to accomplish, weather by a switch, such as -f or -fullscreen (which I have tried both and neither work).

I want to do this automatically when a game launches, not using the keyboard, maybe with an AHK script or something if there are no switches

Thanks for replying :)

20 minutes ago, The Papaw said:

Games do not launch full screen from BB, that is what I am trying to accomplish, weather by a switch, such as -f or -fullscreen (which I have tried both and neither work).

I want to do this automatically when a game launches, not using the keyboard, maybe with an AHK script or something if there are no switches

Thanks for replying :)

Sure.

Right now the only intentional handling is to do things the way Flashpoint does natively, so there is no force full screen switch or anything like that. I didn't consider it much given the games in FP tend to me more desktop oriented, and less "couch gaming" (not to say you can't do it anyway).

I'll keep in mind trying to implement such a thing, but it would likely be challenging given how there are numerous different sub-programs that Flashpoint uses behind the scenes, some of which keep getting changed, that all may or may not support fullscreen or at the very least require different methods to make them go fullscreen.

There is a more universal approach I can attempt, but that comes with its own challenges.

For now at least, your best bet would be to try to use an AHK script or the like, as you mentioned.

8 minutes ago, oblivioncth said:

Sure.

Right now the only intentional handling is to do things the way Flashpoint does natively, so there is no force full screen switch or anything like that. I didn't consider it much given the games in FP tend to me more desktop oriented, and less "couch gaming" (not to say you can't do it anyway).

I'll keep in mind trying to implement such a thing, but it would likely be challenging given how there are numerous different sub-programs that Flashpoint uses behind the scenes, some of which keep getting changed, that all may or may not support fullscreen or at the very least require different methods to make them go fullscreen.

There is a more universal approach I can attempt, but that comes with its own challenges.

For now at least, your best bet would be to try to use an AHK script or the like, as you mentioned.

NP, great app BTW, thank you for sharing it.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...