LaunchBox Community Forums

PASC CE (wip) Theme Editor - Getting close! and 1 more thing

y2guru

Sharing the latest update, my to-do list is getting shorter ?

This was my 2nd video attempt this evening/tonight as the 1st attempt resulted in the YouTube video having no audio!  so please forgive me if I appear tired.

Added the ability to embed your own XAML code ?

Edited by y2guru
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Wow @y2guru! This keeps looking better and better.

Question (and I am sorry if you stated it already in the video); will it be possible to open any theme with PASC and modify it? Or only PASC created themes are compatible? 

I am loving it! 

You will not be able to open/import any Theme with this editor, but yes... if a Theme was created using this editor then you can import, manipulate it and re-publish it.

7 hours ago, y2guru said:

You will not be able to open/import any Theme with this editor, but yes... if a Theme was created using this editor then you can import, manipulate it and re-publish it.

I think there should an option in the editor to disable or not allow editing of a theme after its published but the theme creator can still edit it obviously, so people cannot edit a theme without the theme creators permission. This way it minimizes so many variations of the same theme.

Edited by ea4492

25 minutes ago, ea4492 said:

I think there should an option in the editor to disable or not allow editing of a theme after its published but the theme creator can still edit it obviously, so people cannot edit a theme without the theme creators permission. This way it minimizes so many variations of the same theme.

If I understand correctly ... you are more concerned about the edited, re-published theme finding its way back on the downloads section, right ?   from the looks of things with the latest bigbox beta and the new Theme Manager it looks like there's going to be a review process in place before a theme is deemed allowed for download.

I'm all about fairplay, if I see a theme I like but I want to change it slightly for my own personal use then I should be able to do so, wouldn't you agree ?

3 minutes ago, y2guru said:

If I understand correctly ... you are more concerned about the edited, re-published theme finding its way back on the downloads section, right ?   from the looks of things with the latest bigbox beta and the new Theme Manager it looks like there's going to be a review process in place before a theme is deemed allowed for download.

I'm all about fairplay, if I see a theme I like but I want to change it slightly for my own personal use then I should be able to do so, wouldn't you agree ?

i see what you mean, but i was thinking about when you upload your theme in the forums. So i guess its not a big deal. Cant wait to use the Editor.

Edited by ea4492

20 minutes ago, ea4492 said:

i see what you mean, but i was thinking about when you upload your theme in the forums. So i guess its not a big deal. Cant wait to use the Editor.

its a valid concern and you are not alone in that regard ?

45 minutes ago, y2guru said:

its a valid concern and you are not alone in that regard ?

I agree here..Just look at the  Launchbox startup category...It's filled with tons of videos with Green screen effects that are poorly done...I could only imagine what would happen when every one can do and edit...

1 hour ago, rexryan said:

I agree here..Just look at the  Launchbox startup category...It's filled with tons of videos with Green screen effects that are poorly done...I could only imagine what would happen when every one can do and edit...

Are you talking about Bigbox Startup videos?

i happen to think the bigbox startup video's are cool , especially the ones made by that handsome chap called Harryoke.

He may have flooded the forums with them but hey they are free and he isnt bothered about the download count he has (so i have been told)

he enjoys making them and isnt hurting anyone.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, harryoke said:

i happen to think the bigbox startup video's are cool , especially the ones made by that handsome chap called Harryoke.

He may have flooded the forums with them but hey they are free and he isnt bothered about the download count he has (so i have been told)

he enjoys making them and isnt hurting anyone.

I agree whole heartedly, I love the harryoke startup videos, plus.... they are optional downloads after all 

Just now, Rincewind said:

Just watched the second video, not only have you given us a way to add custom XAML but a analog clock too ?. Great to see these update videos so we can see how far you've got and see the new elements you add. 

Thanks a lot Rince!  embedding your own XAML code was a much needed addition as I cannot possibly code for every possible UI combination ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...