LaunchBox Community Forums

Problem with pause screen =(

Alulabxxx

Hi all, 2 problems with pause screen =(
I try it with retroarch. In launchbox it appear bue i can't move or select with my arcade stick =(

in big box when i press the key nothing happen =(

I try to change the button mappen in big box but i have the same issue =(

In big box pause menu option there is not to set the keyboard. I set it from joystick automation but don't work =( =( =( Work in launchbox but here in pause menu option there is to set a key =( but i can't move with joystick =( i cry 

image.png

Edited by Alulabxxx

It's unfortunately hard to determine what's causing your issues, because there's not a lot of details here and it's not very easy to understand. Keep in mind that both Big Box and LaunchBox have separate configuration options for key or controller bindings to show the pause screens. I'm guessing that's the main issue you're running into. You'll need to configure Big Box separately.

Also, it would help going forward if you didn't end every sentence with a frown, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Fredonneur said:

Hello there , i am having this issue with Pause Screen ; The "reset Game" option is not working it just resume game  when i confirm it , working on your side ? ( Using CritZone V2)

We will need more details than that, like which emulator for a start. Also what are you using a keyboard or a controller, and have you changed any key bindings in the emulator.

• Like 1

Ok , i figured it out , im using Retroarch and found that i had a "hotkey binding" enabled wich broke only the reset , save , load state options in the pause screen.  Even if the key is not the same just having one enabled breack it.  Which bring me another question.... Using the Retro arch hotkey was practical to change save/load state # without having to take an active key on game pads. Is there anyway to activate  change save/load slot within the pause screen  ? 

Edited by Fredonneur

19 hours ago, Fredonneur said:

Ok , i figured it out , im using Retroarch and found that i had a "hotkey binding" enabled wich broke only the reset , save , load state options in the pause screen.  Even if the key is not the same just having one enabled breack it.  Which bring me another question.... Using the Retro arch hotkey was practical to change save/load state # without having to take an active key on game pads. Is there anyway to activate  change save/load slot within the pause screen  ? 

Not fully following you here. Can you re-explain?

3 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Not fully following you here. Can you re-explain?

I think what he is saying is he has changed the defaults in Retroarch so he uses a combo for states and the like with his controller, obviously that breaks the pause functionality as his keys are not default.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I think what he is saying is he has changed the defaults in Retroarch so he uses a combo for states and the like with his controller, obviously that breaks the pause functionality as his keys are not default.

I don't understand his question at the end though:

19 hours ago, Fredonneur said:

Is there anyway to activate  change save/load slot within the pause screen  ?

But anyways, you can change the scripts to match different keys of course, but that would be a manual process.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

But anyways, you can change the scripts to match different keys of course, but that would be a manual process.

I guess he wants to pick a save slot number rather than it automatically save in slot 0 or whatever the default is. That should be doable with the correct script, just like it is with MAME.

10 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I guess he wants to pick a save slot number rather than it automatically save in slot 0 or whatever the default is. That should be doable with the correct script, just like it is with MAME.

Oic, duh. Currently there's no way to set up a script to use a different slot unless the emulator has a UI for that.

2 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Oic, duh. Currently there's no way to set up a script to use a different slot unless the emulator has a UI for that.

F6 and F7 are save slot + and - by default in retroarch, although im not sure exactly how they work as i have never used them, i just save to the default.

On 6/7/2019 at 11:24 AM, Fredonneur said:

Yeah thats is what i meant, changing slot number on the pause screen instead of it always saving to #0 or loading the #0.  Sorry Not 100% english here.  As i understand this is not curently available.

That is correct.

Any one having issues with PPSSPP, I have save and load game saves working fine. But resuming from pause the emulator goes into window mode, a double click with the mouse or 2 presses of Alt-Enter brings it back fullscreen. How can this be fixed.. a script of Alt-Enter after resuming from pause... where would that script go?

edit - running latest version 1.8.0

Edited by drewjbx

Hello. I'm only having Pause screen Issues with MAME.   I can get the Pause screen to come up. but when i select like "Exit Game"    or  "save State"   it just resumes the game.    I have not edited any Keys in MAME nor have i messed with any keybindings.  Pause Screens work just fine with all my other Emulators.   MAME 1.85 version.    Hope its not just because of the older version of MAME.   any advise?

3 hours ago, sundogak said:

@drewjbx See this link to working emulators and/or notes on issues.  I assume you are talking about the PPSSPP standalone rather than Retroarch.  That is known issue with standalone. If you use the RA core for PPSSPP seems to work fine. 

thanks for link.. I am using the standalone and resolved the issue by adding this line twice in the pause settings 'on resume' tab. Brings it back to full screen.

sleep, 50
send !{Enter}

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BAB said:

Hello. I'm only having Pause screen Issues with MAME.   I can get the Pause screen to come up. but when i select like "Exit Game"    or  "save State"   it just resumes the game.    I have not edited any Keys in MAME nor have i messed with any keybindings.  Pause Screens work just fine with all my other Emulators.   MAME 1.85 version.    Hope its not just because of the older version of MAME.   any advise?

Yes, unfortunately this is caused by running a version of MAME that was released before they added the Direct Input keyboard functionality.

On 6/11/2019 at 10:21 PM, BAB said:

I'm having the same issue. I'm running a fresh install of mame 210.