LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme

viking

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 3:06 PM, skizzosjt said:

that likely makes sense. if there is no video file, and you removed the Screenshots - Fallback element, then there might be no element existing in that area. So what you are seeing is likely the bottom most layer, a black background. you might want to consider adding that back in or coming up with another idea to prevent seeing a black background when that situation arises.

@skizzosjt Thanks again for taking the time to give so much great advice. Please see the video below, I now have it working great! No more animation glitches!

Still have some minor tinkering to do,  but from the base Colorful theme I have made a few changes:

- Fixed video aspect ratios in game view being messed up

- Fixed some minor text issues being cut off

- Fixed animation glitches in game view during fast scroll/attract mode

- Made game selection text box background colors all blue to match Vewlix Diamond cab.

Edit:

I am not sure if all the grid boxes I added were necessary, but in case anyone else is having same issues these are the ones I added:

image.thumb.png.985a6ec095b071e15a9053829ae54467.png

Edited by LukeParry

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LukeParry said:

@skizzosjt Thanks again for taking the time to give so much great advice. Please see the video below, I now have it working great! No more animation glitches!

Still have some minor tinkering to do,  but from the base Colorful theme I have made a few changes:

- Fixed video aspect ratios in game view being messed up

- Fixed some minor text issues being cut off

- Fixed animation glitches in game view during fast scroll/attract mode

- Made game selection text box background colors all blue to match Vewlix Diamond cab.

Edit:

I am not sure if all the grid boxes I added were necessary, but in case anyone else is having same issues these are the ones I added:

image.thumb.png.985a6ec095b071e15a9053829ae54467.png

@skizzosjt Sorry to be a bother - last lingering issue for me is that the sound from the previous seleceted game is continuing during attract mode/scrolling as you can see in the video. Is there any way to have the audio stop for the previous game once I begin to navigate away?

Oh, and one other odd one. In the PlatformWheel1FiltersView there is a weird text glitch that shows up. For some reason the word 'Game' is bolded but the rest of the text is not and for the life of me I can not figure out how to toggle that. Pic attached.

image.png.4842a64af38da72dc6e3a44a83f70395.png

Edited by LukeParry

23 hours ago, LukeParry said:

@skizzosjt Sorry to be a bother - last lingering issue for me is that the sound from the previous seleceted game is continuing during attract mode/scrolling as you can see in the video. Is there any way to have the audio stop for the previous game once I begin to navigate away?

Oh, and one other odd one. In the PlatformWheel1FiltersView there is a weird text glitch that shows up. For some reason the word 'Game' is bolded but the rest of the text is not and for the life of me I can not figure out how to toggle that. Pic attached.

image.png.4842a64af38da72dc6e3a44a83f70395.png

for the video I use "update once selected" radio bubble and have a visibility condition that it is hidden unless the file exists. additionally I use animations to reduce opacity during selection, and return it to opaque once selected. I just tested a theory and if I remove the opacity animation setting that is making it 100% transparent (aka 0% opacity per CTC's slider parameter) during selection, it will now play sound during selection. so I would def make sure you use animations for 0% opacity during selection, and then 100% opacity once selected

for the "s" in games I would change it to something else like different font, size, color, etc, publish, and see what happens. do the changes actually go through? if not, then something is messed up. worse case scenario would be you can delete that element and recreate it. make sure font type and size matches the other bits of text boxes. also, font looks messed up all together in the bottom example. none of the font matches or is correct to top example. So another thought is you might not have the right font files installed. so make sure whatever font is being used in CTC, you have installed on your PC. you can include the font files within the theme's folder structure too. you can download all the Roboto family fonts for free if you don't have them, I think that was the majority if not all fonts.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, skizzosjt said:

for the video I use "update once selected" radio bubble and have a visibility condition that it is hidden unless the file exists. additionally I use animations to reduce opacity during selection, and return it to opaque once selected. I just tested a theory and if I remove the opacity animation setting that is making it 100% transparent (aka 0% opacity per CTC's slider parameter) during selection, it will now play sound during selection. so I would def make sure you use animations for 0% opacity during selection, and then 100% opacity once selected

for the "s" in games I would change it to something else like different font, size, color, etc, publish, and see what happens. do the changes actually go through? if not, then something is messed up. worse case scenario would be you can delete that element and recreate it. make sure font type and size matches the other bits of text boxes. also, font looks messed up all together in the bottom example. none of the font matches or is correct to top example. So another thought is you might not have the right font files installed. so make sure whatever font is being used in CTC, you have installed on your PC. you can include the font files within the theme's folder structure too. you can download all the Roboto family fonts for free if you don't have them, I think that was the majority if not all fonts.

@skizzosjt You're the GOAT! I had the 'once selected' animation set up for the main video, but after adding the 'during selection' 0% opacity it works perfect. Thank you again for your amazing help. Will get the text sorted now - I will just recreate the elements. I had installed the fonts previously, so must just be something goofy. Have a great rest of your weekend!

Here's a video of the difference (sorry for discord noise at 0:04s)

Edit: Fixed the text too with your suggestion. None of the text fields were displaying the fonts they were using (were just showing empty cells) but checking font file names in the theme fonts directory I saw it was Gilroy Bold. All fixed! Wahooooo!
image.thumb.png.0d725a19ebdc95337a82915392468568.png

Edited by LukeParry
  • Game On 1

I'm not sure if it's an improvement that would interest anyone, but I've used the video resources to create some new platform images with transparent screens. I've used these in place of the existing platform images and videos, and have standard gameplay videos running behind them. Now there are no issues with colour matching between the video and background. No issues with the transition between platform image and platform video anymore either.

Is it permitted to share my modified project files here if anyone would be interested?

• Like 1