LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme

viking

COLORFUL bigbox theme

View File

# WHAT IS COLORFUL MEDIA SET ?
COLORFUL is a complete and coherent high quality graphic set, around a unique design. Made with love in France. Hope you like it!!

COLORFUL_Banner_v2.thumb.jpg.cc3347194aedf12be1e85d8640be0d23.jpg

OFFICIAL COLORFUL ASSET :

RECOMMENDED COMMUNITY ASSET :

# HERE IS COLORFUL THEME FOR BIGBOX:
On this page we are talking about COLORFUL Theme for BigBox:
Design for work with my platform video set, COLORFUL THEME is thought to be used on the big screen (TV) in gaming console mode.
Modern, elegant and animated are the key words of this interface.

The COLORFUL project is getting too big for me alone.
@faeran  has taken over the source code of the theme. A BIG THANKS to you for your support and your precious help !! :x

# IN DETAIL ?
The main features :

• 16:9 only. (Works on other ratio, but with black bands)
  • Full 4K asset. (Any resolution must work, 4K assets)
  • Totally responsive. No resolution deformation on text size or placement.
  • Because of the white/black background, some ClearLogo comes with the theme.
  • Gamepad connection indicator & battery level.

# RECOMMENDATION ?
Any design choice gives limitations. Here are some recommendations for this theme :

• LaunchBox/BigBox up to date.
  • VLC highly recommended.
  • Design for work with COLORFUL platform video set. (but you can use any video you what)
  • Beware of full white/black ClearLogo. They will be invisible on Light/Dark views!
  • I didnt test this theme on a lowend configuration. There may be slowdown. (Curious to have your feedback on this subject!)

# COOL, HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
2 ways

1.  In Windows : Right here, with the download button. Extract the "Colorful" folder and place it in your "LaunchBox/Themes" directory.   (dont rename it!)
  2.  In BigBox : Option > Theme manager > Found "COLORFUL - Light" or "COLORFUL - Dark"

# HOW TO EDIT ?
You can now edit this theme within the COMMUNITY Theme Creator, using the COMMUNITY Theme Creator files below (current version from the CTC 2.3):

# SPECIAL THANKS !

# CREDITS !

# BY FILE, EVERY CUSTOM VIEW SUMMARY  (Here in LIGHT. Same principle/animation for DARK)

• PlatformWheel1FiltersView.xaml
  • v2_PlatformWheel1FiltersView.thumb.gif.c5efedc6b7a6e4bd4962a12beeee0aec.gif
  • PlatformWheel2FiltersView.xaml
  • v2_PlatformWheel2FiltersView.thumb.gif.c22bf2a1583f94b203079adde1f813e4.gif
  • WheelGamesView.xaml :
  •  474073990_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-WheelGamesView-2022-04-0713_15_51.thumb.jpg.43f1b19a91943b09dd8d76b8d0947516.jpg
  • Wheel2GamesView.xaml :
  • 634414446_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-Wheel2GamesView-2022-04-0713_16_13.thumb.jpg.7bfa1eeb24d854f4d380e139c60f5a1e.jpg
  • TextGamesView.xaml :
  • 555591633_BigBoxScreenshot-Colorful-Light-TextGamesView-2022-04-0713_17_17.thumb.jpg.cf0e7cbf54f36b556cd4aba64dae5171.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6
  • Game On 1
  • Unusual Gem 4

@Tromzy : Strange bug ... In general, either you have nothing, or you have everything! The problem continues after reboot BigBox? Or refresh the image cache?

@zetec-s-joe : Thx !!!  ?

@Cyril1979 : Merci pour le commentaire et la vidéo !!

@dov_EL : I'm not sure I understand. Which final version? I only posted the BETA version...
If you're talking about a problem with the "BigBox Theme Manager" version, I'm aware of it. I think the mistake comes from me by giving a wrong name to the ZIP archive containing the theme. Look in your folder "Launchbox / themes / ...". The folder containing my theme should be name "Colorful". Only this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stunning theme, thank you. 

I tried to install from theme manager but had issues, even after reboot, refresh images. 

I downloaded the Zip from here and installed it that way and everything looks and works fine. 

You will probably get a few people asking as the official Launchbox Youtube channel has a video showing how to install your theme via theme manager in the latest 10.0 release video.

Thanks again.  

Edited by CrossyX

3 hours ago, viking said:

@Tromzy : Strange bug ... In general, either you have nothing, or you have everything! The problem continues after reboot BigBox? Or refresh the image cache?

@dov_EL : I'm not sure I understand. Which final version? I only posted the BETA version...
If you're talking about a problem with the "BigBox Theme Manager" version, I'm aware of it. I think the mistake comes from me by giving a wrong name to the ZIP archive containing the theme. Look in your folder "Launchbox / themes / ...". The folder containing my theme should be name "Colorful". Only this.

update from BigBox 

7 hours ago, viking said:

thank You and Congrat ! :)

6 hours ago, viking said:

@Tromzy

: Honestly, I have no idea where the problem comes from. It's very strange! That all images are displayed well, except this one!? I dont know what to answer you. ?

I found the problem and solved it !! For some reason, my platform view was set to "Platform Wheel2" instead of 1. Setting it to 1 makes the button appear ! Thank you for trying to help ! :D

Edited by Tromzy
Typo