LaunchBox Community Forums

COLORFUL bigbox theme

viking

On 4/8/2022 at 12:47 AM, kobaturtle said:

@faeran Handheld platform category is missing from PlatformWheel views.

Can be fixed adding this in .xml plateform views until next release:

<DataTrigger Binding="{Binding SelectedPlatform.Name, Converter={StaticResource Contains}, ConverterParameter='Handhelds'}" Value="True">
                                                    <Setter Property="Fill" Value="#82cdea"/>
                                                </DataTrigger>

In date of 2024-01-27 this bug is still happening, your code is working as well in order to fix it.

Also the device pictures aren't showing in the Platform Categories view. They need to be renamed without the "Category_" prefix. The images can be found in theme directory under Hardware folder.

If this theme isn't developed anymore I can take over otherwise is there a Github page to make PRs?

Thank you.

• Like 1

We do our best!
Since the start of the year, I've had a lot of work  IRL, and I'm not managing to make progress on the new theme as quickly as I'd like.

That said, if you want to make a fork, no problem.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, viking said:

We do our best!
Since the start of the year, I've had a lot of work  IRL, and I'm not managing to make progress on the new theme as quickly as I'd like.

That said, if you want to make a fork, no problem.

No problem, I completely understand. I'm quite busy with numerous projects myself. Considering this, it would be beneficial to add this theme to Github, allowing the community to contribute by submitting pull requests to address bugs. Bugs reported in comment sections often get overlooked and may never be resolved in a stable version. When you find the time to focus on the theme, you can review and merge pull requests on Github. While I'm willing to host the theme on my Github, it seems more logical for it to be on your Github, given that you're the creator. Let me know if we can proceed with this, and I'd be happy to assist :)

Hey @viking loving your theme, but will the colors that don't match with the ones in the platform videos ever be fixed? It's really distracting and I can't get myself to use COLORFUL as my main theme, as long as these color issures are not resolved.

Best wishes!

EDIT: I'm referring to the issues mentioned here:

Edited by SiriusVI

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, Light Sock said:

@viking I would be interested in customizing this theme to my liking.

Can you please update those links? Thank you!

@faeran do you have any more recent sources to share? thx!!

Sorry for my silence lately.
A lot of work IRL since Christmas + the kids + renovations in my house.
Don't expect any update very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

But I haven't given up!
I still have the theme v3 in mind. And once it's developed, I'll go back to creating platform videos.

Thanks for your support and patience! <3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2024 at 5:21 AM, viking said:

@faeran do you have any more recent sources to share? thx!!

Sorry for my silence lately.
A lot of work IRL since Christmas + the kids + renovations in my house.
Don't expect any update very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

But I haven't given up!
I still have the theme v3 in mind. And once it's developed, I'll go back to creating platform videos.

Thanks for your support and patience! ❤️

On 3/19/2024 at 9:20 PM, Light Sock said:

Np man! I understand that, hope @faeran could chime in in the meantime and update the links :)

It's quite possible I could be missing something, since it's been a while, but from what I see, the current version is 2.03, and the resource files are also labeled 2.03. Let me know if I'm wrong and I can dig around.

those links on page 1 have been broken for a long time on this main discussion thread. the links are available on the file page. go to post below for the CTC files

@Light Sock if you do not have an old version of CTC you got a handful of work to do to make it look good. you can find a post from me on the previous page detailing the issue and solution. CTC 3.1.5 is def superior to 2.5.5 so I think it's worth doing it, assuming you want to keep all the animations and opacity fades etc type stuff.

9 hours ago, skizzosjt said:

those links on page 1 have been broken for a long time on this main discussion thread. the links are available on the file page. go to post below for the CTC files

@Light Sock if you do not have an old version of CTC you got a handful of work to do to make it look good. you can find a post from me on the previous page detailing the issue and solution. CTC 3.1.5 is def superior to 2.5.5 so I think it's worth doing it, assuming you want to keep all the animations and opacity fades etc type stuff.

Yes, this is true, you would have to use an older version of the CTC, but they should still work fine with it. At the moment, there's no plans to port it to newer versions of the CTC at the moment, but anyone that wants to is free to do so.