LaunchBox Community Forums

Blank Game Details screen - Forced to CTRL+ALT+DEL (BigBox)

nullNOVA

Hello!

I'm having this really frustrating issue that I cannot get my head around. When I'm scrolling through my list of games and select one, on occasion the game details screen will be missing all of it's options (e.g. Play and Configure) and the screenshot will also be missing. This happens often when exiting from a game also.

Here's how the screen should look:

aliv.thumb.png.53c83eed71fa61afd64f3cb96f4d5a15.pngHere's what sometimes happens:

ded.thumb.png.683ebf5a24a0e8b9dfad2b9f16116852.pngThe most frustrating part is that pressing ESC or ALT+F4 does not get you out of this screen, you can sometimes press the "accept" button on the controller and the option will be selected, however you can not see it. You can hear sounds in the background like the highlighted selection is changing but this stops working shortly after and you cannot scroll to the bottom option and hit "accept" to exit the game either.

I'm trying to have a seamless controller only experience but this is killing it unfortunately, please let me know any more info you may need!

Thanks.

@Retro808 I will try that, I've noticed that I have PS button+Options set to escape within DS4 and BigBox also had this set up, wonder if the two escape presses caused any issues when exiting games. And by default the play button and select button are bound to the same button in BigBox? Not sure if that's a bug but I changed those around also, not had the problem since but I'll definitely try the theme change if it happens again.

Thanks. :)

Edited by nullNOVA
More info.

I'm having this same issue on the default theme. I'm not sure how to reproduce the problem. I'll just scroll through the list and I will be stuck on the game details page with no information shown except for some logo art for the game. I have to force close BigBox. I can often navigate and fire up a game just fine, so it's very random. I can try changing themes and see if that helps, but I figured default would be the most stable.

After doing some reading on this forum I see there was a bug with the controller bindings in the last few releases. I personally experienced an issue where my keyboard button presses were often being recognized twice in rapid succession. Navigating the menu and selecting options has been frustrating ( launching multiple instances of games and constantly skipping over menu items etc). I'll try deleting the InputBindings.xml file and see if that resolves everything. 

6 minutes ago, Equation said:

Getting the same issue, very frustrating :/

There were tips mentioned in other similar posts that have helped some users have you tried any? There was even one mentioned here have you tried it?

The more feedback we can get on what worked or did not work helps a lot more than just knowing it is happening to someone else. 

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

There were tips mentioned in other similar posts that have helped some users have you tried any? There was even one mentioned here have you tried it?

The more feedback we can get on what worked or did not work helps a lot more than just knowing it is happening to someone else. 

Hi. Yeah I looked at the controller rebinding too see if start and quit had been put as the same key and they have not, I also tried disabling start up screen and pause screen (even though I really would like these) and still same result, doesn't happen very often and is random when it does. but i'll be scrolling down the game list then it will stick on a game (random) and will just show the game box and a black background, can not move anywhere from here, the background music still playing. Have to CTRL ALT DEL out the program. 

• 10 months later...