LaunchBox Community Forums

Deleting Game Takes Me Back To Top of List?!

Retroid84

Hi, i don't know if this is a bug or a new setting i need to change but whenever i delete a game or make edits to one like add additional applications etc it then goes back to the top of the game list starting at the beginning. Whenever i would delete games etc before it would keep its position in the game list, now when i am sorting through my platforms i have to keep scrolling back down to where i was but when you are trying to trim a collection of thousands of games it is too time consuming to delete one game, scroll from the top of the game list back to where i was, delete another just to repeat it over and over. 

I reverted back to a previous version which stops doing it however i don't want to be on an old version forever so i updated to the new official version and it is still doing it....anyone have any tips or advice?

Much appreciated in advance!

• Like 1

Edits should not be reverting back to the top (they don't in my testing at least). Deletes are currently though. I don't see it as much of an issues for deletions, but I can see how it would be jarring for edits. Can you guys confirm that edits are sending you to the top of the list? I can't seem to replicate that.

Well i too already reverted to the older version, i can confirm what you said about deletions, but i don't think i tried to edit a game. For me it actually is an issue for deletions as i'm currently sorting trough the mame 0.216 romset (about 5.5k games as i remember? excluding non-working ofcourse), and deleting anything i already have in the arcade classics section, so i do a lot of deletions.

3 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Edits should not be reverting back to the top (they don't in my testing at least). Deletes are currently though. I don't see it as much of an issues for deletions, but I can see how it would be jarring for edits. Can you guys confirm that edits are sending you to the top of the list? I can't seem to replicate that.

Bulk Editing is doing this as well (jumping back to top of list when done).  I'm currently going through my Arcade list and hiding/editing, and it makes it very painful compared to before.

@Jason CarrSorry yes it is when i delete files and also when i bulk edit as drw4013 said above^

It is a massive pain in the butt because i am trimming my collections so deleting thousands of games in launchbox itself, having to scroll down and find where i was among thousands of games every time i delete even just one of them is a massive issue ha don't know how you can think otherwise? Previous versions didn't do this it is only recently so is it reversible? It has put a hold on me trimming anything for now as it is taking 2 - 3 times as long as it did before this started happening.

Many thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

For me edit games only makes the row that game was in go to the top of the screen. Example: My screen shows 4 rows of games. If I edit a game in the bottom row, when I close the edit. That bottom row is now the top row. 

16 hours ago, Retro808 said:

For me edit games only makes the row that game was in go to the top of the screen. Example: My screen shows 4 rows of games. If I edit a game in the bottom row, when I close the edit. That bottom row is now the top row. 

I just edited a single game in LB 10.9, in the middle of my Arcade list, simply checking the "Hide" box.  Same result as Bulk Editing - Jumped all the way back up to the top row.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, drw4013 said:

I just edited a single game in LB 10.9, in the middle of my Arcade list, simply checking the "Hide" box.  Same result as Bulk Editing - Jumped all the way back up to the top row.

Well in that circumstance the game you had selected is deselected and then removed from the list because it is hidden. Since you don't have anything selected to return you to it goes to the top of the list. To my knowledge that behavior is intended.

Just now, C-Beats said:

Well in that circumstance the game you had selected is deselected and then removed from the list because it is hidden. Since you don't have anything selected to return you to it goes to the top of the list. To my knowledge that behavior is intended.

It did not work this way prior to 10.8.  I've been auditing my collection for the past few weeks.

• Like 1

Found a small work around, when you delete a game as soon as you press on the last "yes" button to delete it, if you quickly press straight onto the game next to it or another game before the screen dims. When it stops dimming it won't go back to the top of the list. Sometimes doesn't work if the timing isn't right but a temp solution that helps a bit at least. 

Edited by Retroid84
  • Like 1