LaunchBox Community Forums

Simpsons stopped working in Launchbox

MRB_Alters

It seemed to happen randomly today. The only changes I had made was to add bezel artwork to the mame/artwork folder, went to start the game and got this screen. It starts up fine through mame and I haven't encountered issues with any other games. I've tried removing the bezel art and it still didn't start. I've re-loaded the rom, reloaded mame as an emulator... not sure what else could be causing it?

simpsonscan1.jpg

simpsonscan2.jpg

31 minutes ago, MRB_Alters said:

Ok. But the game is still not working. It's still attempting and then giving me those same boxes.

the image in your original post is simply saying MAME cant find ANY of the files it needs for that game, so either your path in MAME is wrong, or the rom got moved/deleted somehow.

Go to the zip file you are pointing at (would assume from the image it is simpsons.zip) open it up and look in the root. All the files listed in that error message should be in the root of that zip file. The errors are stating that MAME did not find them there. Sounds like a file corruption issue or you aren't pointing to the correct file (or the MAME ini file is set up incorrectly). Don't know of any other reasons you would see that message.

9 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Go to the zip file you are pointing at (would assume from the image it is simpsons.zip) open it up and look in the root. All the files listed in that error message should be in the root of that zip file. The errors are stating that MAME did not find them there. Sounds like a file corruption issue or you aren't pointing to the correct file (or the MAME ini file is set up incorrectly). Don't know of any other reasons you would see that message.

My .ini file is in the Mame root folder. I checked the simpsons.zip file and all the files are there.

Do you by chance have more than one installation of mameui64.exe?  

It looks to me like the mame.ini file that's in the same folder as the mameui64.exe you're pointing LaunchBox to, doesn't have the 'rompath' pointing to the folder that simpsons.zip is located in.

Or if you have more than one simpsons.zip on your computer....