LaunchBox Community Forums

BannerBox

faeran

On 11/16/2022 at 3:52 AM, Dst901 said:

Hello, how to increase the speed of the fade transition when a system is selected ?

You would need to adjust the animation time within the xaml code itself. Depending on the view you want to adjust, you would open up that xaml file, find the relevant animation storyboards and adjust times.

• 3 months later...

Hey there !! Thank you so much for this theme that I am using from now. Though I have one issue, the cover art in the game list always appear very blurry and sometimes the clear logo too. When I enter the game details view, it's not blurry. See the screenshots.

440581956_Screenshot(1).png

1568478006_Screenshot(3).png

25 minutes ago, Self-Mao said:

Hey there !! Thank you so much for this theme that I am using from now. Though I have one issue, the cover art in the game list always appear very blurry and sometimes the clear logo too. When I enter the game details view, it's not blurry. See the screenshots.

440581956_Screenshot(1).png

1568478006_Screenshot(3).png

Pretty sure with that theme the quality level is determined by your CoverFlow Image Quality setting. Go into your Big Box options, under Images > CoverFlow Image Quality and adjust to your liking.

After you do that, you may need to refresh your image cache under the Image Cache options.

15 hours ago, faeran said:

Pretty sure with that theme the quality level is determined by your CoverFlow Image Quality setting. Go into your Big Box options, under Images > CoverFlow Image Quality and adjust to your liking.

After you do that, you may need to refresh your image cache under the Image Cache options.

Indeed. Thanks a lot for your answer, it's solved now ! I have another question, would it be possible to display a game game with a default font, if the clear logo is missing ? I am a backend dev with little knowledge about XAML but I may have a look later, or try the theme creator. Btw, you have made a wonderful job creating this theme. I love the 80s vibes in it, increase the nostalgic feelings.

4 hours ago, Self-Mao said:

Indeed. Thanks a lot for your answer, it's solved now ! I have another question, would it be possible to display a game game with a default font, if the clear logo is missing ? I am a backend dev with little knowledge about XAML but I may have a look later, or try the theme creator. Btw, you have made a wonderful job creating this theme. I love the 80s vibes in it, increase the nostalgic feelings.

Thanks @Self-Mao. Yes, it's possible. I'm guessing you mean the clear logo inside of the banner, which is all custom code. I haven't taken a look at it in a long while, but you would essentially create a text block displaying the game's name in the same position as the clear logo, set the visibility to collapsed, then create a data trigger that says "if the game has no clear logo, set the visibility to visible".

Ok so here are some of the banners I have created. I don't use gimp since many years and those were created in a rush with a lot of poor quality images, because most of the time they are the only pictures one can find on Google image. I have created them because I was tired to see those black empty spaces on the platforms wheel. I still have some missing banners but don't have much time to create them.

Please don't blame me for the somewhat poor quality job, I just upload them in case it can help somewhat fill their missing banners.

I don't own the artworks used in these pictures.

APF Imagination Machine.png

ACT Apricot PC Xi.png

Analogue Pocket.png

Apple I.png

Atari G1.png

Atari G42.png

Atari System 1.png

Bandai Design Master Denshi Mangajuku.png

Bandai Gundam RX-78.png

Benesse Pocket Challenge V2.png

Benesse Pocket Challenge W.png

Epoch Game Pocket Computer.png

Fujitsu FMR50.png

Fukutake Publishing Studybox.png

GamePark GP2X.png

Hitachi S1.png

Incredible Technologies Eagle.png

Konami Picno.png

Leapfrog LeapPad.png

Amazing work and theme!!!

I do have a question, I have been thinking about changing the backdrop, maybe per platform but not sure how it would look....

Just never been a fan of that retro neon art, lol...

Anyways is it possible to change the backdrop?

I would assume just dropping a new mp4 in the background folder and renaming it BG would work, BUT can that be done per platform, or even playlist

Cheers!

On 3/11/2023 at 3:53 AM, Onehate said:

Amazing work and theme!!!

I do have a question, I have been thinking about changing the backdrop, maybe per platform but not sure how it would look....

Just never been a fan of that retro neon art, lol...

Anyways is it possible to change the backdrop?

I would assume just dropping a new mp4 in the background folder and renaming it BG would work, BUT can that be done per platform, or even playlist

Cheers!

yup, changing the video file would work.

For per-platform video, maybe the easiest solution would be to set up multiple per-platform view files, and inside of each one, point to different video files.

• 6 months later...

This is a great theme but I have a question: I use both Launchbox android and BigBox on PC but the bigbox PC version of the theme is completely lacking the genre banners that the android version of the theme has. Would it be possible to add the 20 or so genre banners from the android version of the theme into the bigbox version? I think it would be a great addition that would make the theme even better.

Short of that, could you please direct me to a way of using the 20 or so custom backgrounds images for genres that the android version of Launchbox uses and use those as background images used by BigBox for the genres? The only option I found was to use a random fan background from one of the games in the genre, but I'd like to set a much nicer static image that the android version comes with.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!! Thanks very much for the nice theme!!

Only one thing, I would like to change the background video for game details (BG.mp4) for the fanart background from each game.

I downloaded the fanarts and would be nice to see it, and your details are good, but it would be great to use the backgrounds from the games (in the images folder for each system, not images inside the themes folder)

It is possible to do it? I tried to understand the theme code to change it but I can't/don't know how :(

Thanks!!