LaunchBox Community Forums

Troubleshooting MAME High Scores

i was able to get Mame Arcade 64 working, it was just a matter of renaming the exe to MAME64.exe and hiscores started to get shown within launchbox. i also tested some games that saves and updates.

• Like 1
  • Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Jason, Thanks for coming back. I have resolved the issue after downloading hiscore.dat file for mame220. For people who might be running mameui64, here it goes: There should be a folder named "hi"

Hey all, I thought I'd start this topic for anyone who's having trouble getting their MAME high scores to upload. First off, if you haven't updated to version 10.13, please do, as that does fix a numb

This is awesome. I fired up MAPPY, POOYAN and they all seem to work. I might have to start playing MAME again at the sweet age of 50 lol.

Posted Images

@filarenas3 @JoeViking245 @Jason Carr After a lot of trials, it appears that recent mame versions have modified the dumped content related to "special items counters", for whatever reason. I have slightly modified the 'bublbobl.xml' file (describing how to decode the game hiscores .hi file) to fix it, as it is sharing the same XML than 'bublboblr'

It will be part of the next release. I also attached the new file here in case you want to have a working version right now (LaunchBox should have a hi2txt.zip file somewhere, where all xml files are stored).

Thanks, @filarenas3, for reporting the issue :)

bublbobl.xml

• Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

First time trying this and I managed to get a few scores uploading following the instructions here, but am having some issues with Crystal Castles. Tried a few of the clones, 

"C:\emulators\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\hi2txt\hi2txt.exe" -trace -r "C:\emulators\mame0229\hi\ccastles1.hi" -hiscoredat "C:\emulators\mame0229\plugins\hiscore\hiscore.dat"
2021-03-17 12:09:05 PM Processing hi2txt output for ccastles1:
TRACE: working directory: C:\emulators\LaunchBox
TRACE: hiscore.dat: C:\emulators\mame0229\plugins\hiscore\hiscore.dat
TRACE: game high score: C:\emulators\mame0229\hi\ccastles1.hi
TRACE: game detected: ccastles1
TRACE: potential file containing hiscore: C:\emulators\mame0229\nvram\ccastles1\nvram_4a
TRACE: potential file containing hiscore: C:\emulators\mame0229\nvram\ccastles1\nvram_4b
TRACE: reading a description from file: C:\emulators\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\hi2txt\hi2txt.zip, entry ccastles1.xml
TRACE: description is using clone: ccastles
TRACE: reading a description from file: C:\emulators\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\hi2txt\hi2txt.zip, entry ccastles.xml
TRACE: reading dtd from file: C:\emulators\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\hi2txt\hi2txt.zip, entry hi2txt.dtd
TRACE: format defined: +1
TRACE: format defined: *100
TRACE: format defined: *10000
TRACE: format defined: score
TRACE: format defined: name
TRACE: format auto: hexadecimal_string
TRACE: charset defined: ccastles
TRACE: charset defined: CS_NUMBER
ERROR: unable to find a structure from the xml definition that matches size and hiscore.dat definition' for game 'ccastles1'

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

Hi all,

I just posted a high scores for both Bombjack and Frogger on MAME and it has come up with someone else's name (in this case Zombeaver) !

Does anyone know how this has happened ?

Thanks

18 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Hi all,

I just posted a high scores for both Bombjack and Frogger on MAME and it has come up with someone else's name (in this case Zombeaver) !

Does anyone know how this has happened ?

Thanks

Are you using C64 Dreams at all?

Just now, zugswang said:

Hi,

I have it in my setup, but wasn't using it.

Yeah, but have you merged it into your setup, or do you have it elsewhere on your PC?

23 hours ago, neil9000 said:

OK, Thanks. Ill PM Zombeaver in our moderator discord and let him know.

Every game I play where a highscore is created on the boards is using Zombeaver name !

Is it just for me or is this an issue generally for people using C64 Dreams ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I think there's a faulty high score for Metal Slug X: Super Vehicle 001. A user has a score of 55,555,555 and on top of being suspiciously perfect, it's more than 10 times every other score on the list. I don't think there's a way to get a score that high genuinely. Would it be possible to have it removed or fixed if it's somehow broken?

On 3/19/2021 at 5:15 AM, zugswang said:

Every game I play where a highscore is created on the boards is using Zombeaver name !

Is it just for me or is this an issue generally for people using C64 Dreams ?

Thanks

@Zombeaver Will need to fix this issue with C64 Dreams. Apparently he mistakenly distributed it with his games database account connected to it.

On 3/29/2021 at 6:44 PM, lovelaika said:

Hi there, I think there's a faulty high score for Metal Slug X: Super Vehicle 001. A user has a score of 55,555,555 and on top of being suspiciously perfect, it's more than 10 times every other score on the list. I don't think there's a way to get a score that high genuinely. Would it be possible to have it removed or fixed if it's somehow broken?

Thanks; I've removed that score.

21 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@Zombeaver Will need to fix this issue with C64 Dreams. Apparently he mistakenly distributed it with his games database account connected to it.

Yes, this will be corrected in the next update. It's not an issue even in the current version if the import instructions are followed correctly (settings.xml isn't something that's supposed to/should be imported into an existing collection). Well, unless someone decided to use C64 Dreams as a starting point and imported their library into it I guess (not sure why anyone would do that though).

I got zugswang sorted out. Just needed to log out through the cloud menu and then back in with his info.

• Like 1