LaunchBox Community Forums

Troubleshooting MAME High Scores

Jason Carr

First time trying this and I managed to get a few scores uploading following the instructions here, but am having some issues with Crystal Castles. Tried a few of the clones, 

"C:\emulators\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\hi2txt\hi2txt.exe" -trace -r "C:\emulators\mame0229\hi\ccastles1.hi" -hiscoredat "C:\emulators\mame0229\plugins\hiscore\hiscore.dat"
2021-03-17 12:09:05 PM Processing hi2txt output for ccastles1:
TRACE: working directory: C:\emulators\LaunchBox
TRACE: hiscore.dat: C:\emulators\mame0229\plugins\hiscore\hiscore.dat
TRACE: game high score: C:\emulators\mame0229\hi\ccastles1.hi
TRACE: game detected: ccastles1
TRACE: potential file containing hiscore: C:\emulators\mame0229\nvram\ccastles1\nvram_4a
TRACE: potential file containing hiscore: C:\emulators\mame0229\nvram\ccastles1\nvram_4b
TRACE: reading a description from file: C:\emulators\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\hi2txt\hi2txt.zip, entry ccastles1.xml
TRACE: description is using clone: ccastles
TRACE: reading a description from file: C:\emulators\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\hi2txt\hi2txt.zip, entry ccastles.xml
TRACE: reading dtd from file: C:\emulators\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\hi2txt\hi2txt.zip, entry hi2txt.dtd
TRACE: format defined: +1
TRACE: format defined: *100
TRACE: format defined: *10000
TRACE: format defined: score
TRACE: format defined: name
TRACE: format auto: hexadecimal_string
TRACE: charset defined: ccastles
TRACE: charset defined: CS_NUMBER
ERROR: unable to find a structure from the xml definition that matches size and hiscore.dat definition' for game 'ccastles1'

Any idea what I'm doing wrong ?

23 hours ago, neil9000 said:

OK, Thanks. Ill PM Zombeaver in our moderator discord and let him know.

Every game I play where a highscore is created on the boards is using Zombeaver name !

Is it just for me or is this an issue generally for people using C64 Dreams ?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I think there's a faulty high score for Metal Slug X: Super Vehicle 001. A user has a score of 55,555,555 and on top of being suspiciously perfect, it's more than 10 times every other score on the list. I don't think there's a way to get a score that high genuinely. Would it be possible to have it removed or fixed if it's somehow broken?

On 3/19/2021 at 5:15 AM, zugswang said:

Every game I play where a highscore is created on the boards is using Zombeaver name !

Is it just for me or is this an issue generally for people using C64 Dreams ?

Thanks

@Zombeaver Will need to fix this issue with C64 Dreams. Apparently he mistakenly distributed it with his games database account connected to it.

On 3/29/2021 at 6:44 PM, lovelaika said:

Hi there, I think there's a faulty high score for Metal Slug X: Super Vehicle 001. A user has a score of 55,555,555 and on top of being suspiciously perfect, it's more than 10 times every other score on the list. I don't think there's a way to get a score that high genuinely. Would it be possible to have it removed or fixed if it's somehow broken?

Thanks; I've removed that score.

21 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

@Zombeaver Will need to fix this issue with C64 Dreams. Apparently he mistakenly distributed it with his games database account connected to it.

Yes, this will be corrected in the next update. It's not an issue even in the current version if the import instructions are followed correctly (settings.xml isn't something that's supposed to/should be imported into an existing collection). Well, unless someone decided to use C64 Dreams as a starting point and imported their library into it I guess (not sure why anyone would do that though).

I got zugswang sorted out. Just needed to log out through the cloud menu and then back in with his info.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this is a strange one.

Been playing Stargate recently but didn't see the "View High scores" option on the Big Box Pause menu for this game.

I thought the game wasn't supported but then I was looking at high scores on another game and clicked my name to see my scores on all games I've played and Stargate showed up. So It recorded it somehow, I just can't see it from the Stargate pause menu.

18 hours ago, silveralex said:

OK, this is a strange one.

Been playing Stargate recently but didn't see the "View High scores" option on the Big Box Pause menu for this game.

I thought the game wasn't supported but then I was looking at high scores on another game and clicked my name to see my scores on all games I've played and Stargate showed up. So It recorded it somehow, I just can't see it from the Stargate pause menu.

Maybe you're just looking at two different versions of the game, where one is supported and the other isn't?

8 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Maybe you're just looking at two different versions of the game, where one is supported and the other isn't?

I only have 1 stargate I can choose in LaunchBox / big box . Is there some way to check what is supported ? In LaunchBox I don’t see the little hiscore badge , which makes me think it’s not supported . Like I said, however , my score is listed now (4/12 score) 

UBig error? How can this be?

I looked at global ranking total on mame leaderboards, and saw something that might be a flaw?

The player (name hidden) has 2 incredible records (1000 times as much as #2) in Solomons Key and Gunbird. I checked on youtube (view video url in details) and saw Gunbird longplay video ... in 30 minutes the youtubeplayer gets 1.500.000

That is 50.000 a minute. And if (name hidden) should play like the other guy, he would have to play a very long game, like 37 days in one sitting, to obtain 2,661,195,422 points (#2 scored 1,462,429)

In Solomons Key a youtubeplayer made a video called “Solomon’s Key - Arcade No Miss - 10,647,094 pts” he completes the game meaning solves the final round, so I guess it is hard to obtain 2,151,686,160 pts (more than 200 times as much?)  like PEZKING does (#2 has a score at 664,750).

I hope you don’t see my question as bad, I don’t know how it happened, but I think it must be wrong, maybe an error,  who knows. ( I too had to report a much to high highscore I made, in a game that made an error, AFAIR.)

Maybe I just dont know s... about the 2 games, then I’m sorry ?

Edited by erling1000

Can someone take a look at my Debug log and tell me what is happening? My high scores haven't been working for some time.

RANK|SCORE|NAME
1|30200|DAD
2|24200|DAD
3|20000|TAE
4|15000|YAM
5|10000|POO
2021-04-13 07:20:43 PM MameHighScores.Parse: Uploading score 30200 for ROM file 1943mii and name DAD...
2021-04-13 07:20:44 PM MameHighScores.Parse: Uploading score 24200 for ROM file 1943mii and name DAD...
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Start
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Before Notify Maximize Visibility
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Before Notify Restore Visibility
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Before Notify Window Controls Margin
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Before Set Window Border Visibility
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Before Notify Window Border Visibility
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Completed
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Start
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Before Pause Video
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Completed
2021-04-13 07:21:05 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
2021-04-13 07:21:05 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
2021-04-13 07:21:05 PM FIRST CHANCE CONTINUED INNER EXCEPTION: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
2021-04-13 07:21:05 PM FIRST CHANCE CONTINUED INNER EXCEPTION: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean allowHttp2, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean allowHttp2, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SendRequest()
2021-04-13 07:21:05 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
2021-04-13 07:21:05 PM FIRST CHANCE EXCEPTION: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
   at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadBits(WebRequest request, Stream writeStream)
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadBits(WebRequest request, Stream readStream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 chunkSize, Byte[] header, Byte[] footer)
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadBits(WebRequest request, Stream readStream, Byte[] buffer, Int32 chunkSize, Byte[] header, Byte[] footer)
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(Uri address, String method, NameValueCollection data)
2021-04-13 07:21:05 PM EXCEPTION IGNORED: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
   at System.Net.WebClient.UploadValues(Uri address, String method, NameValueCollection data)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Search.GamesDatabase.UploadMameHighScore(String romFile, Int64 score, String inGameName)

Debug 2021-04-13 07-14-24 PM.log

Edited by coreyhustle

20 minutes ago, coreyhustle said:

Can someone take a look at my Debug log and tell me what is happening? My high scores haven't been working for some time.

RANK|SCORE|NAME
1|30200|DAD
2|24200|DAD
3|20000|TAE
4|15000|YAM
5|10000|POO
2021-04-13 07:20:43 PM MameHighScores.Parse: Uploading score 30200 for ROM file 1943mii and name DAD...
2021-04-13 07:20:44 PM MameHighScores.Parse: Uploading score 24200 for ROM file 1943mii and name DAD...
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Start
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Before Notify Maximize Visibility
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Before Notify Restore Visibility
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Before Notify Window Controls Margin
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Before Set Window Border Visibility
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Before Notify Window Border Visibility
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.StateChanged Completed
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Start
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Before Pause Video
2021-04-13 07:20:57 PM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Completed
2021-04-13 07:21:05 PM EXCEPTION IGNORED: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Search.GamesDatabase.UploadMameHighScore(String romFile, Int64 score, String inGameName)

Debug 2021-04-13 07-14-24 PM.log 73.18 kB · 0 downloads

Looks like a internet connection issue to this layman, hopefully someone more knowledgable can provide a more precise answer.