LaunchBox Community Forums

Troubleshooting MAME High Scores

Jason Carr

On 8/4/2022 at 12:49 PM, Frondator said:

Thanks for the information. I was able to fix my Bubble Bobble issue with the fix given a few posts back in this thread. I also noticed that you deleted a glitched hiscore a few posts ago when someone alerted you. I've seen a lot of them, most of the time 5,555,555 types, but also scores an order of magnitude better than the usual best players at certain types of games, like Varorav will be number three with a seven-digit score and there will be two scores of over 1 billion on a game that clearly does not have 1 billion points in it. Do we just report glitched scores to you or somewhere else?

You can report them here. I don't go through and remove them often, because I just don't have the time to do it on a regular basis. But I'll probably get around to doing it eventually if you can post it in this thread.

• 1 month later...

hi @Jason Carr

I have a problem with bubble bobble version 0.1 japan not loading high scores in the Launchbox database.
this does not happen for other supported games like 1942, 1943, Tapper, Asteroids, Galaga ...
I attach the Launchbox log file and the .hi file (nvram is not created by the romset)
the romset mame version is 0.247 of 08/31/2022 and the mame version is 0.247Debug 2022-09-21 04-56-31 PM.logbublbobl.hi
Thank you.

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2022 at 7:03 PM, Jason Carr said:

You can report them here. I don't go through and remove them often, because I just don't have the time to do it on a regular basis. But I'll probably get around to doing it eventually if you can post it in this thread.

I get it you can't edit everything by your self, but is there a way for us to help you? I don't know how popular the Community Leaderboard are but I love it. If it would be possible I would help you... hehe I can do more than just translate Launchbox for the "swedish" users 🪂 

49 minutes ago, gantraz said:

I get it you can't edit everything by your self, but is there a way for us to help you? I don't know how popular the Community Leaderboard are but I love it. If it would be possible I would help you... hehe I can do more than just translate Launchbox for the "swedish" users 🪂 

We're actually working on making those edits easier. Right now, unfortunately for us to open them up requires some development. The only thing we have right now is direct access to the database, which we definitely can't share with anyone. We'll be working on some admin tools here soon that should really help.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Need some help. I made a copy of my Launchbox setup to someone and he has his own forever license but for some reason it shows my name joe35car but his initials GAB. Look like this in Robotron (joe35car - GAB). How do we fix this? He is also a member here.

Thanks

Edited by Joe35car

13 hours ago, Joe35car said:

Hello,

Need some help. I made a copy of my Launchbox setup to someone and he has his own forever license but for some reason it shows my name joe35car but his initials GAB. Look like this in Robotron (joe35car - GAB). How do we fix this? He is also a member here.

Thanks

image.thumb.png.3484ee5eb156a31f6a1c5a0b5d6124d9.png

image.thumb.png.9ae0d6c17811e95a84caed83cf5f68bc.png

Change the LaunchBox Games Database login credentials.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
18 minutes ago, Trace Katral said:

Scores not posting all of a sudden.

So I've read through the forums and applied all recommendations. Nothing is being posted to the LeaderBoards. 

I just scored a high score and here is the Log file. 

Any recommendations? Im at a loss.

Debug 2023-03-23 10-09-44 AM.log 48.97 kB · 1 download

It seems that MAME has modified something in Hiscore.

Follow this tutorial. No need to install the plugin, just follow the instructions starting from "Setting up MAME to save high scores:"

https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2212-view-mame-high-scores-in-game-details-a-plugin-for-launchboxbigbox/

• Thanks 1

HEY IT WORKS! I just posted a highscore on the leaderboards! FINALLY! 

Thank you so much. 

BTW I placed the Folder in the Launchbox plugin folder. Got a top score on a high score supported game and it did not post. 

But then I copied the DLL and placed it into the Launchbox plugin folder and it worked.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

No more Mame High Score is uploading.

I did a fresh install of Mame/Launchbox (latest version for both), i followed  the instruction on this page :  https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2212-view-mame-high-scores-in-game-details-a-plugin-for-launchboxbigbox/ But no His-score is uploaded...

Then i checked on my Arcade Cabinet (latest version of Launchbox but Mame version 0.240)  and it's the same : no more hi-score uploaded (it was previously upaloaded without problem few monthjs ago when i was using it...)

i tried 3 or 4 games that i used to have hiscores  when playing them but none work.

Really have no idea why all of a sudden nothing works :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 5:05 PM, Elhora said:

I did a fresh install of Mame/Launchbox (latest version for both), i followed  the instruction on this page :  https://forums.launchbox-app.com/files/file/2212-view-mame-high-scores-in-game-details-a-plugin-for-launchboxbigbox/ But no His-score is uploaded...

Then i checked on my Arcade Cabinet (latest version of Launchbox but Mame version 0.240)  and it's the same : no more hi-score uploaded (it was previously upaloaded without problem few monthjs ago when i was using it...)

i tried 3 or 4 games that i used to have hiscores  when playing them but none work.

Yep, I posted before you that after downloading the "HiScoreCustomField.dll" I got highscores working. However I just beat my Tetris high score and it did not update. I also tried a new game that I never played before scored 28,560, and the lowest score posted was 1,040. Did not post. It was working fine now suddenly stopped. I'm beginning to think it's a server issue. I changed nothing on my system, nothing was updated. It just stops working. It's a shame because highscore chasing is the reason I got Launchbox.

Edited by Trace Katral

On 4/3/2023 at 5:05 PM, Elhora said:

So I made BigBox run as administrator every time it starts. I just tried a game I never played before called Alien Arena. Got a highscore and it posted! I don't know if what I did helped but it's working now. By the way Alien Arena is an interesting game. It has no sound though.

2 hours ago, Trace Katral said:

Yep, I posted before you that after downloading the "HiScoreCustomField.dll" I got highscores working. However I just beat my Tetris high score and it did not update. I also tried a new game that I never played before scored 28,560, and the lowest score posted was 1,040. Did not post. It was working fine now suddenly stopped. I'm beginning to think it's a server issue. I changed nothing on my system, nothing was updated. It just stops working. It's a shame because highscore chasing is the reason I got Launchbox.

The plugin from that thread has nothing to do with the thread you are posting in. That 3rd Party plugin in completely different than the built in HiScore system for this thread that LB has. So if you are having issues with that plugin in you need to post in that thread. 

2 hours ago, Trace Katral said:

So I made BigBox run as administrator every time it starts. I just tried a game I never played before called Alien Arena. Got a highscore and it posted! I don't know if what I did helped but it's working now. By the way Alien Arena is an interesting game. It has no sound though.

Just an FYI it is recommended you not run LB/BB as admin. It will affect some emulators. 

• 2 weeks later...

high scores are not right sum high scores were done befor you did the anti cheat system but the scores are still there. they need to be reset please cus there is no point in playing a game when the high score wos done befor you could change the dip switches on games like phoenix with a high of 300.000 that bull.

On 4/12/2023 at 1:14 PM, Retro808 said:

The plugin from that thread has nothing to do with the thread you are posting in. That 3rd Party plugin in completely different than the built in HiScore system for this thread that LB has. So if you are having issues with that plugin in you need to post in that thread. 

Just an FYI it is recommended you not run LB/BB as admin. It will affect some emulators. 

Oh, thanks. I did not any of that. So I have some questions.

1. So where is that 3rd party plugin posting?

2. Also so why are the highscores not posting suddenly? Is it a server issue?

3 How can I wipe out my scores and start over?