LaunchBox Community Forums
Jason Carr

Troubleshooting MAME High Scores

Posted (edited)

looks like a run i did on futari15.zip somehow duplicated the existing score. Had some other issues with the futari's, but that was i think before the last update. I'll post here if i come across it again. 

Good work guys, it's working great for the most part!

Capture.PNG

Edited by yourmovecr33p

17 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks, this should be fixed now.

Please enable debug logs in the LaunchBox options (see the first post of this thread). Then you can look in the log file to see what's happening.

Ok, I'II do this.  Thanks.

On 6/10/2020 at 8:25 AM, Jason Carr said:

You're not on any ban list. Check your debug log?

Debug 2020-06-17 09-34-48 AM.log

Here's my log.  I'm not sure what I'm looking for here.  Some games the scores are recording properly (Asteroids) and others are not (Bezerk, Galaxian).  However, all these games recorded scores in the past, so they stopped working at some point.  Thanks for any help!

On 6/17/2020 at 12:13 PM, alnyden said:

Debug 2020-06-17 09-34-48 AM.log 147.09 kB · 0 downloads

Here's my log.  I'm not sure what I'm looking for here.  Some games the scores are recording properly (Asteroids) and others are not (Bezerk, Galaxian).  However, all these games recorded scores in the past, so they stopped working at some point.  Thanks for any help!

Sorry for the long delay here @alnyden. I don't see anything going wrong with Berzerk or Galaxian, but I do see that no new high scores are being found. Are you sure that you're actually achieving new high scores for those games (and that the game's high scores tables are changing)?

I would check to see if the nvram or hi files for those games are actually being updated after achieving a new high score on the board. If not, that would probably be a MAME issue somehow.

On 6/16/2020 at 2:24 PM, Jason Carr said:

Thanks, this should be fixed now.

Please enable debug logs in the LaunchBox options (see the first post of this thread). Then you can look in the log file to see what's happening.

Hello, here the log, just in case it help other...btw, it was bubble bobble not mr.do.  i need now to understand what that mean. start at line 127

Debug 2020-07-02 03-07-16 PM.log

Edited by patrickfx