LaunchBox Community Forums

Troubleshooting MAME High Scores

Jason Carr

3 minutes ago, Snakeystew said:

10.14? As far as I know it's the latest version.

Yeah that is the latest official release, your issue should have been fixed in the latest betas. you can either upgrade to that, or wait for the official release, there is no ETA on that yet though.

I tried Hatris, never played it before.  I think it trimmed a couple of zeros off.

13 is pretty terrible, although 1300 is not much better.   lol

Sorry, no logs for this one.  Just reporting the issue.  I am on latest beta.

image.thumb.png.9557ea1a164e6f74998af6b12b0bab6f.png

On 5/12/2020 at 10:36 AM, Andyman said:

Is there a full setup guide for this anywhere? I've followed the text in LB and on hi2txt and I'm getting nothing no matter what I do. I feel like I must be missing an essential step somewhere.

Sorry to bump, but I think this got lost in the posts that came right after. Any help is appreciated on this. Thank you!

On 5/9/2020 at 2:16 PM, Snakeystew said:

Hope this is the best place for it, but for some reason Metal Slug X has given me a score of 15 billion (impossible). I actually got around 840,000 but didn't enter my name and exited the game.  I think it needs fixing and my score removing :)

Sorry for the delay on my responses in this thread; I've been busy trying to wrap up the 10.15 release. I went ahead and removed this score. It sounds like this issue should be fixed for the 10.15 release which just came out.

On 5/12/2020 at 7:36 AM, Andyman said:

Is there a full setup guide for this anywhere? I've followed the text in LB and on hi2txt and I'm getting nothing no matter what I do. I feel like I must be missing an essential step somewhere.

This should get you started:

On 5/12/2020 at 10:04 AM, Snakeystew said:

Alas, the problem has occurred again - this time on Chase HQ, giving me a 101 billion score. I only got to the second boss. Can they be removed?

Just removed this score as well. Please update to 10.15, as I think it should resolve these issues.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:35 AM, Ateb said:

I tried Hatris, never played it before.  I think it trimmed a couple of zeros off.

13 is pretty terrible, although 1300 is not much better.   lol

Sorry, no logs for this one.  Just reporting the issue.  I am on latest beta.

image.thumb.png.9557ea1a164e6f74998af6b12b0bab6f.png

If you're still seeing this with the 10.15 release, please create a ticket for GreatStone here: https://github.com/GreatStoneEx/hi2txt-xml/issues

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

wot happens if you use a different rom set for a rom. like rev 1 or rev 2 in game that people aint got then they can get hi score people should use same version to get hi score.

A revision will have a different file name, so its a different game at that point.

6 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

wot happens if you use a different rom set for a rom. like rev 1 or rev 2 in game that people aint got then they can get hi score people should use same version to get hi score.

Each version logs it's own high score

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 3.41.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 3.41.21 PM.png

Hey guys, I need some help with my MAME hi-score situation.  I did not realize dipswitch checking had been implemented.  I went into the dipswitches for Berzerk, not to cheat but because sometimes I must to get past the rom check screen.  Anyway, I started noticing the hi-scores weren't recording anymore.  I read-up on the issue, and figured that was the reason.  I've tried deleting the .cfg file to no avail.  In addition to Bezerk, it seems no other games will update their scores anymore. 

If I've been placed on some kind of lockout for changing the dipswitch, is there anyway to reset this?  Thanks!

R

19 hours ago, alnyden said:

Hey guys, I need some help with my MAME hi-score situation.  I did not realize dipswitch checking had been implemented.  I went into the dipswitches for Berzerk, not to cheat but because sometimes I must to get past the rom check screen.  Anyway, I started noticing the hi-scores weren't recording anymore.  I read-up on the issue, and figured that was the reason.  I've tried deleting the .cfg file to no avail.  In addition to Bezerk, it seems no other games will update their scores anymore. 

If I've been placed on some kind of lockout for changing the dipswitch, is there anyway to reset this?  Thanks!

R

You're not on any ban list. Check your debug log?

Should the scores upload after every time a game is quit regardless of if it is a personal high score or not? I presume this is how weekly, monthly, etc lists work.
I've played Tapper & Timber a couple of times this week and score's aren't showing in any leader boards, the uploads seem pretty inconsistent.

Log from latest round of Tapper, BETA box is ticked in Launchbox.

Debug 2020-06-10 08-31-12 PM.log

10 hours ago, nicr4wks said:

Should the scores upload after every time a game is quit regardless of if it is a personal high score or not? I presume this is how weekly, monthly, etc lists work.
I've played Tapper & Timber a couple of times this week and score's aren't showing in any leader boards, the uploads seem pretty inconsistent.

Log from latest round of Tapper, BETA box is ticked in Launchbox.

Debug 2020-06-10 08-31-12 PM.log 33.85 kB · 0 downloads

No, scores will only show up if you achieve a *new* personal high score. The only way to get around that would be to remove all existing MAME high scores before starting up a game, and that's not really a good option.

Hello, anyone have problem with some games high score writing in database.  Some work , and some dont in my case.  very frustrating when you do your best game ever :) but it is not recorded.... :(

Example, mr.do! do not work for me...

Should we have a specific rom version ?  If yes, how to know which one is the one to use ?

Sorry, hope i do not overseeing this therad with these questions...

On 6/12/2020 at 3:52 PM, erling1000 said:

Hi there.

Just  wanted to let you know there is a mistake in Boomer Rang'r Hiscores. Three people scored the enourmous / impossible score of 110,111,112 which clearly is a glitch somewhere - not pointing fingers ?

Greetings

Thanks, this should be fixed now.

15 hours ago, patrickfx said:

Hello, anyone have problem with some games high score writing in database.  Some work , and some dont in my case.  very frustrating when you do your best game ever :) but it is not recorded.... :(

Example, mr.do! do not work for me...

Should we have a specific rom version ?  If yes, how to know which one is the one to use ?

Sorry, hope i do not overseeing this therad with these questions...

Please enable debug logs in the LaunchBox options (see the first post of this thread). Then you can look in the log file to see what's happening.

looks like a run i did on futari15.zip somehow duplicated the existing score. Had some other issues with the futari's, but that was i think before the last update. I'll post here if i come across it again. 

Good work guys, it's working great for the most part!

Capture.PNG

Edited by yourmovecr33p