LaunchBox Community Forums

hi score mame

andyco47

some of the hi score are impossable on sume of the games.plus i think there changing from the standard 3 lives and hitting tab key and changing from 3 lives to the highest it will give you for that game like 5 to 6 lives.

Edited by andyco47

23 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

some of the hi score are impossable on sume of the games

With all due respect "impossible" or impossible for you to match, cause that would be a big difference. Obviously skill levels of players will vary, so unless it is truly a "impossible" score it could just as easily be just a very good player.

I just removed five of the highest scores out there, because they were obviously bugged. I don't see anything else in the database that I would call an "impossible" high score, after removing those five records. I also added code to prevent those bugged high scores from showing up again.

4 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

With all due respect "impossible" or impossible for you to match, cause that would be a big difference. Obviously skill levels of players will vary, so unless it is truly a "impossible" score it could just as easily be just a very good player.

I can understand why someone might think that as some of the scores seem to have overly high scores to others, but if someone is in doubt, they can look over at Twin Galaxies who have official record score for arcade games and there are some pretty incredible achievements.

Example: Dig Dug high score over 5 million points. The guy played for over 11 hours straight!

The issue with different dip switch settings for lives, hardiness, etc will make comparisons difficult, but this is also just for fun. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Headrush69 said:

I can understand why someone might think that as some of the scores seem to have overly high scores to others, but if someone is in doubt, they can look over at Twin Galaxies who have official record score for arcade games and there are some pretty incredible achievements.

Example: Dig Dug high score over 5 million points. The guy played for over 11 hours straight!

The issue with different dip switch settings for lives, hardiness, etc will make comparisons difficult, but this is also just for fun. :)

That's a great idea there. :)

7 minutes ago, andyco47 said:

yes i no it just for fun but here is an eg look at u n squadron everybody is gettin around 50,000 and then someone comes along and get 521,500 which to me does look odd to me.

The high score for that one is listed at 1,439,050.

I guess we have some players better than both of us using LB. ;)

because samurai shadown I don't get a score and I got it

2020-04-26 11:04:35 AM RomPath after M3U build: D:\Multi Jogos\rom\samsho.zip
2020-04-26 11:04:37 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Start
2020-04-26 11:04:37 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Before Pause Video
2020-04-26 11:04:37 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Deactivated Completed
2020-04-26 11:13:48 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Start
2020-04-26 11:13:48 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before JoystickTimer Enabled Set
2020-04-26 11:13:48 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Resume Video
2020-04-26 11:13:48 AM Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.MainViewModel.window.Activated Before Check Already Focused
2020-04-26 11:13:49 AM Processing hi2txt output for samsho:
ERROR: No XML description found for ROM 'samsho'
2020-04-26 11:13:49 AM MameHighScores.Parse: No new scores found to upload!
2020-04-26 11:13:50 AM Music.Play Start
2020-04-26 11:13:50 AM Music.Kill Start
2020-04-26 11:13:50 AM Music.Kill Finished
2020-04-26 11:13:50 AM Music.Play Empty Music Path
2020-04-26 11:13:50 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
2020-04-26 11:13:50 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF
2020-04-26 11:13:54 AM Music.Play Start
2020-04-26 11:13:54 AM Music.Kill Start
2020-04-26 11:13:54 AM Music.Kill Finished
2020-04-26 11:13:54 AM Music.Play Empty Music Path
2020-04-26 11:13:54 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Start
2020-04-26 11:13:54 AM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke WPF

Edited by Cronos74

• 2 weeks later...

@sundogak

sinistar:
   at the star:
     "sinimmortals" hiscores (=alltime hiscores): all set to 0 by the game itself
     "today's" hiscores: not 0, but not saved by mame
   then, when player is making a hiscores:
     "sinimmortals" hiscores: updated correctly, decoded correctly on my side
     "today's" hiscores: not saved by mame
   => I do not see any glitch here, difficult to say more without seeing a log with trace ON as well as the nvram file

@Cronos74

samsho:
   unsupported game, never decoded the nvram file for it or its clones.
   => expected behavior to not find any "XML description" (which means no XML file provided by hi2txt explaining how to decode the nvram file saved by mame)

@Cronos74

afighter:
   score is stored in nvram AND .hi files, on 4 bytes
   each nibble must be a number [0-9], so max score is 99 999 999.
   last release of hi2txt (1.12) is detecting, in this case, if any nibble is different than [0-9] (ex: corrupted nvram with some 0xFF, leading to a very very big score), and do not display anything
   so, theorically, it cannot be 2 704 151 200, in any case.
   => are you sure that the last hi2txt release is used?
   => difficult to say more without seeing a log with trace ON as well as the nvram+.hi files

@Jason Carr Just for you information.

• Like 1

@GreatStone The issue was during the initial early Beta phase of LB. It recorded as my high score a score that was in the default nvram as #1 position, and not something I earned.  It did record a far lower "high" score I earned later on and the issue hasn't popped up since the beta. So suspect just early teething pains on working the plugin, Mame, and LB interfaces.  So unfortunately, I don't think a log will do much since doubt will replicate at this point.  Ultimately, I just didn't want someone thinking I had cheated/put cheats on (this was before the it was known all HS were going to be reset).  So all good at this point, but thanks for looking at it and the work on the LB/MAME plugin interfaces.