LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox Crashing

Mr.Laor

Hey Folks, 

I originally posted on the LB 11 beta thread - but I get lost in the stream.

LB is crashing on my consistently with the latest build.

I tried adding images to a game manually (placing and naming files in the appropriate image folder). Afterwards, certain images (fanart box front) wouldn't show. I tried clicking the microscope icon and I get the message below - and LB crashes.

I tried deleting the LB cache, I tried restarting, I tried manually switching images. same effect.

Any help?Crash.thumb.png.0faa32d5917d9e4f110c6a49dc6fe996.png

Fair, but I also posted originally on Friday. As much as I love the program and contribute to the community, I believe it's fair to expect some type of reply after 36 hours when I have a consistent problem with LB crashing. Maybe that's unrealistic? How long is reasonable? Not starting drama- legitimatly want to temper my expectations.

11 minutes ago, Mr.Laor said:

Fair, but I also posted originally on Friday. As much as I love the program and contribute to the community, I believe it's fair to expect some type of reply after 36 hours when I have a consistent problem with LB crashing. Maybe that's unrealistic? How long is reasonable? Not starting drama- legitimatly want to temper my expectations.

i am sure this will be looked at on Monday, it is the weekend after all

1 hour ago, Mr.Laor said:

Its the weekend, you work 24/7 do you? Give the man some time to himself at the weekends and im sure he will reply to your post once he is back at his PC on Monday.

Typically when LB errors it doesn't give a pop up error like that. Are you running a custom theme or plugin? Also could you provide a log of when this is happening? We didn't change any code related to the image previewer so not sure why you would be having any issues in this build that you weren't having before.

@Mr.Laor are you using a badge plugin created with my custom badge creator? Iv just tested a badge on my mame collection and although memory usage is similar to normal, seems the cpu goes a bit haywire.

Edit: actually scratch that, only goes a bit crazy when loading a platform then settles again.

Edited by jayjay