LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Graphical Glitching v11.3-11.6 *Solved - Page 3*

neosean99

I still have this issue on my OneXPlayer i71195g7, but funny thing I don't have the issue with a GPD Win Max i71195G7.  Can't remember how I fixed the GPD about a month ago.  If anyone else has any idea, I'm all ears.

I remember editing the registry on the GPD so windows 10 doesn't overwrite the GFX driver with new updates, not sure if that was it.

Edited by slydog43

I fixed my OneXPlayer.  Not sure if this will help others, but this is what I did.

1) Edited registry  ->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching and change SearchOrderConfig from 1 to 0 (zero)

2) Reboot

3) installed igfx_win_101.1069.exe (intel graphics driver)

4) rebooted, good to go

Hope this helps someone, or even me in the future on other devices :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 9/17/2020 at 8:12 PM, Jason Carr said:

@RedHoodRobin64 It would help to know if you have Sonic Suite installed, or if you have NahimicOSD in Task Manager, per the above.

Great - thank you so much for this for this. Glad I checked in here before going nuclear - you've saved me hours (if not days/weeks).

I checked everything to fix my graphical glitches and was about to start rolling back to previous versions of launchbox in an attempt to resolve - backing up my drive for comfort before hand (though i still really need to do this soon anyway) - or worse still going back to the community editor and re-doing my entire custom theme again!

My problem was the NahimicOSD mentioned above which I downloaded a month or so back. Can't for the life of me remember why I did, but needless to say it's now gone - and so have my video glitches. Thanks all. 

• Like 1

I'm having a similar issue. I'm on the verge of wiping windows and reinstalling. I've tried the suggestions in this thread, and nothing is fixing it. I've used bigbox for 5 years. I recently upgraded to a 3080 ti, but I don't think that's the issue. I don't have this problem when I boot in safe mode, but I can't pinpoint the driver or service that's causing it. I've attached screenshots of all of the services I have running as well as a video of the problem in case someone can help.

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Untitled4.png

Untitled5.png

Untitled.png

Edited by Ba6yhulk

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 7:35 PM, Ba6yhulk said:

I'm having a similar issue. I'm on the verge of wiping windows and reinstalling. I've tried the suggestions in this thread, and nothing is fixing it. I've used bigbox for 5 years. I recently upgraded to a 3080 ti, but I don't think that's the issue. I don't have this problem when I boot in safe mode, but I can't pinpoint the driver or service that's causing it. I've attached screenshots of all of the services I have running as well as a video of the problem in case someone can help.

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

Untitled4.png

Untitled5.png

Untitled.png

have you had any updates? i have a 3080 and am having the same problems.

On 7/5/2022 at 4:33 PM, roaddog1088 said:

i'm just assuming it has to be a service. Like the nahimic service, but a different one that maybe even has a similar function. But jeez there's so many.

Do you recognize any third party services from the screenshots I posted?

On 7/11/2022 at 11:38 PM, roaddog1088 said:

Yeah I tried to disable several by matching our lists and no luck -_-

It might be worth trying to start up in Windows Safe Mode (to prevent any additional anything from starting up) and running a test with that. If it works in Safe Mode, then you know it's a background app of some sort that's interfering. If that still doesn't work, then most often it's the result of a faulty video driver.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

It might be worth trying to start up in Windows Safe Mode (to prevent any additional anything from starting up) and running a test with that. If it works in Safe Mode, then you know it's a background app of some sort that's interfering. If that still doesn't work, then most often it's the result of a faulty video driver.

It works correctly in safe mode. I just wish I could pinpoint what's causing it.

14 hours ago, Ba6yhulk said:

It works correctly in safe mode. I just wish I could pinpoint what's causing it.

I see. Yeah, it would be good to know what is causing it for us too. I think the only thing I can suggest is to start stopping non-Windows services in small groups, testing each time. You can also try temporarily disabling certain apps in the Task Manager's Startup tab.

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2022 at 8:36 PM, Ba6yhulk said:

On 7/15/2022 at 10:51 AM, Jason Carr said:

I see. Yeah, it would be good to know what is causing it for us too. I think the only thing I can suggest is to start stopping non-Windows services in small groups, testing each time. You can also try temporarily disabling certain apps in the Task Manager's Startup tab.

For me this is now solved! I am using a multi monitor setup. I was switching things around and realized I accidentally had my main display plugged into the mother board hdmi (on top of the back panel of the pc) instead of directly into the graphics card (at the bottom of the back of the pc) as intended. just that simple switch has all images now displaying properly for me! hope this helps others! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roaddog1088 said:

For me this is now solved! I am using a multi monitor setup. I was switching things around and realized I accidentally had my main display plugged into the mother board hdmi (on top of the back panel of the pc) instead of directly into the graphics card (at the bottom of the back of the pc) as intended. just that simple switch has all images now displaying properly for me! hope this helps others! 

Oh my goodness, yes, I've done that myself too. It's amazing how much that can wreck performance.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had the same problem too - but didn't know there was already a forum post about it! 😅

This is the solution - which solved the UI glitches on my setup:

It would be interesting to know if the solution I suggested/shared also works for other users ^^^ 

I can simply say the service "NahimicService" causing these issues in many other applications too - not only LaunchBox/BigBox.

• 3 months later...

*Last update from me on this topic*

It appears like our wonderful development team has added a note for this issue when in BigBox. If the Nahimic Service is running, it warns you of the glitching that can occur, and requests it to be disabled. I know Jason has stated 100 times since I made this post that it is not the fault of the Launchbox / BigBox application, so I am happy he added a helpful note. It has been really cool to see how many have helped out with this issue since we noticed it. Many have shared or pointed to this post and the wonderful folks on it that helped resolve the issue. You guys all rock, and on year 3... I couldn't be happier with this platform. ❤️

• Game On 2