I have fixed the problem!
After some extended troubleshooting I decided to start fresh from the drawing board. Last night I completed all of the recommended steps including ensuring that .net framework 4.8, .net core runtime 3.1, ensured GPU driver was updated, Windows 10 was updated to latest version 2004, as well as reinstalling LaunchBox/BigBox several times. None of these steps seemed to fix the issues of graphical glitches on either LaunchBox or BigBox.
These steps are somewhat lengthy but they completely resolved the graphical glitching problems in both LaunchBox and BigBox. (see attached videos)
Here is what I did today which fixed the problem:
1. I reset Windows 10: All Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Reset this PC. I kept all of my apps and reinstalled Windows 10.
2. After I reinstalled necessary apps such as antivirus, office, GeForce Experience, etc. I began the important stuff:
* Update Windows via Windows Update
* Update Graphics Card drivers via GeForce Experience
3. I then installed Visual Studio Community 2019 with the following components: >>ASP.NET and web development; >>>NET desktop development; >> Desktop development with C++; >>Data storage and processing. Here is the link: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/
4. I verified and installed .NET framework 4.8 (https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework)
5.I then turned on IIS in Windows 10 Windows Features:
How to Install IIS on Windows 10.
Right-click on the Windows button on the bottom-left corner and select Run.
In the Run dialog box, type appwiz.cpl and press ENTER .
As soon as a new window called Programs and Features is opened, click on the link Turn Windows features on or off .
Click on the Internet Information Services checkbox. By default it will install all you need to host a website. However you might want to check some other components that you might need as well. Once done, click OK and Close when it says “Windows completed the requested changes.”
Now open your browser and type in localhost and press ENTER . You should see a default web page is rendered in your browser.
Here is the link for these instructions: https://www.itnota.com/install-iis-windows/#:~:text=How%20to%20Install%20IIS%20on%20Windows%2010.%201,web%20page%20is%20rendered%20in%20your%20browser.%20
6. Afterwards, this step is important, only after IIS has been enabled in Windows Features I was able to download and install the ASP.NET Core 3.1 Runtime (v3.1.8) - Windows Hosting Bundle. Here is the link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/3.1 It is on the right side of the page... make sure to select Windows> "Hosting Bundle"
7. After the .NET Core Hosting Bundle is installed it is important to stop and restart the IIS Feature in Windows. Do this easily by bringing up a "Run" command using the Windows key + R. Then type or copy and paste this into the command box: iisreset /start Now press OK. Here is a link for those instructions: https://tecadmin.net/restart-iis-via-command-line/#:~:text=How%20to%20Restart%20IIS%20via%20Command%20Line.%201,3%203.%20ReStart%20IIS%20via%20Command%20Line%3A%20
8. Finally, its time to make sure the LaunchBox dependencies are in order... Install Direct X and check the .NET framework:
* Direct X web installer: (dxwebsetup.exe) see attached file
* .NET Framework web installer: (NDP461-KB3102438-Web.exe) see attached file (*note: if you followed the above instructions this should be already installed. Just use to verify then cancel out.)
9. Double check all the above steps and ensure all updates have been completed.
10. Restart your computer
11. Launch LaunchBox or BigBox and you should be good to go! I am running v11.5. I did not have to reinstall LB\BB as I already did that last night. Also note that I did not install any extra third party apps or bloatware to my computer when I reset Windows. Here are my computer specs:
Dell / Alienware Aurora R8
Processor: Intel i9 9900K
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti w/11GB GDDR6 VRAM
RAM: 32 GB GDDR4
Windows Pro version 2004
** I hope this will help everyone resolve these problems with the graphical glitches**
LaunchBox Big Box 2020-09-16 13-45-29.mp4
LaunchBox 2020-09-16 13-38-49.mp4