LaunchBox Community Forums

Vita3K usage...

NagakiriHidechi

4 hours ago, NagakiriHidechi said:

Is it possible to use Vita3K in conjunction with launchbox? I'm trying to launch "ux0\app\PCSB00952\eboot.bin" and I get an error. Am I attempting to launch the incorrect file? The game is already installed in the emulator and boots fine when ran from within it.

Insofar as the usefullness of Vita3K as an Emulator, because of its VERY limited compatibility, I got it working in two ways:

First, setup Vita3k and install your game inside Vita3k and make sure the game runs.

- Windowed:  Add Vita3K as an emulator, with command line parameter "-r" (whithout quotes) and tick "Don't use quotes" and "Use file name only without file extension or folder path". (*Edit* I just noticed that the LaunchBox startup/shutdown screens work better if you tick "Attempt to hide console window on startup/shutdown" aswell.) Then make a textfile with the game's Vita app serial (in your case PCSB00952.txt. Add the textfile as your romfile in LaunchBox.

- Fullscreen: When you add the textfile as your romfile in LaunchBox, go to the "Emulation" tab and tick "Use custom command line parameter" and add: "-r PCSB00952 --fullscreen" (whithout quotes). You have to do this per game, because the --fullscreen parameter comes after the rom name.

For closing Vita3K use:

$Esc::
{
WinClose, ahk_exe Vita3K.exe
}

Edited by Koroth
  • Like 1

I have to add some information I just learned. While testing (about a year ago) I had "-r --fullscreen" command line parameter in the Edit Emulator > Details tab. That didn't work. But if you switch to "--fullscreen -r", that runs every game in fullscreen without per game custom command line parameters. Stupid me!

Edit Emulator.jpg

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, mohanned85 said:

can someone help i copied but nothing

Does your game work directly in Vita3K? Can you post some screenshots of your settings?

In short:

- Add Vita3K as an emulator to LaunchBox. Use: --fullscreen -r as command-line parameters and tick "Don't use quotes" and "Use file name only without file extension or folder path". In the "Associated Platform" tab enter the name of your Vita    platform. (Mine is called Sony Playstation Vita.)

- Install your game in Vita3K. In Vita3K look for your games' Title ID.

- Create a text file with that Title ID and add that text file as a Sony Playstation Vita rom to LaunchBox.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately this emulator has too many bugs/issues/problems.

Devs updates it every day but it's far away from be good.

The only "playable" game ( can be completed ) is Neverending Nightmares, the rest is full of bugs/issues/problems.

Regarding adding it in LB/BB I found another solution because the parameter "--fullscreen -r" doesn't work always ( sometime it goes fullscreen and many times it doesn't ).

So, my solution is to add the emu like you add all emus, add just "-r" as Default Command Line Parameter, tick the options "Don't use quotes" and "Use file name only without file extension or folder path" and in the Autohotkey tab add these lines :

#NoEnv

Sleep, 1000

SetKeyDelay, -1, 110

Send {F11}

{
WinClose, ahk_exe Vita3K.exe
}

It will go in fullscreen automatically in 1 second after you launch it.

ESC button will close the emu.

Also, use something like NoMousy for hiding the mouse cursor because the option for it in StartUp doesn't work with this emu ( already tested ). 

GREETs

• 9 months later...

Just got into testing Vita emulation the first time and at least the ones said to be playable on the emulator's compatibility page work just fine. I had no idea on how to run the games from LB and I would've never figured out creating the text file, so thanks, have a mushroom! :D

On 30/4/2021 at 08:28, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

Il tuo gioco funziona direttamente in Vita3K? Puoi postare qualche screenshot delle tue impostazioni?

In breve:

- Aggiungi Vita3K come emulatore a LaunchBox. Usa: --fullscreen -r come parametri della riga di comando e seleziona "Non usare virgolette" e "Usa solo nome file senza estensione file o percorso cartella". Nella scheda "Piattaforma associata" inserisci il nome della tua piattaforma Vita. (Il mio si chiama Sony Playstation Vita.)

- Installa il tuo gioco in Vita3K. In Vita3K cerca l'ID del titolo dei tuoi giochi.

- Crea un file di testo con quell'ID titolo e aggiungi quel file di testo come rom Sony Playstation Vita a LaunchBox .

hello I have installed the emulator but I did not understand which file to link to the text file for the game to start

can you help me ?

37 minutes ago, dulanikita said:

hello I have installed the emulator but I did not understand which file to link to the text file for the game to start

can you help me ?

Install a game in Vita3K and take a note of the Title ID.

621197026_Schermopname(58).thumb.jpg.adac5399f3438069261ebdae72cc5320.jpg

For example the Title ID for the game Downwell is PCSB00952. Create a text-file with that Title ID. So in this case PCSB00952.txt. Add that text-file as a rom file to your Playstation Vita platform.

1028347528_Schermopname(63).thumb.jpg.c4f10d3828157531732d2777be5b8294.jpg

In LaunchBox > Manage > Emulators > Vita3K, make sure [Remove Quotes] and [Remove file extension and folder path] are ticked.

Add the command-line parameters: --fullscreen -r

449624901_Schermopname(62).thumb.jpg.0ee410309c0441ff536e11500468e8e7.jpg

For exiting Vita3K, in the [Running Script] tab add:

250695272_Schermopname(61).thumb.jpg.08364af9af649eb46c08717d4a3a3bcc.jpg

{
WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, dulanikita said:

I would like to ask you if you have any solutions about xbox 360 wireless controller not recognized

I myself use a Xbox One controller and I have updated Vita3K to the latest nightly. When I start a game through Vita3K's gui directly, I have to click [Start] with my mouse. After that my Xbox One controller just works ingame. However, when I launch a game through LaunchBox (command-line), the Vita3K game startscreen gets bypassed and you go ingame immediately. Again, my Xbox One controller's input is recognized just fine. I tested using a Playstation controller and DS4Windows (which creates a virtual Xbox 360 controller for my Dualsense controller) and this works fine also. (One thing to note: I only have two games for Vita3K and both of them work fine with a Xbox controller.)

*Edit*

If you use multiple controllers, Vita3K will use whatever controller Windows sees as controller #1.

Edited by Your Friendly A.I Overlord

• 1 month later...

I always have problems with scripts, I tried both but none works, pressing ESC does nothing. I have this problem with many emulator scripts, don't even know if any of them works. I seriously start to think that scripts don't just work for me, I mean could be some Windows problem? 

12 hours ago, DeadVoivod said:

I always have problems with scripts, I tried both but none works, pressing ESC does nothing. I have this problem with many emulator scripts

I've read some people having more success with exit scripts by leaving off the dollar sign in front of Esc::

So in this case:

Esc::
{
WinClose, ahk_exe {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Edited by Your Friendly A.I Overlord
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Wow great News. Now I can play more then 60 games without problems. Developers are working everyday! Great! 

Now I ask if anyone has loaded roms on LaunchBox with correct names of games for a correct scraping. 

I think that I need a xml file of your launchbox platform so Id games can change with a real name of games. 

Understand? Anyone have already this? 

• 5 months later...