LaunchBox Community Forums

Forums Upgraded

Jason Carr

Hey all, I just upgraded the forums to the latest version of the forums software. It was a major undertaking, so let me know if anyone notices any issues with the new version or the updated themes.

It is worth noting that if you were using a theme other than the default (LaunchBox Invaders), you'll most likely need to select it again via the Theme drop down at the very bottom of the page.

• Like 2

Just fixed the code issue.

1 hour ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

I think i've found an issue, when in unread posts page on a tablet I can't find the link/button to set option mark all as read. It does work on pc though.

When on smaller screens, the Mark All as Read feature is moved to the hamburger menu (just how they build the new version of the forums).

11 minutes ago, IainSA said:

I'm having a problem with the themes.

It doesn't matter which one I select, I just get the dark grey theme.

143715575_zeldatheme.thumb.jpg.b5a4dc89c73a2c511d8aa505142132e9.jpg1513608191_mariotheme.thumb.jpg.a2e7c7299fb2d330070bd8d8d512c3b9.jpg

Other than that, everything's looking good.

Yeah, I haven't seen any issues with this. Maybe try pressing Ctrl+F5 to force a refresh of everything?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Weird, its working fine here, im on the Mario theme.

That's the one I use that's how I noticed the difference.

4 minutes ago, DOS76 said:

May be browser specific what browser are you using?

I'm using chrome which is up to date, I've cleared cookies and cache but still won't change. I also tried the Opera browser and it's the same on that.

4 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Maybe try pressing Ctrl+F5 to force a refresh of everything?

Just tried that and still no go unfortunately

29 minutes ago, IainSA said:

That's the one I use that's how I noticed the difference.

I'm using chrome which is up to date, I've cleared cookies and cache but still won't change. I also tried the Opera browser and it's the same on that.

Just tried that and still no go unfortunately

The only other thing I can suggest is to clear your cookies for the site (which will make you have to log back in). Other than that, I'm out of ideas. I've tested that in Chrome without issues, so it seems like it must somehow be a system-specific issue.

On second thought, I might know what's going on. Just had a thought. What is your resolution? If it's too low (lower than 1600 pixels across), then it won't show the background for readability reasons.

Tried clearing the cookies for the site and it's still the same.

One thing I've noticed is when I select the Launchbox Dark theme I get the opaque banner at the top,opaque.thumb.jpg.f6badc4d07087001b214b2b2faf83ed0.jpg

and when I select any of the other 3, I get the transparent banner

transparent.thumb.jpg.fa3f743e3fed01ded33deae9d4cdab27.jpg

so there is some sort of change happening, it looks like it's just the background image that fails to load.

My resolution is 1920x1080

23 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

If it's too low (lower than 1600 pixels across), then it won't show the background for readability reasons.

Although my resolution seems to be high enough, after reading this I messed about with the zoom on chrome and found that I need to go to 75% or lower for the background to show, anything higher and it's just a grey background

575375684_75.thumb.jpg.982446783394339c752a8d38b39f0280.jpg

3 minutes ago, IainSA said:

Although my resolution seems to be high enough, after reading this I messed about with the zoom on chrome and found that I need to go to 75% or lower for the background to show, anything higher and it's just a grey background

575375684_75.thumb.jpg.982446783394339c752a8d38b39f0280.jpg

Interesting, i am at 100% at 1440p, but if i increase my browser (which is Brave) to 175% it goes dark for me too.