LaunchBox Community Forums

11.11 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

Hey all, the first 11.11 beta is out now with the following:

• Improvement: For theme designers, the FlowControl Endless property now overwrites the Endless property of the CoverFactory

• Fixed: For theme designers, setting VisibleCount to 1 in a FlowControl was drawing 2 items instead of 1 (introduced in 11.10)

• Fixed: For theme designers, setting VisibleCount to 1 and Endless to True in a FlowControl wouldn't allow you to scroll up or down past the first and last items (introduced in 11.10)

• Fixed: For theme designers, FlowControl item positions were calculating incorrectly when the NavigationRow property was set (introduced in 11.10)

• Fixed: Page Up/Down wasn't always functioning properly in Big Box wheel, wall, and CoverFlow views (introduced in 11.10)

• Fixed: Rare error related to Big Box videos (introduced in 11.10)

• Fixed: CoverFlow artwork was getting slightly cut off in some cases (introduced in 11.10)

• Fixed: Altering Windows Color Management settings would sometimes make right clicking games in LaunchBox throw an error

• Fixed: Drag and drop imports were using incorrect options when selecting "None of the Above"

• Fixed: Error when trying to import a DOS game without a startup folder

We're planning to put 11.11 out as a fix release here very shortly, but we want to make sure that all the issues are addressed first.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, bbweiners said:

@C-Beats Does this take care of the animation issue with FlowVideo where the rows are overlapping and spreading apart as you navigate up then down or down then up?

I would have my doubts that you would see any changes to that. To my knowledge that is happening because we animate each item individually. I have idea's on how to correct that but it requires changing quite a bit of the backend logic, and that has not occurred yet.

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@nicolasonline This beta has fixes to a lot of the issues you have report in various threads. Could you please update to this beta release and let me know if it resolves those issues and if there are any outstanding issues that aren't resolved in this release?

Amazing, thanks so much @C-Beats for remembering and notifying me ! You guys work fast, wasn't expecting to be able to test everything so soon. Will do that as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning (European time here). Will update you guys tomorrow. Wish you all a great evening!

Hey @C-Beats

Was able to go through the fixes you guys put out. This is what I found:

The below point has been confirmed fixed from my end:

17 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Fixed: For theme designers, setting VisibleCount to 1 in a FlowControl was drawing 2 items instead of 1 (introduced in 11.10)

The below point has been confirmed fixed from my end:

Fixed: For theme designers, setting VisibleCount to 1 and Endless to True in a FlowControl wouldn't allow you to scroll up or down past the first and last items (introduced in 11.10)

Unfortunately this issue below has not been fixed, I'm assuming this is "Grid jumping" when selecting items in a grid:

Fixed: For theme designers, FlowControl item positions were calculating incorrectly when the NavigationRow property was set (introduced in 11.10)

If the total games I have are 6, 7, 8, 9 or 15 total games the whole grid jumps up/down by 1 row. If I have any other amount of total games like 5, 10, 12, 14 etc then behavior is normal and as expected. 

You can see the behavior from the Video No. 1 below. In Video No. 2 I show the desired behavior of it working correctly by simply adjusting the amounting of games for the same platforms. 

I also included my WallGamesView.xaml if you want to try and replicate it from your end. 

Thanks

WallGamesView.xaml