LaunchBox Community Forums

11.11 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

3 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Just had a message of official 11.11 update, so I updated.

When it was about to install it said it couldn't and rolled back and exited.

Now nothing is working and Launchbox.exe will not start at all no matter what I do.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Should be 199MB.

image.thumb.png.83ee802950dabd9af1ddcdeb01dad283.png

I just updated here with no issues.

10 minutes ago, zugswang said:

Hi,

When I update manually, do I point it to the folder where Launchbox.exe is ? (the install path i mean)

Thanks

YEs, but you want to be one level higher, so if Launchbox was on your D;\Launchbox drive you would point the installer just to D or you will end up installing a new Launchbox folder inside of your Launchbox folder.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

There is a bog with Teknoparrot games. When I launch a game from bigbox, I see the first 5s of the game and after that appear a error window named "m_pd3dDevice->Reset", the text say "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL". 

This pb doesn't exist with Launchbox.

Tested with Grid and GTI club.

8 hours ago, Fablog said:

Hey guys,

There is a bog with Teknoparrot games. When I launch a game from bigbox, I see the first 5s of the game and after that appear a error window named "m_pd3dDevice->Reset", the text say "D3DERR_INVALIDCALL". 

No error here using BB v11.11 and the games you mentioned with TeknoParrot.

3 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Is anyone else having issues for the last few days where you can't access your EmuMovies stuff whenever you do a Metadata update?

There are a couple of threads on the forums here about emumovies being down via there API, it was fixed a couple of days ago and should be working fine now. Also password resets were sent out to everyone about a week ago, so if you havent changed your password that could be the issue.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

There are a couple of threads on the forums here about emumovies being down via there API, it was fixed a couple of days ago and should be working fine now. Also password resets were sent out to everyone about a week ago, so if you havent changed your password that could be the issue.

I rarely go over there or keep up with them, but thanks for the info on that. I just hope things are a little more straightened up with them too since their database at times seems so full of errors that feel only based on keywords, and might be sort of why some things overwrite to using stuff from the wrong region too. I'm sure most of you know I want things to be as accurate in one click as possible though

On 4/24/2021 at 9:09 AM, Fablog said:

Hey guys,

Is Big Box throwing that error or your emulator? That's a Direct X error message, nothing else could try updating your video driver and see if that resolves.

24 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Is Big Box throwing that error or your emulator? That's a Direct X error message, nothing else could try updating your video driver and see if that resolves.

Just now, Fablog said:

It's Teknoparrot but I don't have this problem when I launch the game from Launchbox or Teknoparrot itself. I will try to update the video driver.

Teknoparrot is quite different to other emulators though and patched dll's are used often to trick games into thinking they are running on the correct hardware they were coded for. So i wouldnt be surprised if something changed and maybe teknoparrot needs exclusive access to the GPU, and isnt getting that when a fullscreen app like Bigbox is running? Whereas its fine from Launchbox as a windowed app.

Just a uneducated theory.

Recently when trying to use the artwork downloader it wont download anything from emumovies unless I only use the downloader for just a few games at a time. Not sure how long it's been acting that way but seems to have started recently. Not sure if its everyone or just me. 

Also I saw that emumovies had been down but I dont think this is related to that because its happening today and that problem with their server has been fixed. Plus it only happens when doing larger groups of games at 1 time, and sometimes on smaller groups

Edited by darreldearth

5 minutes ago, darreldearth said:

Recently when trying to use the artwork downloader it wont download anything from emumovies unless I only use the downloader for just a few games at a time. Not sure how long it's been acting that way but seems to have started recently. Not sure if its everyone or just me. 

Had the same problem, but @neil9000 already let know in previous posts that they were down the other day and is making everyone change passwords. I tried to Login on their site, but seems I'm still having problems getting back in to EmuMovies now.

29 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Had the same problem, but @neil9000 already let know in previous posts that they were down the other day and is making everyone change passwords. I tried to Login on their site, but seems I'm still having problems getting back in to EmuMovies now.

Gonna be a while, but im seeing no issues here, Im currently replacing all N64 data just to show its working with zero issues.

image.thumb.png.bd1a0afde8e8ad9bfbe70b3ee1281a7d.png

image.thumb.png.c60467490189e0f80a399eb109152a3f.png

I went back in to ask for a Password reset on my own instead of the one they issued to everyone. Seems I'm finally able to go back in to the site now, so hopefully that ends any other issues within LaunchBox about accessing their database even though at most I feel our database is growing to be way more accurate than EmuMovies. They tend to on a few occasions have things we don't, but when it comes to Backgrounds, you're really asking for a mess because it seems based on keywords such as some things that had "Advance" in the name made games have Sonic Advance as a Background even when it's not even a Sonic game, or if "Man" was in a game's name, you'd likely get Spider-Man as a Background, even if it wasn't a Spider-Man game.

So now I just uncheck Backgrounds when it comes to EmuMovies. I'm working hard in making sure our Database has better Backgrounds in accurate form to the title they belong to than just of a franchise like I seen some do.

12 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

I went back in to ask for a Password reset on my own instead of the one they issued to everyone. Seems I'm finally able to go back in to the site now, so hopefully that ends any other issues within LaunchBox about accessing their database even though at most I feel our database is growing to be way more accurate than EmuMovies. They tend to on a few occasions have things we don't, but when it comes to Backgrounds, you're really asking for a mess because it seems based on keywords such as some things that had "Advance" in the name made games have Sonic Advance as a Background even when it's not even a Sonic game, or if "Man" was in a game's name, you'd likely get Spider-Man as a Background, even if it wasn't a Spider-Man game.

So now I just uncheck Backgrounds when it comes to EmuMovies. I'm working hard in making sure our Database has better Backgrounds in accurate form to the title they belong to than just of a franchise like I seen some do.

Yeah there are no issues, as mentioned previously.

image.thumb.png.146c400daec50b45ac64a96576e33658.png