LaunchBox Community Forums

11.12 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

5 minutes ago, Stiles said:

Yes I specifically used the option to fully populate the clear logo cache. Some show up, but others do not.

Could I get you to clear the clear logos from that folder and tell me if it makes the situation better or worse for you?

6 minutes ago, wallmachine said:

image.thumb.png.4eb0ac0639a3877267f834b44f98e4c0.png

Not what I asked. Check the attributes on the \\LaunchBox\ folder, the \\LaunchBox\Core\ folder and the properties on the specific file your installer is failing on and is mentioned in your error message. Also make sure before running the installer that LaunchBox has been completely closed.

1 minute ago, C-Beats said:

Not what I asked. Check the attributes on the \\LaunchBox\ folder, the \\LaunchBox\Core\ folder and the properties on the specific file your installer is failing on and is mentioned in your error message. Also make sure before running the installer that LaunchBox has been completely closed.

None of those folders and files are set to read only. LaunchBox/BigBox are set to run as admin because BigBox will crash if this is not set, as per the debug file.

The installation is an automatic process.

1. Open LaunchBox
  2. Download new version
  3. LaunchBox closes in this step and begins the install automatically (If LaunchBox is not closing properly when installing the software then the wait time should be increased before the next process begins or it should terminate the software properly)

Yeah. I'm asking if you could manually close LaunchBox and then manually run the installer in your \\LaunchBox\Updates\ folder.

Also you most definitely should not ever be running LaunchBox or Big Box as admin, nothing in either application requires it and it causes many issues when set.

32 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Yeah. I'm asking if you could manually close LaunchBox and then manually run the installer in your \\LaunchBox\Updates\ folder.

Also you most definitely should not ever be running LaunchBox or Big Box as admin, nothing in either application requires it and it causes many issues when set.

If I run the update manually it says I don't have the framework.

Unfortunately BigBox crashes if its not set to admin.

Don't believe the installer itself requires .NET Core (though I could be wrong). Could you copy the error message you see when you try to run it?

Big Box doesn't require admin ever and so if you are crashing when it is set to admin it would be worth seeing that error message as well.

3 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Could I get you to clear the clear logos from that folder and tell me if it makes the situation better or worse for you?

I deleted all of the files in that folder and the issue is the same. It populates the first 20 or 21 logos but when I scroll through my list the rest of the logos do not appear.

Just now, Stiles said:

I deleted all of the files in that folder and the issue is the same. It populates the first 20 or 21 logos but when I scroll through my list the rest of the logos do not appear.

If you sit still do they populate? Can you scroll up and see some logos, but not all? If so do they ones that weren't there reappear after a few seconds or no? Trying to see if the cache is stopping entirely or just taking longer than it should. Also could you look in \\LaunchBox\Logs\ and grab a log when you are seeing that behavior and PM it to me so I can take a look, see if there anything in there that could give us a clue as to what is going on.

5 hours ago, C-Beats said:

If you sit still do they populate? Can you scroll up and see some logos, but not all? If so do they ones that weren't there reappear after a few seconds or no? Trying to see if the cache is stopping entirely or just taking longer than it should. Also could you look in \\LaunchBox\Logs\ and grab a log when you are seeing that behavior and PM it to me so I can take a look, see if there anything in there that could give us a clue as to what is going on.

They eventually did populate, after I deleted all of the clear logos out of that cache folder. I sent the logs to you anyway, as there is something else going on in them. Let me know what you find. Thanks!

Edited by Stiles

Curious if the old cache files were corrupted in some way, or Big Box was having issues reading them for some reason. When you open Big Box after the images have re-cached, do you ever have the problem again or does it go away permanently?

Looks like the issue went away permanently. The clear logos now take seconds to populate after the initial 20 or so immediately display. I've opened Big Box multiple times now to test. Probably some cache corruption that was rectified by removing the old files.

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Don't believe the installer itself requires .NET Core (though I could be wrong). Could you copy the error message you see when you try to run it?

See the second image 

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Big Box doesn't require admin ever and so if you are crashing when it is set to admin it would be worth seeing that error message as well.

See the Debug file 

7 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@RULLUR @Stiles Are those Clear Logo's already cached (they'd be in your \\Launchbox\Images\Cache-BB\ folder)?

Stuff is in there just fine, but I don't know if doing heavy Metadata Updates might be the problem too, so sometimes I do clean the whole Cache-BB out. I just don't remember there ever being any subfolders within Cache-BB though. Today the Cache-BB folder hasn't been cleaned out in months, and when I opened it is when it gave me a "Working on it" and became unresponsive for a bit as it slowly loads up everything, but everything is there though

5 hours ago, Stiles said:

Same with me, and sometimes you'll even get gaps too, and even when you scroll up it does kinda the same thing, and hard to say if these games that already had their Clear Logo already in the BB-Cache folder or not since I have tons to go through. I also have to wait forever in hopes they all load up correctly, but after waiting forever is when it seems no problem until you come back later to that same Platform and have to wait again on those Clear Logos they haven't been seen to load up. I also found that leaving the Game List and coming back when they haven't loaded up does make them show up quicker, but it's like once you scroll down some to ones not already seen is when you come across blanks again and have to back out and in again, or just wait forever for the Clear Logos to appear

I also forgot to mention that sometimes when you change the Transitions you are sometimes stuck for a while on "Please Wait", and then you get where Backgrounds for games down the Game List go from showing the Background to then the next game on the list having the Background coming up as black and then the next game on the list showing the Background in a pattern.

I've also experienced moments where you can't see a video clip in the screenshot part of BigBox, but you can totally hear it though. It rarely happens, but I guess when you change it to certain Transitions is when that happens too.

Edited by RULLUR

21 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Same with me, and sometimes you'll even get gaps too, and even when you scroll up it does kinda the same thing, and hard to say if these games that already had their Clear Logo already in the BB-Cache folder or not since I have tons to go through. I also have to wait forever in hopes they all load up correctly, but after waiting forever is when it seems no problem until you come back later to that same Platform and have to wait again on those Clear Logos they haven't been seen to load up. I also found that leaving the Game List and coming back when they haven't loaded up does make them show up quicker, but it's like once you scroll down some to ones not already seen is when you come across blanks again and have to back out and in again, or just wait forever for the Clear Logos to appear

I also forgot to mention that sometimes when you change the Transitions you are sometimes stuck for a while on "Please Wait", and then you get where Backgrounds for games down the Game List go from showing the Background to then the next game on the list having the Background coming up as black and then the next game on the list showing the Background in a pattern.

I've also experienced moments where you can't see a video clip in the screenshot part of BigBox, but you can totally hear it though. It rarely happens, but I guess when you change it to certain Transitions is when that happens too.

Delete the files in that cache folder and it should be fixed. Just give it a few minutes for everything to repopulate, especially if you have a rather large library.

9 hours ago, Stiles said:

Delete the files in that cache folder and it should be fixed. Just give it a few minutes for everything to repopulate, especially if you have a rather large library.

I tried that a few times, and I kinda ended up with the same issues. I even when I go in to BigBox and force things to refresh. Thing is I haven't done this since like the 3 previous Betas, so I may try this method on this Beta and see what happens since we both are dealing with the same issue

14 hours ago, wallmachine said:

See the second image

See the Debug file 

You image is of LaunchBox executable failing to open because of .NET Core requirements, not the installer. Installer should install the .NET Core 3.1 runtime for you but if it does not you can download and install it manually from here (you want the desktop runtime in the middle of the right column). Your log indicates no fatal error so if you are seeing one could you post a screen of that error.