LaunchBox Community Forums

11.12 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

On 5/22/2021 at 1:17 AM, Jason Carr said:

New Feature: All import processes will now import the games first before downloading any media, allowing you to edit and play them right away

is it possible to just get an notification after the downloading the meta data / importing the games and go directly into downloading media? in the past it was one go through and after everything was finished / downloaded I have to press a button and accept it but now the system is waiting for my accept before it starts loading media files. something like a Notification Center which I do not have to accept but just see that Media Data was imported for x games or media files etc. so I will come back to my computer and everything is updated and the screen is refreshed.

• Like 2

Just now, TheNewClassics said:

With the download metadata and media tool, I'm getting a lot of 404 errors. It doesn't specifically say what I need to log in to. Could you guys clarify? 

Screenshot (4).png

Steam, according to the first line in the error.

Hi,

Lately, I've been getting constant (every 10 minutes of active usage) crashes  (Launchbox shuts down back to desktop and I have to relaunch) while trying to edit metadata. Is it just me? How can I troubleshoot?

3 minutes ago, Mr.Laor said:

Hi,

Lately, I've been getting constant (every 10 minutes of active usage) crashes  (Launchbox shuts down back to desktop and I have to relaunch) while trying to edit metadata. Is it just me? How can I troubleshoot?

Are you getting an error or does it just close/crash? Turn on debugging logging, you should get debug log of what is going on and we can go from there. You're the first person to report anything like that with this beta release though (at least to my knowledge).

1 minute ago, Mr.Laor said:

No error. Just stops being responsive for a quick moment then closes. I have debugging loggin on. Where do I find the log? Post them here?

Feel free to PM it to me. They are in your \\Launchbox\Logs\ folder

4 minutes ago, TheNewClassics said:

@C-Beats I dont' have the URLs because unfortunately all the messages says are 404 Error: Please sign in. I'll run it again with debug logs to see if I can get it to replicate.

No need. I have found what source is throwing the error and am testing code changes I hope will eliminate them. Thanks for the report.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this was reported or not.  But, on the latest beta when you do a rom import and select folder, as you go through the wizard, you get presented with the arcade/mame portion of the wizard even for non-arcade platforms.  It shows for about 5 seconds, then automatically closed and proceeds to the last step of the wizard/import process.  In my case I was doing an import of Nintendo Entertainment System roms and I got the Arcade portion everytime I went through.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CDBlue said:

Not sure if this was reported or not.  But, on the latest beta when you do a rom import and select folder, as you go through the wizard, you get presented with the arcade/mame portion of the wizard even for non-arcade platforms.  It shows for about 5 seconds, then automatically closed and proceeds to the last step of the wizard/import process.  In my case I was doing an import of Nintendo Entertainment System roms and I got the Arcade portion everytime I went through.

Also happens when using the select files option.

Beta 5 is out now with the following:

• Improvement: Now scrape controller support information for GOG games during import and in the Download Metadata tool
  • Fixed: EmuMovies downloads were failing if in the download queue for too long
  • Fixed: Mouse navigation wasn't working in Big Box
  • Fixed: The download queue wasn't starting until after pressing "ok" when using the Download Metadata and Media tool
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Launchbox was softlocked just now in Beta 5 as I had let a game import and then media had finished downloading before I had closed the initial 'games were imported successfully' dialog box. I was able to close the media downloaded box but now I cannot close the games were imported successfully dialog.

When selecting the option to "Force Using Mame Metadata" when importing something like Sammy Atomiswave you get stuck in the "Ready to Import" screen and cannot use the Back button. If you click the Back button it will quickly flash a Mame screen and just stay in the Ready to Import screen. You have to cancel out if you need to go back and make a change. I was testing these option due to an issue someone was having in another thread when I noticed this.

Also, same as was mentioned by the two prior users, when progressing through the process you get a quick flash of the Mame wizard screen with the check boxes to exclude all the junk and make the playlists. It is real quick that it flashes.

• Like 1

Latest beta running Windows 10, no other programs running. While downloading images for a platform with many files, and attempting to move the Launchbox window to another part of the screen, the entire window freezes and becomes non-responsive, and stops updating. Unable to click and drag the window at all when this happens, must kill process to resume. Task manager indicates two CefSharp.BrowserSubProcess tasks running along with two Launchbox processes.