LaunchBox Community Forums

11.12 Beta Testing

Jason Carr

This is all Atari 2600. Most of them are still confused on what is actually Qbert, and what is actually a Prototype for Qb. I've for a while been trying to manually get them sorted out though, but they take up most of my Atari 2600 stuff along with Prototypes of StarFire and others

32 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

This is all Atari 2600. Most of them are still confused on what is actually Qbert, and what is actually a Prototype for Qb. I've for a while been trying to manually get them sorted out though, but they take up most of my Atari 2600 stuff along with Prototypes of StarFire and others

So no, they aren't for the same file/game entry?

3 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

So no, they aren't for the same file/game entry?

No. they are of various versions of Qbert and Qb, but LaunchBox thought some of those prototypes of Qb was Qbert though.

2 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

No. they are of various versions of Qbert and Qb, but LaunchBox thought some of those prototypes of Qb was Qbert though.

Alright, just wanted the extra information to help narrow down where in the process your image loading is failing.

3 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Man that would bug me no end having that many of the same logos, thank Jeebus for the combine feature.

I do that for things of the same Region. When it comes to Prototypes, I tend to leave them be, but I may reconsider and combine with the latest version of the main instead.

I got a ton of stuff, and try do what I can to organize it better from within my own LaunchBox and BigBox and also the Game DB to avoid any errors about game's details and everything else so things can be so much easier for everyone else when they import. I've actually been more worried about everyone else's stuff turning out accurate than my own. but I know in time we'll have things getting easier and easier to organize within a personal collection too. I want everything to show up correctly on the various devices I have LaunchBox and BigBox on without having to take forever on each and each device I have

4 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Alright, just wanted the extra information to help narrow down where in the process your image loading is failing.

It seems to be more on Platforms where I have a ton of games on like NES, Atari 2600, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and so on. If I have something with around 50 games like Atari Lynx, it seems to not so much give me that problem.

So I'm kinda doing a method similar to what @Stiles was telling, but I'm keeping the Cache-BB folder open after I cleaned it, and then running BigBox. While in BigBox I go to a Platform and wait on the Game Wheel, but I Alt+Tab over to the Cache-BB folder and watch it load up everything in alphabetical order until it's done, and then head of to the next Platform listed, a just keep doing this for every Platform until hopefully I can just scroll without any gaps or blanks ever again with Clear Logos.

UPDATE:

Apparently that doesn't always seem to work either. Sometimes it won't load in Cache-BB instantly to whatever Platform you're waiting on, which may lead you to believe there probably isn't anything new to have load up in Cache-BB as if it was done, and then you may Alt+Tab back to BigBox and still see blanks in the Clear Logos.

Edited by RULLUR

On 5/4/2021 at 11:07 PM, C-Beats said:

You image is of LaunchBox executable failing to open because of .NET Core requirements, not the installer. Installer should install the .NET Core 3.1 runtime for you but if it does not you can download and install it manually from here (you want the desktop runtime in the middle of the right column). Your log indicates no fatal error so if you are seeing one could you post a screen of that error.

I have it installed see the second image. The .NET Core Desktop Runtime also includes the .NET Core Runtime (starting with .NET Core 3.0.0-preview2). Ended up installing older version from the \LaunchBox\Updates\ folder.

The only thing the logs capture was whats in that file, see below for event viewer info details.

Note I have 32GB RAM and I only had "BigBox" opened other than normal Windows applications that open at start-up.

"RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 simply means the OS has detected a resource intensive process running which isn't managing its memory very well (it isn't a memory leak, it is "pre-leak", meaning the OS' RADAR function thinks this could become a memory leak. The code you get with it, usually 0xc0000005, is simply a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION, meaning the process tried to access memory it doesn't have (assuming it's a standard Windows HRESULT)."

Fault bucket 1653035986176506344, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: BigBox.exe
P2: 11.10.0.0
P3: 10.0.19042.2.0.0
P4: 
P5: 
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

Fault bucket 2048165516893803640, type 5
Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: LaunchBox.exe
P2: 11.11.0.0
P3: 10.0.19042.2.0.0
P4: 
P5: 
P6: 
P7: 
P8: 
P9: 
P10: 

image.thumb.png.3ad837e40d403ab1773cc76f69266f9a.png

image.thumb.png.ef91de2d3319319b030a57c4db1af57b.png

image.thumb.png.69a3a08189eb882e280247bd3488f8ae.png

image.thumb.png.d235c05c1cde7010f7cb733af038ef9a.png

Edited by wallmachine

48 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Two of the things throwing errors are DirectX libraries. I would make sure you have your video and audio drivers up to date as well as DirectX

Checked Windows Updates/Device Manager and driver sites for updates.

image.thumb.png.9e704ff1a87c4fcfa49c1ccad1ce00db.png

image.png.f57ab115c73874ab0fee1850e9fe23d4.png

Edited by wallmachine

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Have you hidden your PC name there? And you only  have 1 sound device?

image.thumb.png.93172340a1ef0914d63eb160482ee135.png

When you disable non-required sound devices in Sound properties such as Digital Audio (S/PDIF), monitor sound etc they don't appear in DXDIAG

• Like 1

Not sure who else is experiencing this, but seems on both my i3 Laptop and i7 ThinkCentre I'm having moments where you Edit a game, but everything fades to almost never coming back unless you maybe type something into your search bar to sort of refresh things up and goes back to normal

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, beta 2 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: A complete management system has been built for specifying types of supported controllers for games, including a built-in database with known games, full flexibility for customization, and built-in badge images for various controller types. See Tools > Manage Game Controllers and the Controller Support section of the game add/edit screen for details.

• New Feature: All import processes will now import the games first before downloading any media, allowing you to edit and play them right away

• New Feature: Media downloads are now saved and resumed when exiting and restarting LaunchBox

• New Feature: Downloads for different platforms can now be queued up so that multiple platforms can be imported quickly without waiting for all of their media downloads

• Improvement: Major performance improvements for the actual import processes (not the download parts)

• Improvement: The Add/Edit Playlist screen has been overhauled

• Fixed: Rare dispose error with VLC video playback

• Fixed: Image file names that differ only in case (capitalized vs. uncapitalized) were sometimes not be recognized as different images

• Fixed: Potential import issues with multiple versions when using drag and drop (introduced in 11.9)

• Fixed: Rare potential error when populating game images in LaunchBox

• Fixed: Changes to a game's name or platform wasn't always migrating images to the proper folders (introduced in 11.10)

• Fixed: Rare potential null reference error when getting game metadata from the local database

• Fixed: Error when drag/drop import is asked to import a file that no longer exists

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Game On 1

When downloading metadata/media on latest beta Launchbox is using nearly 100% CPU and crippling my pc for nearly 20 minutes as it clears the image cache.

ps, It has done this on 3 separate occasions now.

Only noticed this issue on the latest version LaunchBox-11.12-beta-2

162167800932121911.png