LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox and project bezels?

Zeaede

Would it imposible to import bezels as some kind of "plugin" into Launchbox?

Just getting into this, and would like to have as many systems as possible with bezels

Don't need every bezel for every game, to med bezel for each console computer would do

Edited by Zeaede
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zeaede said:

Would it imposible to import bezels as some kind of "plugin" into Launchbox?

Just getting into this, and would like to have as many systems as possible with bezels

Don't need every bezel for every game, to med bezel for each console computer would do

I second this. Retroarch offers bezel support, but some systems (like dolphin) run better with standalone emulators, so I usually have to play GameCube games without bezels.

Both Retroarch and Rocketlauncher offers bezel, but it would be nice if it could be a plug in for Launch box itself?

Some systems i can't get working with RA but i get it to work with COINOPS but would like to get it to work with Launchbox

6 hours ago, Zeaede said:

Both Retroarch and Rocketlauncher offers bezel, but it would be nice if it could be a plug in for Launch box itself?

Some systems i can't get working with RA but i get it to work with COINOPS but would like to get it to work with Launchbox

Just use Reshade and you can add bezels to other systems fairly easily.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeaede said:

Thanks i have a look

But it would be possible with plugin in launchbox?

It's really about png picture, resolution and where to place emulator on screen?

It's a lot more difficult than that, which is why Jason has said on multiple occasions that bezels will not be integrated into Launchbox/Bigbox at a official level. If a user wants to try and do it with a plugin they can try, but im not certain its possible, and certainly without interfering with the startup/shutdown, and pause screens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

It's a lot more difficult than that, which is why Jason has said on multiple occasions that bezels will not be integrated into Launchbox/Bigbox at a official level. If a user wants to try and do it with a plugin they can try, but im not certain its possible, and certainly without interfering with the startup/shutdown, and pause screens.

I know that much you can do bezels with RetroArch, Rocketlauncher and MAME

Some are easaier than others, so that's why it would have been nice with some kind of plugin make this easier

On 6/24/2021 at 8:26 AM, Zeaede said:

I know that much you can do bezels with RetroArch, Rocketlauncher and MAME

Some are easaier than others, so that's why it would have been nice with some kind of plugin make this easier

I am a member of The Bezel Project, and have bezels working for all Retroarch cores. If you are having issues getting bezels to show in Retroarch, you must have something not configured correctly. There are two areas you might want to look at in your Retroarch installation.

1. Your rom names must match the bezel cfg file names.

2. The directory in the config directory containing the cfg files for the bezels must match the core name exactly.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/25/2021 at 3:19 PM, dragon57 said:

I am a member of The Bezel Project, and have bezels working for all Retroarch cores. If you are having issues getting bezels to show in Retroarch, you must have something not configured correctly. There are two areas you might want to look at in your Retroarch installation.

1. Your rom names must match the bezel cfg file names.

2. The directory in the config directory containing the cfg files for the bezels must match the core name exactly.

Hi dragon57,

Not sure if this is the right place for this question, but how do you handle merged roms in Retroarch?  I'm using a merged MAME romset with a separate un-merged FinalBurn Neo romset.  They share filenames (as FinalBurn Neo follows the MAME naming convention).  Retroarch is having difficulty handling the clones within the merged set.  I figure there had got to be a proper setting within the .cfg files to get them to work for all the clones, but I can't find anything.  (It would also be great if The Bezel Project Windows app could point to the "primary" clone's bezel instead of the generic arcade bezel for all clones in the set, where there is no variant bezel, but now I'm really off topic.)   

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/23/2021 at 11:19 PM, Headrush69 said:

Just use Reshade and you can add bezels to other systems fairly easily.

Hey man, talking specifically about Model 2 now.  I got this working in Launchbox, but as you can imagine unshaded it doesn't look too hot.  I have downloaded Reshade, directed the tool to the model 2 exe, selected a direct x version (direct x 9 did not work so went with direct x 10 and later) and then the tool starts to download a bunch of stuff and I can indeed see these appearing in my root directory where the model 2 exe is located.  In fact, reshade ends with a 'job finished succesfully' message. But when I start a game, either through Launchbox or directly via the emulator, nothing has changed.  I also read somewhere that you actually have to bring up the reshade menu in-game, possibly by holding down Shift + F2 but that doesn't work as hitting F2 bring up the game's service menu.  As a result, I manually changed my reshade.ini file by inputting another key code.  Via google keycode I was able to ascertain what ID a key was associated with but pressing this key when model 2 emulator is up and running does nothing.  So I'm not sure how or if reshade works with model 2.  Though I've read that it does.  I got the latest version 5.0.0  

10 hours ago, Morris Schaffer said:

Hey man, talking specifically about Model 2 now.  I got this working in Launchbox, but as you can imagine unshaded it doesn't look too hot.  I have downloaded Reshade, directed the tool to the model 2 exe, selected a direct x version (direct x 9 did not work so went with direct x 10 and later) and then the tool starts to download a bunch of stuff and I can indeed see these appearing in my root directory where the model 2 exe is located.  In fact, reshade ends with a 'job finished succesfully' message. But when I start a game, either through Launchbox or directly via the emulator, nothing has changed.  I also read somewhere that you actually have to bring up the reshade menu in-game, possibly by holding down Shift + F2 but that doesn't work as hitting F2 bring up the game's service menu.  As a result, I manually changed my reshade.ini file by inputting another key code.  Via google keycode I was able to ascertain what ID a key was associated with but pressing this key when model 2 emulator is up and running does nothing.  So I'm not sure how or if reshade works with model 2.  Though I've read that it does.  I got the latest version 5.0.0  

I use the version of reshade here which is preconfigured for the m2emulator.

Looks like they have updated to ArcadeCabView, but I haven't for this emulator. Only only use it for the bezels, no shaders.

On 2/3/2022 at 12:35 AM, Headrush69 said:

I use the version of reshade here which is preconfigured for the m2emulator.

Looks like they have updated to ArcadeCabView, but I haven't for this emulator. Only only use it for the bezels, no shaders.

A little late to the party here, but thanks for the feedback.  Will see if it can be useful for me.