LaunchBox Community Forums

11.13 Beta Testing

faeran

11.13 Beta 1 is now out with the following changes:

• Improvement: Added more ROM priority logic to help better prioritize demo ROMs and region-specific ROMs with de-prioritized attributes
  • Improvement: You can now perform more actions while your image download queue is being processed
  • Improvement: Setting a game's Broken, Completed, Favorite, or Hidden flag in Big Box's Game Details view now immediately updates auto-populated playlists
  • Improvement: A restart of Big Box is no longer required to see games in a playlist after adding them to the playlist inside of Big Box
  • Improvement: Added more comparison types to string fields to be used with auto-populate playlists
  • Fixed: Changing image types in the Edit Game screen could potentially delete the image (introduced in 11.12)
  • Fixed: Scan for Added Roms wasn't always canceling when told to
  • Fixed: Dragging a folder to LaunchBox wasn't working in some cases (introduced in 11.12)
  • Fixed: Left and right triggers swapped in Add/Edit
  • Fixed: FlowVideo wasn't always respecting video type priorities when a VideoType wasn't set on the control
  • Fixed: MAME light gun support not scraping correctly for controller management
  • Fixed: Media wasn't migrating to the new title when Download Metadata and Media changed a game's title
  • Like 13

15 hours ago, faeran said:

• Improvement: Added more ROM priority logic to help better prioritize demo ROMs and region-specific ROMs with de-prioritized attributes

Do I have to add everything to take advantage of this? Or is there a quick way to do it?
Thanks!

When importing the PSX game 'Hello Charlie!!' a.k.a 'Eggs of Steel', the initial process goes perfectly well. However, when editing the game metadata after the fact & pressing OK the game mysteriously disappears. It is as though it has been deleted - but the import process is unable to locate it for re-import! Only looking up the entry in the 'Sony Playstation.xml' file, removing the data & restarting LB allows me to re-import. The cycle repeats.

Edit Welp. Same-ish just happened to an arcade game. Imported it through the 'Rom files' importer, but as soon as the import process was over with and the media files had been downloaded - POOF.

Edited by DukeSkinny

26 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@DukeSkinny Sounds like you have one of the "Hide games missing..." settings checked that is hiding the game.

Well this is embarrassing. I must've accidentally input the wrong command when toggling auto-play on videos. The games are very much there. Disregard the entire post, then.

Oh, and thanks!

Edit It should be noted however that the 'Hide games missing...' setting concerned missing videos while the imported arcade game did in fact have a video associated with it. Yet it appeared once the setting was turned off.

Edited by DukeSkinny

14 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Beta is publicly available for everyone to opt in and try out. Can always just grab it and look for yourself ;)

I usually wait a couple of versions, but i'll take that wink as a yes.

b71babe34a5b2e925db10c5b067d7dbd.gif

Briefing from what we've tested on this thread.

- "Doesn't contain" operator doesn't autopopulate the parameters field when selected and throws an exception when settings are saved.

- "Has at least one of the values" doesn't work either, always filters out everything, leaving an empty playlist, even with only one parameter.

1 hour ago, mgtroyas said:

Briefing from what we've tested on this thread.

- "Doesn't contain" operator doesn't autopopulate the parameters field when selected and throws an exception when settings are saved.

- "Has at least one of the values" doesn't work either, always filters out everything, leaving an empty playlist, even with only one parameter.

Thanks for this. Both have been confirmed and corrected for next release.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DukeSkinny said:

I know this isn't the BitBucket repo, but since playlist auto-populate filters are getting looked at, would it be possible to include "Is not empty" as a criteria?

Do you have a use case for this field? Curious what you are trying to do that would require the field

Are we aware that there is also an issue with Playlists where when update the Metadata to some on things like Atari Arcade Classics the Playlist that the game disappears from the Playlist, but still can be seen in Arcade. It doesn't happen all the time, but every now and then. Like once I updated Batman's Metadata from the Edit window, it left the Atari Arcade Classics Playlist. Things like Asteroids Deluxe remained on the Atari Arcade Classics Playlist after updating the Metadata from the Edit window though

Edited by RULLUR

13 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Do you have a use case for this field? Curious what you are trying to do that would require the field

Aye. I've wanted for the longest time to create a playlist of RPGs belonging to a series, which would require the Series field to be anything but empty.

10 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Are we aware that there is also an issue with Playlists where when update the Metadata to some on things like Atari Arcade Classics the Playlist that the game disappears from the Playlist, but still can be seen in Arcade. It doesn't happen all the time, but every now and then. Like once I updated Batman's Metadata from the Edit window, it left the Atari Arcade Classics Playlist. Things like Asteroids Deluxe remained on the Atari Arcade Classics Playlist after updating the Metadata from the Edit window though

Most of those playlists are Auto-Populated so it is entirely possible that if you change the games metadata it will change what playlist it appears on. For example if you change the publisher of the game to NOT be "Atari" (without quotes) the game would no longer appear in Atari Classics

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Most of those playlists are Auto-Populated so it is entirely possible that if you change the games metadata it will change what playlist it appears on. For example if you change the publisher of the game to NOT be "Atari" (without quotes) the game would no longer appear in Atari Classics

Seems a few things are shuffled around to another Playlist now. Seems Atari's Batman is now part of the Midway Classics Playlist now? I guess it's not much of glitch after all, but more of something that Auto-Populated as you said and then got sorted differently than from the previous times I updated the Metadata to some games. I just wonder if some of my Cave stuff went elsewhere or just are no longer on any of those Playlists, but can still be seen in Arcade by default. I haven't really messed with any Playlist settings other than making SEGA Model 2, SEGA S-TV. and Cave into being seen as a Platform. I try and stay away from stuff I'm not clear on so that I don't end up screwing things up to a mess I'll have a hard time getting out of.

2 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Seems a few things are shuffled around to another Playlist now. Seems Atari's Batman is now part of the Midway Classics Playlist now? I guess it's not much of glitch after all, but more of something that Auto-Populated as you said and then got sorted differently than from the previous times I updated the Metadata to some games. I just wonder if some of my Cave stuff went elsewhere or just are no longer on any of those Playlists, but can still be seen in Arcade by default. I haven't really messed with any Playlist settings other than making SEGA Model 2, SEGA S-TV. and Cave into being seen as a Platform. I try and stay away from stuff I'm not clear on so that I don't end up screwing things up to a mess I'll have a hard time getting out of.

On my install I'm seeing Batman from Atari on the Atari Playlist and not in the Midway one. Anyway the arcade auto-created playlists are quite simple: they match to the "Arcade" platform, and look for the word (i.e. "Atari" or "Midway") inside the "Editor" field, so if the metadata is right they should auto-populate without problems. If after restarting Launchbox they are still wrong, I'd create a new one for testing, just with that logic.

For the Cave games, if you moved the games to another Platform, you must edit the playlist to look for that platform name instead of "Arcade".

On 6/24/2021 at 8:19 AM, faeran said:

Region metadata is still ignored on files with multiple regions in the filename.