LaunchBox Community Forums

11.13 Beta Testing

faeran

Still having issues with Clear Logos loading all wrong, but unsure if this is to be something that happens once and never again just to catch up with itself or not. I'm also experiencing with this new Beta that whenever I back out I hear the sound for when I select something instead. I'm not sure whoelse is noticing the "Back" sound is now the "Select" sound to where they both now make the same sound effect

Beta 6 is out now with a few more fixes:

• Fixed - System tray icon wasn't responding after being sent to tray multiple times (introduced in beta 5)
  • Fixed - Filter view background would fail to use images if no video was found (introduced in beta 3)
  • Fixed - Correcting rare error when playing FlowVideo with WMP playback
  • Fixed - Sound playback wasn't always playing the correct sound (introduced in beta 5)

Any help tracking down any further bugs with this beta is much appreciated.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@malarrya - Your reported background image should be resolved in this build. Please confirm.

Thanks,  @C-Beats Confirmed working! Background artwork now shows in the Default Theme playlist menus when no video is available and menu is set to PLATFORM WHEEL 1, 2, 3, or 4. Thanks to @Retro808, @C-Beats, and all others who helped solve this issue! The BigBox theme for the Dungeons & Dragons Platform looks fantastic now :)  

image.thumb.png.b4286a7aecbcc1f48d7eefe826afa680.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, C-Beats said:

@RULLUR - Your reported sound issue should be corrected in this build. Please confirm.

Totally fixed the "Back" sound from sounding like the "Select" sound. Any luck on figuring out my glitch with the Clear Logos not loading up all the way on the Games list?

Beta 7 is out now with the following fixes:

• Fixed - Corrected loading issues in TextGamesView (introduced in beta 5)
  • Fixed - System tray icon wasn't clearing from System Tray when switching to Big Box (introduced in beta 4)
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Totally fixed the "Back" sound from sounding like the "Select" sound. Any luck on figuring out my glitch with the Clear Logos not loading up all the way on the Games list?

We still have never been able to reproduce this, so we're not exactly sure what to do there.

1 hour ago, Jason Carr said:

We still have never been able to reproduce this, so we're not exactly sure what to do there.

I'm glad to know you all are probably still trying to figure it out, and I'm gonna try stay patient as I can in hopes you guys do come up with a solution for it in time. I don't know if it's because of how much I have in my library or what, and I have tried everything from cleaning out Cache-BB and doing Alt+Tab to watch the folder populate everything, to even doing a force populate through BigBox, but nothing seems to help it. All I know is if I wait a while like say I go to Game Boy and scroll until some don't load up all the way and wait like 2Mins or so, then they all load up and I never seem to have to worry about the Game list being incomplete as I can scroll the whole thing until I leave Game Boy and go to another Platform. I also notice that if say I leave Game Boy while everything is incomplete, and then return to it is when they all show up correctly until I scroll a little again to find the list still incomplete. I also use the Default Theme just in case all of those details are more helpful to getting this all resolved. I'm more than willing to give any further info or whatever it takes to help it though.

11.13b7

Bugs:

1. When editing an emulator's config>Associated Platforms, if you try to copy the text in the "Extra command line parameters", all the text in that row is copied. Thus, when you paste the extra command line info, you paste all of the fields into the single box.
  2. While in the Emulator Editor and the "New Beta" window pops up and takes focus (but you don't want to acknowledge the download yet because you haven't finished what you were doing in the Emulator Editor (or probably any editor window)), you won't be able to regain focus on the Emulator Editor window nor can you re-select the New Beta window because it's behind the emulator editor.
Edited by Knowcontrol

So I guess it seems not only do I still a have a problem where my Clear Logos in BigBox don't load all the way unless I wait a while, but happens again when I return to the same Platform I left. Along with that issue I tend to later on get a slowdown on transitions like the Backgrounds or other items and then later on the screen goes black to some screens I transition to, but I can still hear everything even when it gets that way. Sometimes before things slow down I also have no Clear Logos for Platforms loaded up, so I wait a while for them to show up again. Like I guess something with my stuff isn't loading up and gets so cluttered along the way like a stopped up drain would, and goes from slower to just nothing loading up correctly other than the sounds from the Themes or Clips. Like it gets so bad to where I have to Windows key and close it off

Also, I'm having this issue again too:

image.thumb.png.381865c2f288477a7e8afa4a5f4214c6.png

Edited by RULLUR

Hey @RULLUR - I've encountered this while my images/videos were hosted on a network attached storage but not while on a dedicated hard drive. It could be the latency that is causing this or lack of folder indexing. Second, I was able to minimize this on the network by removing media for roms I do not have. For example, XBOX 360 has over 1,300 games. I'd only keep the media for the 146 I'm interested in playing - I haven't encountered it since.

Edited by Kevin_Flynn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kevin_Flynn said:

Hey @RULLUR - I've encountered this while my images/videos were hosted on a network attached storage but not while on a dedicated hard drive. It could be the latency that is causing this or lack of folder indexing. Second, I was able to minimize this on the network by removing media for roms I do not have. For example, XBOX 360 has over 1,300 games. I'd only keep the media for the 146 I'm interested in playing - I haven't encountered it since.

My next thought was similar to what you did which was that one time I Updated all of the games' Metadata which took like a week, and I think during it I had my connection drop to where errors came in after, and this was before the feature was put in place that you can import while doing anything else too. So long story short, I probably have some corrupted media. I mean I'm even seeing games with Box Art and Clear Logos that at times on the rare look disintegrated with teal speckles outlined to them like some sort of weird PNG transparency, and I also have games I swore I had media to, but had stuff totally missing like that Box or Background, yet had Gameplay to them when they weren't just some ROM Hack or whatever.

So basically it might be all a bunch of corrupted media and entries due to that messy updating that took a week, and if anything I need to probably go and try updating everything again, but only a few games at a time instead of the whole library like last time when I didn't know you can just hold Ctrl and click away to the ones you want to update, or even search and Ctrl+A too.

Broken media might be something as to why @C-Beats & @Jason Carr couldn't replicate the issue too. Sucks if all along this was what the problem was all along, but I so appreciate the efforts of them trying to figure it out when they can too. I think before there was a time that my Super Nintendo stuff took forever on my i3 Laptop, and Jason said it might be Media related. I copied my stuff to a ThinkCentre with i7, and then Metadata Updated everything to where Super Nintendo doesn't give me problems other than what is currently going on with everything else.

I'm not sure it belongs here because 11.13 is now "out". However, I did notice that BigBox seems to be ignoring the Video options.  Specifically, one of my platforms (using Unified Redux), is my own Recently Played.  It has no background video, just a background image and clear logo. Prior to the update it was fine.  After the update, it now plays random videos as if the "play random video if platform has no video" option (not verbatim) is checked.  Then I unchecked all of the three video options and it had no effect, and all platform videos still played when I believe they shouldn't.

Edited by Deam

Yeah, I think I'm having the same issue. I just updated to 11.13 as well and now all of my Platform videos for my BigBox theme aren't working anymore. It's just playing random gameplay videos from my game library instead. Changing settings didn't seem to have any effect.

16 minutes ago, Deam said:

I'm not sure it belongs here because 11.13 is now "out". However, I did notice that BigBox seems to be ignoring the Video options.  Specifically, one of my platforms (using Unified Redux), is my own Recently Played.  It has no background video, just a background image and clear logo. Prior to the update it was fine.  After the update, it now plays random videos as if the "play random video if platform has no video" option (not verbatim) is checked.  Then I unchecked all of the three video options and it had no effect, and all platform videos still played when I believe they shouldn't.

8 minutes ago, Clarg said:

Yeah, I think I'm having the same issue. I just updated to 11.13 as well and now all of my Platform videos for my BigBox theme aren't working anymore. It's just playing random gameplay videos from my game library instead. Changing settings didn't seem to have any effect.

Thanks for the report. I've reverted the release over this, so the official release is now back to 11.12 until we can get that issue fixed. We should have it fixed and have a new release out tomorrow. You're free to stay on 11.13 for now, or you should be able to downgrade to 11.12 by just installing 11.12 over top.

28 minutes ago, Suhrvivor said:

The new Require Holding Back to Navigate to System Menu option doesn't seem to work when you Default Startup View is set to All Games.

Thanks for the report, we are looking into this.

40 minutes ago, Rlad said:

In background priorities if i use screenshot-gameplay and set it to blur it randomly blurs, or doesnt.

After setting up your options, are you able to close LaunchBox, clear your cached LaunchBox files in: LaunchBox\Images\Cache-LB

Then report back if you are still having the issue.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, faeran said:

After setting up your options, are you able to close LaunchBox, clear your cached LaunchBox files in: LaunchBox\Images\Cache-LB

Then report back if you are still having the issue.

Same, I think i've worked out whats happening, in this case my sg1000 has a mix of images such as these, when LB chooses the smaller image it doesnt blur, my creativision are all the smaller images and none of them blur.

1768106292_BankPanic-01.png.b6426ca6a7048444c31a5d12dc58a9d0.pngBank Panic-02.png

Edited by Rlad

17 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

Thanks for the report. I've reverted the release over this, so the official release is now back to 11.12 until we can get that issue fixed. We should have it fixed and have a new release out tomorrow. You're free to stay on 11.13 for now, or you should be able to downgrade to 11.12 by just installing 11.12 over top.

Thank you for the rather quick reply! 

One other question/suggestion - is it possible to set how long you have to hold the back button for the new settings menu option (e.g. shorten it?).