LaunchBox Community Forums

11.13 Beta Testing

faeran

Noticed when looking at the GameControllers.XML categories for 11.13 beta 1 there is typo for "rythm" relative to others:

<GameController>
    <AssociatedPlatforms />
    <Category>Rythm</Category>
    <Id>51b5d11e-f6f9-4757-b511-dbc32e9913a3</Id>
    <Name>Samba de Amigo Maracas Controller</Name>
  </GameController>

7 hours ago, mgtroyas said:

On my install I'm seeing Batman from Atari on the Atari Playlist and not in the Midway one. Anyway the arcade auto-created playlists are quite simple: they match to the "Arcade" platform, and look for the word (i.e. "Atari" or "Midway") inside the "Editor" field, so if the metadata is right they should auto-populate without problems. If after restarting Launchbox they are still wrong, I'd create a new one for testing, just with that logic.

For the Cave games, if you moved the games to another Platform, you must edit the playlist to look for that platform name instead of "Arcade".

I don't mess with anything more than just go into Edit and click the X by the Title to where it then says "Search for Metadata", and then just click what Title it properly goes to out of the list. So I don't really know why for me it made Batman jump from Atari Classics to Midway Classics. I figured it did that for everyone else at this current time. I do this with everything individually at times when I want to just update certain games instead of several at once.

For Cave, I just mainly right-clicked to Edit in Platform Category within the Arcade, and then put Unique Name as "Cave", and then check where it says "Include the Playlist with Platforms" where I then add in my Video Path and things like Banner, Clear Logo, and Fanart. Turning Playlists into Platforms this way has been so much easier even though at rare times we get a new Beta and things like my SEGA S-TV one disappears and I have to go in and check "Include this Playlist with Platforms" again so that it shows up like it used to.

Beta 2 is now live with the following changes:

• Improvement - ScummVM has been upgraded to version 2.2.0 and updated the ScummVM game drop down list to include the new titles it now supports
  • Improvement - NavigationDirection binding was moved from FlowControl to the actual Game/Platform view to allow more views to use it
  • Improvement - Adjusted Big Box FlowControl rendering to help with visual artifacts and performance on lower end machines
  • Improvement - Added a "IsNotEmpty" playlist field to Auto-Populate playlist
  • Fixed - Auto-Populate fields "Doesn't Contain" and "Has At Least One of" should now function as intended (introduced in 11.13 beta 1)
  • Fixed - Can now Download Platform Videos from EmuMovies again (introduced in 11.11)
  • Fixed - In Big Box when platforms would play fallback game videos, it would only use VideoSnaps, it now respects your Video Type Priority settings
  • Fixed - Playlists wouldn't always fallback to images of games inside of the playlist
  • Fixed - Adding logic to help with the EmuMovies 404 error while downloading media
  • Like 9

38 minutes ago, OhBoy said:

Adding images to a game causes LB to delete all of the other images for that game. It's happened on the last 5 games I've edited.

Can you please let us know if you are still experiencing this issue in the latest beta

1 hour ago, faeran said:

• Improvement - ScummVM has been upgraded to version 2.2.0 and updated the ScummVM game drop down list to include the new titles it now supports
  • Improvement - NavigationDirection binding was moved from FlowControl to the actual Game/Platform view to allow more views to use it
  • Improvement - Adjusted Big Box FlowControl rendering to help with visual artifacts and performance on lower end machines
  • Improvement - Added a "IsNotEmpty" playlist field to Auto-Populate playlist
  • Fixed - Auto-Populate fields "Doesn't Contain" and "Has At Least One of" should now function as intended (introduced in 11.13 beta 1)
  • Fixed - Can now Download Platform Videos from EmuMovies again (introduced in 11.11)
  • Fixed - In Big Box when platforms would play fallback game videos, it would only use VideoSnaps, it now respects your Video Type Priority settings
  • Fixed - Playlists wouldn't always fallback to images of games inside of the playlist
  • Fixed - Adding logic to help with the EmuMovies 404 error while downloading media

Could you elaborate a bit on - 

Thanks!

@bbweiners Effectively theme creators can utilize these bindings on every view to allow for elements on the screen to react an input direction being pressed. For example when you push right, the theme could render an arcade joystick moving right. Before this was only possible on FlowControl views and the binding would clear to quickly to be used very easily. Now it will be able to be used on all Filter/Game views and doesn't reset until the GameDetails are loaded so it doesn't require as much guesswork on the theme creators part as to when to reset any animations tied to that binding.

@C-Beats

I'm not sure if this is the case or not. But can you now on PlatformViews be able to go from a HorizontalWheelView and navigate to the recently played games and/or favorites that populate if they are enabled?

Right now you can only navigate to recent games or favorites if you're using a VerticalWheel or Textview.

Thanks!

Edited by bbweiners

4 hours ago, faeran said:

Confirmed, now it works :) Thank you very much.

Edited by mgtroyas

57 minutes ago, kmoney said:

The new beta 2 has messed up the curved wheels views in @CriticalCid Unified theme and @Jason Carr Unified Redux theme to where they no longer curve correctly. Those are the two themes so far I have noticed. The default theme curved wheels views seem normal.

Yup. It starts out curved and the more you move through the wheel in slowly turns into a steep angled line instead of a curved wheel.

So I turned my Arcade Cave Playlist into a Cave platform, but later on it wasn't seen in BigBox probably because I imported more ROMs for MAME and kept the Create Playlists part checked during the Import. So I went to rename the Unique Name to Cave again and put in the Banner and Fanart I made for it while adding in the Video Path and of course checked the part where it shows a Playlist with the Platforms, but then it seemed to then show me 2 Clear Logos, 2 Banners and 2 Fanarts. I Deleted the extras, but now the Fanart I picked only for Cave doesn't show up. All that comes up as Default for the Background instead is the one I have set for Arcade. I went in to the Images folder under Playlists and deleted a Arcade Cave folder and left the Cave folder there to then go in delete off the extra Clear Logos, Banners, and Fanart since every time I got done using Edit is when they would show up like I never Deleted them. After deleting the extra media in the Cave folder, it still keeps showing me the default Arcade Background instead of the one I made for Cave.

I know someone earlier was stating how some of their images disappeared after Editing and Adding some in on their own, but unsure this is a variation of that same glitch or not. I'm just stating how odd this is, and hopefully have a solution for it in the next Beta

17 hours ago, kmoney said:

The new beta 2 has messed up the curved wheels views in @CriticalCid Unified theme and @Jason Carr Unified Redux theme to where they no longer curve correctly. Those are the two themes so far I have noticed. The default theme curved wheels views seem normal.

I noticed this in the theme im creating, i thought it was something i'd done in the theme creator.