LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

30 minutes ago, faeran said:

Themes may only contain game or filter views. Enter into a games view and you'll probably see the other views to choose from.

Ah thanks for this. Im an idiot, probably shouldnt be doing this first thing in the morning with a hangoverĀ šŸ™ƒ

Great update, love the new themes. One issue with The Grid is that it doesn't seem to fall back to screenshots when there's no video available. I fixed this by putting the following line in the xml before the video player.

<Image x:Name="ScreenshotImage" Source="{Binding SelectedGame.ScreenshotImage}" Aspect="AspectFit" Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="6"/>

Just putting that out there in case anyone else is having the same issue.

Edited by sweezely
  • Unusual Gem 1

1 minute ago, sweezely said:

Great update, love the new themes. One issue with The Grid is that it doesn't seem to fall back to screenshots when there's no video available. I fixed this by putting the following line in the xml after the video player.

<Image x:Name="ScreenshotImage" Source="{Binding SelectedGame.ScreenshotImage}" Aspect="AspectFit" Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="6"/>

Awesome to see you already taking advantage of custom themes. Good work! :)

@Jason CarrĀ I have been testing the unified lite theme and found a bug where box art and screenshots fail to load after a game search is excuited. Even if the search is cleared, box covers and arts will not return.Ā  Only way i found to get all the art back is to completly exit lunchbox, remove it from open list and then open lunchbox again. This is also effecting the regular wheel view as well.Ā  Also I just noticed that if I leave launchbox alone in this state, it freezes (crashes) and does not allowe me to do anything. At this point, launchbox is unuseable for me.Ā 

Edited by Vader

@Jason CarrĀ loving the beta update. I'm running into a bug that I can replicate 100%, if you're scrolling down a list of your games and you pass a game on the list that doesn't have a video associated (possibly metadata as well, it's an unmatched game) the video player will stop working completely until I hard restart the app. I have tested this out between box grid and unified themes and I can only replicate it through the unified lite theme, this does not seem to affect boxgrid. I think this might be related to @Vader's issue above.

I will say once I trigger the issue in unify lite and switch over to boxgrid the bug does carry over. All clears up after an app restart though.

EDIT: This exact behavior also happens in the wheel with details view, I got the app to crash when I triggered in this view.

EDIT 2: I think this triggers the launchbox database search to not work either when trying to match metadata. There's a recent thread on this issue and I believe it's all related

EDIT 3: OK just going through to expand this is happening on games that were never database matched so they're missing all the metadata. I've been going through and associating those games using the boxgrid view and then once I have them all fixed I switch back to whichever view I want.

Edited by commandernojj
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, commandernojj said:

@Jason CarrĀ loving the beta update. I'm running into a bug that I can replicate 100%, if you're scrolling down a list of your games and you pass a game on the list that doesn't have a video associated (possibly metadata as well, it's an unmatched game) the video player will stop working completely until I hard restart the app. I have tested this out between box grid and unified themes and I can only replicate it through the unified lite theme, this does not seem to affect boxgrid. I think this might be related to @Vader's issue above.

I will say once I trigger the issue in unify lite and switch over to boxgrid the bug does carry over. All clears up after an app restart though.

EDIT: This exact behavior also happens in the wheel with details view, I got the app to crash when I triggered in this view.

EDIT 2: I think this triggers the launchbox database search to not work either when trying to match metadata. There's a recent thread on this issue and I believe it's all related

Thanks for this. We'll dive into it early next week and hopefully get a new beta out with fixes.

• Like 1

Is there some way to avoid background images in themes? I tried to inspect The Grid to turn off background images and couldn't even find where it's defined. Is this just hard coded into views?

I have an intense disdain for background images that change with focus. It's slow, distracting, and rarely even looks good. I'd love a way to turn these off on ANY view, if not globally from settings.

7 minutes ago, maddox said:

Is there some way to avoid background images in themes? I tried to inspect The Grid to turn off background images and couldn't even find where it's defined. Is this just hard coded into views?

I figured it out. You need to remove this:

<Image x:Name="BackgroundImage" Aspect="AspectFill" Source="splash_background.jpg" />

Ā 

4 hours ago, sweezely said:

Great update, love the new themes. One issue with The Grid is that it doesn't seem to fall back to screenshots when there's no video available. I fixed this by putting the following line in the xml before the video player.

Ā 

Thanks for this! I'm seeing issues with screenshots with different aspects than the videos, so the screenshots show under the video player. Do themes have a way to conditionally show elements? It'd be nice to just NOT show the screenshot element if the video is available.

On 5/27/2022 at 10:59 AM, sweezely said:

Is there any documentation yet for what objects and properties are available for bindings? Or did you just find this from other themes examples?

On 5/27/2022 at 8:31 PM, maddox said:

Thanks for this! I'm seeing issues with screenshots with different aspects than the videos, so the screenshots show under the video player. Do themes have a way to conditionally show elements? It'd be nice to just NOT show the screenshot element if the video is available.

I guess the easiest way to do this would be to make the video bigger/screenshot smaller so that no matter the size of the screenshot the video is bigger. Perhaps define the bounding box by just the width/height (whichever is biggest for the video)? II don't know of a way to conditionally show an element, the theme authors would be the best ones to ask about that, or to wait for the documentation.

LaunchBox for Android 1.2-beta-3 is out now with the following:

• Fixed: Navigating to a game without metadata was causing the background threads to get clogged up, so that images were not loading properly
  • Fixed: Single-pressing games in the box grids was not working in some views
  • Better performance when navigating with a controller

@faeran is also working on updating the custom themes that are available here on the forums to fix some issues and improve some things.

• Like 1

Some updates to LaunchBox for Android themes:

• A new theme has been released: Emblem
  • Alisia has been updated to 1.01 - It now uses a font converter to help with font size consistency across more devices
  • Unified Lite has been updated to 1.01 - the layout of the platform logo, video and boxes have been adjust and should now be more dynamic across different devices.
  • Like 1

New version is working great, seems to fix that bug I reported.

Another consistent bug I'm noticing when doing a manual metadata search against the launchbox database, I have to run the search twice, the first time it always fails, second time it finds the game (unless it's just not there)