LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox for Android New Version - Beta Testing

Jason Carr

14 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

LaunchBox for Android 1.3-beta-1 is out now with the following:

• The AetherSX2 emulator for Sony Playstation 2 is now fully supported and will launch games! However, you will need to open up the emulator first and let it scan your PS2 ROMs folder in order for it to have access to your ROMs.

• Added a new option to the MAME imports to skip games that require a CHD file; this is ideal for mobile devices because the CHD files increase the ROM set space requirements from 66 gigs to roughly 500 gigs, and only around 120 games actually require a CHD, so it's usually better to omit the CHDs for mobile devices that run MAME

• Games are now sorted more similarly to how they are in the desktop apps, ignoring articles like "The", "A", and "An"

• M3U playlists are now used for games with multiple discs (to allow for easy disc switching) when launching RetroArch with the following cores: duckstation, swanstation, mednafen_psx_hw, mednafen_psx

• Fixed errors importing Capcom Play System, Capcom Play System II, and Capcom Play System III

Thank you all for the feedback and testing. :)

Thank You Guys for your hard Work.

Everytime it becomes better & better

Appreciate it and Greetings from Germany :)!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goldielocks said:

Enabling beta, exiting then restarting does nothing for me on Android 10. No prompt to update:/

Did you make sure, after exiting LaunchBox for Android, that you opened the Android app switcher and closed LaunchBox from there? Just closing back to the home screen, and opening LaunchBox back up is probably not enough to trigger the prompt.

Other than that, the only other reason I've heard of that the prompt wouldn't show up is a bad internet connection.

This stuck here never load metadata. The same dir on arcade system takes 1 or 2 seconds to pass this screen. I probe with diferent regions and without mame type but doesn't work. But in arcade system works like a charm this dir. An example in arcade system the same dir 3rd capture.

Screenshot_2022-06-10-17-56-11-674_com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox.jpg

AScreenshot_2022-06-10-17-55-49-499_com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox.jpg

Screenshot_2022-06-10-18-04-43-996_com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox.jpg

Edited by RooKie123

Regardless, though, even though we added support for CPS1, 2, and 3, it's not necessary to import them, as they are included in the MAME Arcade set. Eventually we will be adding support for the arcade playlists like we have on the desktop, which will be a much better solution than importing the CPS platforms individually. So unless you are super-eager to import CPS platforms separately, I would recommend just using them in Arcade and waiting for the arcade playlists to be implemented.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Regardless, though, even though we added support for CPS1, 2, and 3, it's not necessary to import them, as they are included in the MAME Arcade set. Eventually we will be adding support for the arcade playlists like we have on the desktop, which will be a much better solution than importing the CPS platforms individually. So unless you are super-eager to import CPS platforms separately, I would recommend just using them in Arcade and waiting for the arcade playlists to be implemented.

This is what I do when I want to play cps games I enter on arcade and search cps and have the cps games, till now I do it with Naomi too.

Edited by RooKie123

LaunchBox for Android 1.3-beta-3 is out now with the following:

• Both PPSSPP and PPSSPP Gold for Sony PSP are now fully supported and will launch games on Android 11+! However, you will need to open up the emulators first and let them scan your PSP ROMs folder with the Browse button for them to have access to your ROMs (on Android 11+).

• Yaba Sanshiro 2 and Yaba Sanshiro 2 Pro have been added, but they do not work to launch games on Android 11+. As far as we can tell, this is because the developer has not yet added support for launching games with the new Android storage access framework. Please hit us up on the LaunchBox forums if you know otherwise or have any further information.

• Dolphin MMJR is now the default emulator for Nintendo GameCube and Nintendo Wii, because it is so much better with performance

• Like 1

Awesome beta update. Thanks.

My two cents: Capcom CPS1,2,3 work with most recent romsets. If the romset is old, like kawaks romsset, launchbox crashes (i am on Odin Pro)

and now that we Capcom, NeoGeo, and Sami systems, any chance to have Cave system?

Edited by Nekki

44 minutes ago, DragoonDemon4 said:

I have an issue with launch box for Android, the NEC pc engine copied from launch box for pc category won't let me choose emulator

Screenshot_20220612_144047_com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox.jpg

It's called NEC TurboGrafx-16 in the Android app. If you export a platform from the desktop app that doesn't have the Scrape As value set correctly, I believe that can cause this, so I'm guessing that's what's going on.

16 hours ago, Nekki said:

Awesome beta update. Thanks.

My two cents: Capcom CPS1,2,3 work with most recent romsets. If the romset is old, like kawaks romsset, launchbox crashes (i am on Odin Pro)

and now that we Capcom, NeoGeo, and Sami systems, any chance to have Cave system?

Based on the code, I don't believe it makes any sense that newer ROM sets would work fine but older ROM sets don't. Have you tested this? We did fix a related issue in a previous beta.

I will put Cave on the list.

On 6/10/2022 at 3:11 PM, master333 said:

Just need to fix drastic ds ROMs loading which is currently broken and then everything will work great!

On 6/11/2022 at 6:18 AM, RooKie123 said:

Yes it worked for me and now no works. Repair Drastic or implement melonDS standalone app. And Redream ....then there is the best emu launcher. I'm only dreaming

I will review DS here soon.

• Like 1

If I also may add two things. First, and this is no priority, openbor. I know it uses a lot of memory and I'm not sure it's even on the PC launchbox, it would be really cool tho cause I love openbor beat em ups. And second, I have a lot of video game magazines in pdf format that I like to read. Is it possible to add a reader app as an emulator to launch magazines to read?

4 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

It's called NEC TurboGrafx-16 in the Android app. If you export a platform from the desktop app that doesn't have the Scrape As value set correctly, I believe that can cause this, so I'm guessing that's what's going on.

The scrape as is correctly set on desktop and NEC pc engine CD gets reconogized

Edited by DragoonDemon4
Wrong word