LaunchBox Community Forums

11.16 Beta Testing

faeran

On 8/20/2021 at 8:05 AM, C-Beats said:

Thanks all for the reports regarding the Old Default based themes. Believe I have a solution and will get a beta out to correct soon.

@sundogak Many of the items listed as fixed came from your reports, could you confirm the issues you reported were fixed in this beta release?

@RULLUR Anyway I can get a status report on your FlowControl issue in this beta? Still have some changes we want to make but I'd like to think this beta should help you some (assuming the original issue wasn't caused by corrupt images like you were beginning to think)

Seems to be fixed now, which I thank you all big time on making it happen too. Not sure all gets a bit of lag at times with the box covers, screenshots, and backgrounds though. Like the Clear Logos and all scroll perfectly with no lag or weird loading now, but there are times where everything else tries to catch up with it.

I also experienced a time where I Launched a PPSSPP game, and it froze up to where even Alt+Tab didn't seem to work, and using the Windows key eventually did to where I finally got focused on the PPSSPP window to close it and Launch it again to where the next time it came up like it should. I also experienced in the previous 2 Betas where I Launch a game from MAME and it would take forever to run more than usual that at times I thought it would be stuck or crash. Not sure if that has been fixed yet in the latest Beta or not since mostly I was checking the Clear Logos and all to see if they load up and scroll correctly

Seems to be another issue with the latest Beta is that if you have BigBox running and your screensaver kicks in, the screensaver runs incredibly slow, and it takes a while to get back to BigBox when you wake the screen back up from it

My theme uses marquee images which require me to ask my theme users to uncheck everything but arcade marquees in box front priorities. This allows the theme to display marquees properly without a bunch of box art and other un-desired images showing up in the marquee area. Ideally, it would be nice to have some sort of image priorities that worked with marquee images so I could also use 2D box art in the theme. Even better would be a way as a theme creator to turn off image priorities in the theme alltogether.

Anyhow, thats not really what I came here to report - but it is sort of related. When I uncheck everything in Box Front priorities, close Launchbox and re-open Launchbox, it's not remembering that everything was unchecked and the defaults will be checked again.

If I uncheck everything except Arcade Marquees, close Launchbox and come back, Amazon Poster along with Marquees is checked. I think this is a relatively new issue. Not sure when Amazon Posters were introduced.

image.thumb.png.eaa5c934ecfa2d7e4fb032b5eadb9ed8.png

• Like 2