LaunchBox Community Forums

11.16 Beta Testing

faeran

11 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

When running beta 2, RPCS3 will not run for me. I hear a sound like a windows prompt, but LB is frozen and keyboard is about useless. Can't even do ALT>TAB. Have to kill LB process in the task manger. At first I thought it might be the AHK script I was using, so I removed it and had the same issue. Went back to 11.15 and all is working good again, even with my AHK script.

Anyone else having issues with the beta's and RPCS3?

Working fine here.

• Thanks 1

Edit: Disregard...that plague Nahimic service somehow auto updated (I know I disabled it) and it was running causing havoc with LB (and lots of other things such as Future Pinball 2nd screen hangs up).  Nuked it and LB was fine. 

11.6 Beta 2

Seeing odd graphics glitches with checkboxes and buttons.  I haven't altered the Nvidia drivers (just stock/updated version).  

Before Mouse Over

505746542_BeforeMouseOver.thumb.PNG.6eae34672fa19a915d17c5f103fd1a8b.PNG

After I mouse over and/or click on the button/check box

Capture2.thumb.PNG.9d77de964795cb5c9c7559dc52da62c9.PNG

If close edit box and reopen goes back to default up until I mouse over again.  Tried clean reboot.  Didn't have issue 11.15.  

Edited by sundogak
Edit Disregard
  • Like 1

11.6 Beta 2

Drag and dropping an image that is already in the source image type location (but not linked yet due to naming issue of file) will not work.  You either have to drag outside the folder or temporarily select that image as some other type, close, and reopen to fix type. It will move/rename the image at that point.  

For example, if have a Marquee image within the ..\Launchbox\Images\Colecovision\Arcade-Marquee\Star Trek.png  but image needs to be linked to the "Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator" game, if drag and drop, select the image as a Marquee, then close the edit window it will not rename or do anything with the image (image source stays same and no image linked to game). Basically, it isn't renaming a file already within the source image location but a move, type change /rename action works.

Although not a typical action, if doing media "packs" and doing the odd fix then this is where comes up. Prior behavior was to simply rename the file to normal LB naming convention.  

Capture1.thumb.PNG.f32a26068f61c01fa1f283b18cce9fd5.PNGCapture3.PNG.c5a05fb203c702644ebd06abbd0df0f3.PNG

Edited by sundogak

I am not sure if this is a new issue in a beta or not because I have not downloaded videos in a while. But one thing I noticed today while downloading videos through Emumovies with bulk download movies and metadata tool is if a have a video theme for a particular game in the video\themes folder and not the actual video snap in the videos folder and choose "Yes but do not replace any fields or media" it will not download the video snap even though I do not have it. When I remove the video theme for a particular game from the video\themes folder it will download the regular video snap correctly. This only also happens when trying to download in bulk with more than one game as if you download one game video at a time it works correctly. So it looks like if the wizard sees a video theme in the themes folder it counts that as the video and skips it even though I do not have the regular video snap. 

2 hours ago, SiriusVI said:

Hey,

I'm not sure this is an issue of the Beta, but it might be, so I'm just posting the link to this issue here:

Try reverting to the stable version and test. If it works in the stable reload the beta and confirm it does not work again.

Hey all, beta 3 is out now with the Export to Android option added back in. We plan to release the new Android version at the same time as the 11.16 official release.

For more details on the Android version, please see the Android beta testing thread here:

We will be back to the remaining issues in this thread shortly.

• Like 5

Beta 3 (also Beta 2)

Upon a drag and drop ROM add triggering the import wizard, the second import screen for media selection via EmuMovies doesn't remember the last settings used.  The prior screen for LB DB media does.  Doesn't matter if you use the Check None or select individually.  

Capture.thumb.PNG.9d21fd0920306bb19dc9beaf6b8db939.PNG

Okay, so I switched the Game List View to having plain text instead of having Clear Logos, and seems no longer a problem as it all seems to be running even faster in BigBox.  Just sucks I can't always nicely scroll with Clear Logos without that sort of issue until it's resolved on showing up blank for over a minute at times. LaunchBox itself has crashed on me while doing a Metadata update on a bunch of games, and never continued to the process once I opened LaunchBox back up

Edited by RULLUR

Hi Everyone,

Beta 4 is now out with the following changes:

• Improvement: Big Box FlowControl views and the items in them should load more quickly
  • Improvement: Improved LaunchBox scrolling performance
  • Fixed: ROM Import Wizard wasn't setting Scrape As to a platform's current Scrape As value
  • Fixed: MAME Fullset importer was adding controller and alternate name information to games that already had the information
  • Fixed: EmuMovies was incorrectly using video priorities to determine if you have a video already or not in the Download Media and Metadata tool
  • Fixed: EmuMovies' media type selections weren't always remembered during imports
  • Fixed: Manually adding or dragging images to the AddEditGame Images tab wasn't saving images that came from the correct image folder already

Thanks for your help in beta testing. It's always much appreciated.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, faeran said:

Hi Everyone,

Beta 4 is now out with the following changes:

• Improvement: Big Box FlowControl views and the items in them should load more quickly
  • Improvement: Improved LaunchBox scrolling performance
  • Fixed: ROM Import Wizard wasn't setting Scrape As to a platform's current Scrape As value
  • Fixed: MAME Fullset importer was adding controller and alternate name information to games that already had the information
  • Fixed: EmuMovies was incorrectly using video priorities to determine if you have a video already or not in the Download Media and Metadata tool
  • Fixed: EmuMovies' media type selections weren't always remembered during imports
  • Fixed: Manually adding or dragging images to the AddEditGame Images tab wasn't saving images that came from the correct image folder already

Thanks for your help in beta testing. It's always much appreciated.

Beta 4 seems to of broken how the "Arrange By" shows images, i have them in the wrong position and underneath the below games.

image.thumb.png.9b78b505fdb9f9d73ce78dcd2d500085.png

Also on horizontal boxes there is now a background that wasn't there previously.

image.thumb.png.ad7993d7dc92823b0c4e3f5477efc3a6.png

Thanks all for the reports regarding the Old Default based themes. Believe I have a solution and will get a beta out to correct soon.

@sundogak Many of the items listed as fixed came from your reports, could you confirm the issues you reported were fixed in this beta release?

@RULLUR Anyway I can get a status report on your FlowControl issue in this beta? Still have some changes we want to make but I'd like to think this beta should help you some (assuming the original issue wasn't caused by corrupt images like you were beginning to think)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Thanks all for the reports regarding the Old Default based themes. Believe I have a solution and will get a beta out to correct soon.

@sundogak Many of the items listed as fixed came from your reports, could you confirm the issues you reported were fixed in this beta release?

@RULLUR Anyway I can get a status report on your FlowControl issue in this beta? Still have some changes we want to make but I'd like to think this beta should help you some (assuming the original issue wasn't caused by corrupt images like you were beginning to think)

@C-Beats     On Beta 4 and 5 appears fixed on issues I captured.  

• Thanks 2