LaunchBox Community Forums

11.16 Beta Testing

faeran

When installing LaunchBox for first time and you goto setup Add Game after doing so goes thru process but the Add Game window stays on top I would think it should disappear as it starts to import your games/roms.

Edited by Krakerman

28 minutes ago, Wanderer189 said:

I am also getting "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error like @Madman3001

Had to revert back

Untitled.jpg

@RULLUR @Wanderer189 Can you both try the steps below. This fixed the issue for me as well as @OhBoy

2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Edited:

Just got the error with PS3. Changed the exe path to a completely different emulator and saved it and exited the Manage Emulators screen. Then went back in a edited it back to the correct exe path and no error. If that did not work try closing LB after you make the first change. Then reopen LB and edit it back to the correct .exe path.

• Like 1

I believe this started with this specific beta, but I noticed that the spacing in the Game Overview panel is different. Any game that had lines between text/paragraphs now seems to have extra blank lines added and the spacing is off from where it used to be. One example I see is for Trails of Cold Steel II for PC, but really any game I pull up that had extra spacing in it seems to be off now. I'll see if I can get a picture.

EDIT: Included a picture of an example. Happens on all games with any additional spacing in the overview.

It also seems like when BB loads sometimes, only the first paragraph or part of the overview will show up at all.

Screenshot (5).png

Edited by TheNewClassics

1 hour ago, Retro808 said:

@RULLUR @Wanderer189 Can you both try the steps below. This fixed the issue for me as well as @OhBoy

Seems fine when running it through LaunchBox after doing as you said, but want to also say that CCS64 on its own Launches just fine if you are in BigBox and if you take the "Open CCS64" route. Not sure all effected is doing the same where you can Open an Emulator through the game, but not the game through the Emulator until you likely do as @Retro808 says.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the advice, all. Should have thought about deleting the beta file.... Anyway I did that and all is good. No point in having it if it doesn't work for me. Look forward to future releases

Thanks again

16 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Seems after doing @Retro808's method on mupen64plus, for some odd reason CCS64 is back to giving me that error again. Any idea or solutions?

Nestopia is also having that error

A couple of my builds did have a bunch of emulators that needed fixing. Since doing so I have not had the issue return. 

42 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

A couple of my builds did have a bunch of emulators that needed fixing. Since doing so I have not had the issue return. 

Could it be that I need to switch all the emulators, even the ones not giving the error to another directory and then close the tab to the switch them all back? I just went in a fixed the one that seemed broken that way and then launched BigBox to find the previous one I fixed before had went back to being broken. I hope in the next Beta this all can be resolved. I don't know if me launching a C64 game with CCS64 in LaunchBox to test it before I ran back to BigBox somehow messed it up too or not. I just know this release seemed to cause more headaches than anything, but I'm sure the next release will be far better since they know what issues there are.

I think instead of running BigBox and coming across errors when I launch things, I'm gonna just stick with LaunchBox since that seems to not have this issue as far as I know until the next Beta comes. Thanks for the help though @Retro808

UPDATE:

So I guess the error happens within LaunchBox too because I was trying to Launch a game with Mednafen and got stuck on the loading screen to where I had to close it off with Alt+TAB and couldn't see my cursor anymore to where I had to Alt+Ctrl+Delete to Sign Out of Windows 10 to then sign back in so I can see my cursor again.

Edited by RULLUR

Version 11.16 Beta 1

Two issues:  

Spacing/Return Issue:

Any platforms that were edited with the beta have odd returns/spacing in the Notes field.  These were not games that were edited but the platform had modifications made in 11.16 versus 11.15.  

Snap in 11.16 (returns all messed up, but not consistently). I hadn't done any editing or adding of the games with spacing issues.  

Capture.thumb.PNG.3fff4ba2e27c0b68fd9f4791c41fe4e9.PNG

Snap in 11.15 after reverted to Backup (before)...note no add returns in Notes field.  There were many throughout with similar issues so wasn't isolated to one game and they were not anything I edited in 11.16.  

Capture2.thumb.PNG.c404e8afb8a563d83965b02762aac043.PNG

Import Drag and Drop Crashing:

If you drag and drop into a platform, go through the normal panes it will crash as you hit next before the "ready to import screen" if the boxes for search for game or any media are checked.  It also seemed I also had to have the duplicate check box checked (even though was no duplicate) but hadn't done another pass to see if that was needed.  This occurred on two different platforms (also ones I had worked on that created the odd spacing above in Notes).  It doesn't crash LB completely and drops back to LB main screen but crashes the import process and doesn't result in the game being added.  When I reverted to 11.15 and BU XML set and readded the same games that had issues, no problems in add process.

Edited by sundogak

13 hours ago, Retro808 said:

Try resetting the emulator .exe path. I got that error with Citra and to be honest I do not remember exactly what I did, but I remember reselecting the path was one of the last things I did and the error went away. Again, not saying that was the fix, but worth a try.

Edited:

Just got the error with PS3. Changed the exe path to a completely different emulator and saved it and exited the Manage Emulators screen. Then went back in a edited it back to the correct exe path and no error. If that did not work try closing LB after you make the first change. Then reopen LB and edit it back to the correct .exe path.

This seems to work at first, doing this fixed all the emulators showing the issue in Launchbox, flipped over to BigBox and the error reappeared, then closed BB and opened LB again and the error is back for all the emulators I "fixed" sadly...

sTeVE

6 hours ago, jetbootjack said:

This seems to work at first, doing this fixed all the emulators showing the issue in Launchbox, flipped over to BigBox and the error reappeared, then closed BB and opened LB again and the error is back for all the emulators I "fixed" sadly...

sTeVE

Yeah. Does seem to either come back immediately or after some time. Played around a lot more this morning and after a bit the errors returned. 

I found when you select all roms under a platform ... LB is very slow responding and when I went to change the emulator for all those roms it made LaunchBox unusable to the point had to re-install completely from a backup and delete the folder because just rebooting LB or re-verting back was still making it that LB was locking up and freezing. 

Strangely as well I never had a bsod with Win10 and after I update to 11.16 beta after system was idle for 10 mins or so I got a bsod on win 10. never had that ever happened before and only thing I did prior was install that update and had those issues happen. Since reverting back as a clean install no bsod since. Maybe not related but seems odd too me but worth mentioning it.

11.15 working just fine no bsod after idling as well. Thought why would that have anything to do with what happened but never know I guess and and thought possibly a hardware thing but never changed anything other than that update but who knows at least everything seems ok now. Whew! hahaha Good thing for backups on a external HD.

Edited by Krakerman

So I found out just now that whenever you have that error when trying to launch games that you can still do what @Retro808 suggests in selecting a different directory for what Emulator you have set, and then closing your editor to then go back and set it to the one you originally had. The alternative way I just found out is to just go in to edit your Emulator directory, but just click on the same one instead of switching back and forth on the directory. I tried this just now with Redream just by clicking on my Redream.exe where it already was, and Dreamcast is back to launching like it should. Not sure how long this will go for until maybe the next Beta fixes these issues since at times it feels you fix another one Emulator directory only to find the previous Emulator directory is back to not launching, but it really is quicker than switching back and forth on Emulator directories. Hope this helps everyone for all Platforms and Emulators though

Hey all, thanks for the reports and apologies for the issues you are finding. Most of them I think we have resolved internally but are testing changes. Hope to have another beta released soon to address these issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1