LaunchBox Community Forums

11.16 Beta Testing

faeran

Thanks everyone for helping test this beta.

Beta 2 is now out with the following fixes:

• Fixed - Correcting errors related to opening LaunchBox right after closing it
  • Fixed - Corrected various null reference exceptions (introduced in 11.16 beta 1)
  • Fixed - Correcting issue that caused several new lines to be added to strings (namely notes) with multiple returns in a row

We recommend that you restore your data folder from a backup in order to remove the extra lines that were added to your notes.

Please continue to report any beta related issues you may see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, faeran said:

Fixed - Correcting errors related to opening LaunchBox right after closing it

Should correct what you reported @MadK9

2 minutes ago, faeran said:
  • Fixed - Corrected various null reference exceptions (introduced in 11.16 beta 1)
  • Fixed - Correcting issue that caused several new lines to be added to strings (namely notes) with multiple returns in a row

Should correct issues reported by @bundangdon @4monty @RULLUR @Madman3001 @OhBoy @Retro808 (and maybe a few others I missed)

Would any or all of you be able to confirm that you are no longer seeing your reported issues in this version?

• Like 3

I haven't really tried everything yet, but seems no problems launching anything from what I have tried so far though. Still having issues with Clear Logos loading up, but I am trying to update the media in hopes that it's something corrupted on that end. I had a moment where MAME seemed to take a while and opened 2 windows to where I closed them both, and then the 2nd time I launched seemed fine, but some random moment while playing is when things went black and seen 2 windows again after I Alt+TABbed back. Not sure if this is either MAME or LaunchBox's fault, or if somehow I double-tapped and didn't know it to why 2 windows of MAME happened at both times

4 hours ago, C-Beats said:
4 hours ago, faeran said:

Fixed - Correcting errors related to opening LaunchBox right after closing it

Should correct what you reported

I no longer get an error, but now the popup doesn't fire, and just closes with no information on why or what happened.

5 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Should correct what you reported @MadK9

Should correct issues reported by @bundangdon @4monty @RULLUR @Madman3001 @OhBoy @Retro808 (and maybe a few others I missed)

Would any or all of you be able to confirm that you are no longer seeing your reported issues in this version?

Everything seems to be working okay now. Thanks a lot for the update!

21 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Not sure I'm following, can you elaborate?

I have the same problem, and it's random.
Sometimes the starting "popup screen" with the "progress bar" ends, and the application is not loaded. There is no message error.
Restarting the application works, sometime, sometimes not. It's unstable.

36 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

@MadK9 @PixelDragon Can you explain what you are doing to see this? Are we talking about opening another LaunchBox instance right after closing one, or something else?

I'm just starting the LaunchBox app, on Window 10, the "loading screen" with the "progress bar" appears, then at the end of the progress bar, the screen is closed, then I wait for the "start screen" from the app to appear, and sometimes it just doesn't appear.  So after 1 minutes or 2 I reclick on the Icon shortcut to start the app again (the "loading screen" with the "progress bar" appears again, I have no message saying me that an instance of the app is still running). And generally on the second try it works, the max was on the 3rd attempt. It can work on the first try, too.
I can also say that this bug appeared for me since the 11.15 version (Don't remember for sure, if it was after the reinstallation of it, since the 11.16 beta 1 was bugged, but I think it was clearly before).

Edited by PixelDragon

Do you have another instance already running but hidden in the system tray or no? Sounds quite a bit like the second instance is trying to open while the first instance is doing its "Save on Exit" logic and because the window is disposed already we can't switch to that process. Though we SHOULD be displaying a prompt saying something to that affect. I don't think this is directly related to the beta, but I will take a look and see what we can do to help make it more clear what is going on in those circumstances.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

@MadK9 @PixelDragon Can you explain what you are doing to see this? Are we talking about opening another LaunchBox instance right after closing one, or something else?

Yes, it used to show a warning screen when you try opening another instance of LB to quickly, and now it does nothing, its gone back to the way it was before that was added. I don't need the warning, just reporting that since this Beta cycle that warning popup is no longer showing up. I rolled back to 11.15 to try to get a screenshot, seems the crashing issue was there as well, i ended up having to roll back to 11.10 to get the screen to show up again, seems this has been m.i.a for awhile

image.png.6780747884758786fd866b8d1c48b077.png

Edited by MadK9

11.6 Beta 2  - Two Issues:

Issue 1:

Upon doing a doing a Restore Data Backup (made with 11.6 beta 2) I got the following error:

Capture2.thumb.PNG.0e4e4867b810454d8f18cddb5882c148.PNG

Then crashed when hit okay and would get this dialog box repeatedly until force closed LB:

Capture3.thumb.PNG.ccbf8545df8476692f49ef991966dcaf.PNG

Tried twice and left these behind in data directory.  

Capture4.thumb.PNG.2848497e6923f1c004a7a1596d98446d.PNG

Copied the files manually and worked fine.  Was then able to do data restore again after that and seemed to work (so wasn't a permission issue with drive/folder).  

This happened once before but doesn't seem to be consistently reproducible and suspect some data folder lock issue. 

Issue 2:

I think this has been the case before beta 2, but if you do Import - MAME Arcade Full Set and do not remove the LB entries within the MAME/Arcade Platform it will place duplicate entries in the controller support setup.  It will add another entry each time you do full set import.  Only way to fix (in mass) is to remove the platform entries before import, but any custom playlists for Arcade/MAME are removed in that case (if not auto populate).   Note this isn't the behavior to duplicate other fields such as Additional Apps/Names. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.d2f552480d357848f81ce32799629d03.PNG

When running beta 2, RPCS3 will not run for me. I hear a sound like a windows prompt, but LB is frozen and keyboard is about useless. Can't even do ALT>TAB. Have to kill LB process in the task manger. At first I thought it might be the AHK script I was using, so I removed it and had the same issue. Went back to 11.15 and all is working good again, even with my AHK script.

Anyone else having issues with the beta's and RPCS3?