LaunchBox Community Forums

11.18 Beta Testing

faeran

1 hour ago, Thornback said:

Ok, that's not all. Pause Screen no longer works either. Something is borked.

Reinstalling previous versions doesn't help - can I reset it somehow?

The 12.0 release has not caused any issues in this regard in our testing, so this sounds like an issue with your local collection. Make sure you haven't overridden the startup or pause screen settings on a game-specific level.

36 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

The 12.0 release has not caused any issues in this regard in our testing, so this sounds like an issue with your local collection. Make sure you haven't overridden the startup or pause screen settings on a game-specific level.

Would you know what might be causing this? It's as though startup, shut-down and pause themes have all stopped working simultaneously.  Never had an issue prior.

I'm restoring a back up image to hopefully fix it..

8 minutes ago, Thornback said:

Would you know what might be causing this? It's as though startup, shut-down and pause themes have all stopped working simultaneously.  Never had an issue prior.

I'm restoring a back up image to hopefully fix it..

If you can't solve the issue with your configuration, I'd recommend a new thread in the troubleshooting section. Hopefully, can get a bunch of suggestions there with more visibility.

Still having issues where EmuMovies wants to either act like there is no access or takes an extremely long time and doesn't download all media that has been selected on either database. I even had times where I clear the media using Remove All Images and download newer stuff via Download Media, and afterwards I'll see stuff I already deleted after I finished Editing that I have to go back a 2nd time and try again to where it actually removes what I wanted to be removed or downloads exactly what I wanted it to download correctly

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

So it looks like I'm finding out that if you mark a game as Broken on a Playlist, it won't stay marked as that. I tried several times for Air Race on the Atari Classics playlist, and never stayed marked

Not true. I just did so myself and it works as intended. Must be an isolated case.

I was in such a hurry today that I forgot to mention this issue happened to me in LaunchBox. My guess is this is fine with BigBox though? I know there have been cases in the past where something gets glitchy in LaunchBox, but not BigBox or the other way around

Okay, so it seems the issue with Playlists not being able to be marked as Broken and remain that way after Editing in LaunchBox is iffy because I'm doing some Capcom Classics, and all seems well. Now it seems to be an issue where after opening LaunchBox and right-clicking to Edit is when it takes forever to make the menu appear. I also have seem to notice that if you try and Edit a game while in the Platform Category of like Arcade instead of just being in Arcade the Platform itself is when it seems like issues connecting to EmuMovies for Media acts up? That, or by the time I decided to Edit from a different section just days later is when things maybe on the EmuMovies side have improved? All I know is things like I've been mentioning in this version at random either work and then not work or vise-versa in ways I can't seem to nail down why or explain it at the level of someone who codes things. I feel it's either all in timing or just they don't work all the time because of what section I'm trying to do something a certain way. All in all I'm trying to forward any slight issues I can in hopes those who know better how to fix it will understand what I mean so it won't be a problem anymore

So today I had a Bug Report pop up during the Downloading of the latest Metadata update in LaunchBox, and so after that I tried BigBox which seemed okay until it froze mid-scroll to crashing without any error popping up. It just got stuck for like a little close to 15secs, and back to the Desktop I was

Edited by RULLUR

4 hours ago, RULLUR said:

Restarted the PC, and went back to LaunchBox, and every time I Search for Metadata, I get this:

image.thumb.png.36ac02776ef432fb1dc6431757881d9a.pngimage.thumb.png.049af37c28c2d7e433895829e5dd5af1.png

Try going to your Launchbox/Metadata folder and deleting the metadata.xml while Launchbox is closed. Then open Launchbox and go to the hamburger menu, then help, and force update the metadata, and see if that solves your issue.

image.thumb.png.dd279c60a7bf36dd8dea54ee700f3374.png

• Thanks 1