LaunchBox Community Forums

11.18 Beta Testing

faeran

On 9/10/2021 at 5:49 PM, Rlad said:

Filter button still causing multiple crashes in Beta 3.

We have some code changes in place for the next beta release that should help alleviate these. I'll ping ya once beta 4 is out with those changes so you can confirm they are resolved.

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2021 at 4:14 PM, Retrofrogg said:

Just noticed this issue with the latest Beta. I've updated with each Beta and have not noticed this problem before.

For some platforms, any games that have line spaces between the text in the game details information (i.e. paragraphs), what were previously single lines have expanded to huge spaces of varying amounts of lines.

Funnily enough it's only affected 4 out of my 25 platforms - Arcade, Windows, NES and Genesis. I can't think of anything that ties these together - I've not done anything different with these platforms.

This problem has affected other users also. I made sure it was not theme-related by switching back to the default theme, but the problem persists.

Sounds like an issue related to beta 1 that has already been resolved.

Looks like I'm still having issues where whenever at times a new Beta comes around, I have to edit my Playlists back to showing up as Platforms by checking the box for it and renaming, and then linking the video for it all over again. Is there a way this can get fixed in the next Beta too? It's really a hassle they keep disappearing and have to fix them back each time

13 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

Looks like I'm still having issues where whenever at times a new Beta comes around, I have to edit my Playlists back to showing up as Platforms by checking the box for it and renaming, and then linking the video for it all over again. Is there a way this can get fixed in the next Beta too? It's really a hassle they keep disappearing and have to fix them back each time

The two things shouldn't be related but I can take a look into it. Not sure what video you are referring to but fairly certain I know the checkbox you are talking about in regard to making the playlist a platform.

2 hours ago, C-Beats said:

The two things shouldn't be related but I can take a look into it. Not sure what video you are referring to but fairly certain I know the checkbox you are talking about in regard to making the playlist a platform.

I'm talking about when you set a video path for when you want to have its own instead of having like a default one set for Arcade. That seems to reset itself along with whatever name the Playlist gets renamed to. Like I tend make the Sega S-TV and Cave playlists appear as a Platform, but once things reset in a new Beta at times, then it goes back to being called Arcade Sega S-TV and Arcade Cave with the video paths reset back to what I have for Arcade instead of the ones I set individual for Sega S-TV and Cave. Thing is all the other media such as Clear Logo, Banner, and Fanart remains as I have set them to even having their own Sega S-TV and Cave folders in the Platform Images section with the rest of the Platforms.

28 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

I'm talking about when you set a video path for when you want to have its own instead of having like a default one set for Arcade. That seems to reset itself along with whatever name the Playlist gets renamed to. Like I tend make the Sega S-TV and Cave playlists appear as a Platform, but once things reset in a new Beta at times, then it goes back to being called Arcade Sega S-TV and Arcade Cave with the video paths reset back to what I have for Arcade instead of the ones I set individual for Sega S-TV and Cave. Thing is all the other media such as Clear Logo, Banner, and Fanart remains as I have set them to even having their own Sega S-TV and Cave folders in the Platform Images section with the rest of the Platforms.

I've not been able to replicate that at all, next beta release will hopefully be out soon. Let me know if you see it there as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, C-Beats said:

I've not been able to replicate that at all, next beta release will hopefully be out soon. Let me know if you see it there as well.

Will do! Just seems at most like it unchecks the box where you make the Playlist appear as a Platform, and in result of that, then everything else disappears and resets itself to just being back to the default look of a Playlist

Another issue I've been having for the previous set of Betas about Importing is for some odd reason when you pick MAME as the Default for a Non-Arcade Platform, you end up having all the ROMs you selected together not showing up listed as if you never selected anything and skipped ahead. Found this out a while back when I was Importing some SNES for my Wife @Haydee while having MAME as her default emulator. Not sure why it does this, but it's such a pain to deal with since you actually can play Non-Arcade stuff on MAME these days, yet seems to get rejected during the Import as if it can't be played on MAME when it actually can. I can see if it was something like trying to set PCSX2 as the default for SNES stuff when we all know that's only for PS2 games, but this is MAME we're talking about here

50 minutes ago, RULLUR said:

this is MAME we're talking about here

This is true. However this particular [subset of] MAME is for softlists.  aka software lists or consoles.  Or if you want to go old school, MESS.  Fortunately/unfortunately this is not a new "issue".  LaunchBox doesn't directly 'support' (for a lack of better words) importing 'MESS'.  Mainly, searching the MAME hash files to get the proper naming for the roms (assuming you're using MAME softlist roms to use with actual MAME). 

It been on The Polls several times in the past to have the importing of MAME Software Lists incorporated into LB.  But due to lack of interest (of the LB Community. Not the Developer(s)), it keeps getting pushed off the list.

Depending on your romset, there are options for importing them.  If you're using a non-MAME set, where it's just the .sfc file (in the case of SNES) [or a zip file] that has the proper Name (i.e. "Madden NFL '94 (Europe).sfc"  [or .zip]), just chose a different emulator when importing. Then change it to MAME afterwards.  But be sure to select Super Nintendo Entertainment System in the Scrape As dropdown.  Not really "ideal", but works, in this imperfect world we live in.

What does seem to work a bit better....  If you have actual MAME softlist roms (i.e. madden94.zip), there is a plugin that was created by one of the forum members just for this purpose.  Granted it's not "officially" built into LaunchBox, but as I understand it, it works exceptionally well (though I don't really use it myself).  The author of the plugin is still fairly active in the LB/BB community, though hasn't updated it since June. But I'm thinking that's a "If it ain't broke......" kind of thing. :)    You can find the MAME Software List Import plugin here.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @JoeViking245 for shedding a bit more light on that. I actually did have to Import with a different emulator and then changed it over to MAME when I was doing that for my WIfe too. Hopefully things in time will be a bit more about making sure all works instead of what is popular. It really is a pain at times when someone has a preferred emulator that they feel is best for their setup to only be told by someone else to use something else that likely doesn't do so well with their setup, or even seems to refuse any further solution about getting a prefer emulator to work in full from things like fullscreen or getting it to close without an errors to hassle with either just because someone isn't doing things according to someone else's setup. There are times were RetroArch isn't gonna always be 100% what someone needs, so some of us do MAME or something else instead, especially once MESS became part of it even thought I still have yet to know all the commands and everything to see it run everything it fully can. I'm still trying some lesser known, but high accuracy emulation too that I have yet to really know how to properly get set to work perfectly with LaunchBox, but hope in due time we can get it all figured out in full like Mesen-S, arese, BGB, and the list goes on.

Hi Everyone,

Beta 4 has now been released with the following:

• New Feature: LaunchBox's game-specific background image can now be disabled (Found in LaunchBox Options > Visuals > Backgrounds)
  • New Feature: You can now use the Clean Up Media tool for a single platform (Community Poll feature)
  • Improvement: LaunchBox should more accurately determine a ROM's region based on its filename
  • Improvement: EmuMovies downloads are now downloaded last to allow them to continuously download and avoid session timeout errors
  • Fixed: Rare errors while downloading Steam media
  • Fixed: Importing arcade games with the ROM Import Wizard was not always obeying the "Force Use MAME Metadata" option (introduced in 11.9)
  • Fixed: On some systems, starting Big Box into a platforms or filters view was not properly playing background videos on first load
  • Fixed: Rare error when editing the RetroArch emulator in LaunchBox if no cores were missing
  • Fixed: On rare occasions, changing the selected game too quickly in LaunchBox would cause the game details loading to hang
  • Fixed: The prompt upon completion of media downloads was sometimes appearing more than once
  • Fixed: Steam games rated 17+ were causing errors with the import

As always, thanks for the help with testing the betas.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Filter still causing crashes.

Spoiler

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.18-beta-4
Type:    System.IndexOutOfRangeException
Site:    System.Windows.LocalValueEnumerator GetLocalValueEnumerator()
Source:  WindowsBase

at System.Windows.DependencyObject.GetLocalValueEnumerator()
   at System.Windows.TreeWalkHelper.InvalidateResourceReferences(DependencyObject d, ResourcesChangeInfo info)
   at System.Windows.TreeWalkHelper.OnResourcesChanged(DependencyObject d, ResourcesChangeInfo info, Boolean raiseResourceChangedEvent)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnAncestorChangedInternal(TreeChangeInfo parentTreeState)
   at System.Windows.TreeWalkHelper.OnAncestorChanged(DependencyObject d, TreeChangeInfo info, Boolean visitedViaVisualTree)
   at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1._VisitNode(DependencyObject d, Boolean visitedViaVisualTree)
   at MS.Internal.PrePostDescendentsWalker`1._VisitNode(DependencyObject d, Boolean visitedViaVisualTree)
   at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1.WalkLogicalChildren(FrameworkElement feParent, FrameworkContentElement fceParent, IEnumerator logicalChildren)
   at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1.WalkFrameworkElementLogicalThenVisualChildren(FrameworkElement feParent, Boolean hasLogicalChildren)
   at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1.IterateChildren(DependencyObject d)
   at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1._VisitNode(DependencyObject d, Boolean visitedViaVisualTree)
   at MS.Internal.PrePostDescendentsWalker`1._VisitNode(DependencyObject d, Boolean visitedViaVisualTree)
   at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1.WalkLogicalChildren(FrameworkElement feParent, FrameworkContentElement fceParent, IEnumerator logicalChildren)
   at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1.WalkFrameworkElementLogicalThenVisualChildren(FrameworkElement feParent, Boolean hasLogicalChildren)
   at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1.IterateChildren(DependencyObject d)
   at System.Windows.DescendentsWalker`1.StartWalk(DependencyObject startNode, Boolean skipStartNode)
   at MS.Internal.PrePostDescendentsWalker`1.StartWalk(DependencyObject startNode, Boolean skipStartNode)
   at System.Windows.TreeWalkHelper.InvalidateOnTreeChange(FrameworkElement fe, FrameworkContentElement fce, DependencyObject parent, Boolean isAddOperation)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.ChangeLogicalParent(DependencyObject newParent)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.AddLogicalChild(Object child)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Popup.OnChildChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Popup.CreateRootPopupInternal(Popup popup, UIElement child, Boolean bindTreatMousePlacementAsBottomProperty)
   at System.Windows.Controls.ContextMenu.HookupParentPopup()
   at System.Windows.Controls.ContextMenu.OnIsOpenChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(EntryIndex entryIndex, DependencyProperty dp, PropertyMetadata metadata, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, PropertyMetadata metadata, Boolean coerceWithDeferredReference, Boolean coerceWithCurrentValue, OperationType operationType, Boolean isInternal)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
   at System.Windows.Controls.ContextMenu.set_IsOpen(Boolean value)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass87_1.MoveTransactionIssuer(Object , Boolean )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass87_1.AddInvalidBase()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.LogoutTransactionalRepository(Object , Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass87_0.ListTransactionInvocation(Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass87_0.CloneInvalidBase()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CompareAspectState()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

23:28:36 Exception

6 hours ago, faeran said:

Hi Everyone,

Beta 4 has now been released with the following:

• New Feature: LaunchBox's game-specific background image can now be disabled (Found in LaunchBox Options > Visuals > Backgrounds)

Thank you so much for adding this! I've been waiting for this feature to be implemented for a really really long time. Better late than never😁