LaunchBox Community Forums

11.18 Beta Testing

faeran

On 9/2/2021 at 10:08 PM, faeran said:

Beta 2 is out now with the following changes:

• Improvement: Added Complete, Favorite, and Installed fields to the new filter button
  • Fixed: The filter button's "Save to Playlist" feature should now work with all sidebar drop-down filters
  • Fixed: Added the new filter button to the "Old Default" theme

can the The new Filter Button save to playlist place the new created playlist directly into the platform which is currently highlighted? for example: I am in Nintendo Wii Platform, choose favourites --> save playlist. now I cannot find the playlist or I have to make many clicks to put the playlists directly into the platform. 

5 hours ago, Chris Kant said:

can the The new Filter Button save to playlist place the new created playlist directly into the platform which is currently highlighted? for example: I am in Nintendo Wii Platform, choose favourites --> save playlist. now I cannot find the playlist or I have to make many clicks to put the playlists directly into the platform. 

It currently cannot. You have to set its location in the "Parents" folder when LB opens up the Edit Playlist window.

9 hours ago, Rlad said:

Im getting controller info added again sometimes while editing.

Screenshot 2021-09-05 163149.png

Been meaning to state that I too have been coming across this issue. Not sure what makes it do that either because it doesn't happen every time you Edit or merge titles, but like every now and then. I had it happen more often during my Atari 2600 stuff, but happened way less on everything else like SNES or Genesis. I thought sometimes it had to do with untagging and retagging the Metadata and then removing all the media just to scrape for newer media to a title after merging, but even that is not always the case it seems

Edited by RULLUR

BigBox seems to not remember what wheel you were last in if say your in a platform and move the wheel to a specific game and exit BB when you re-launch BB it will go back to the previous game however if you move the wheel to a specific game and exit back to the platform wheel and then exit BB it will remember what wheel game wheel you where last on.

Yes the settings are set correctly to remember. Happens with BannerBox v2.1 theme but have not tested other themes to see if I get the same results. Granted I have not used BigBox a whole bunch so this maybe been happening for awhile or how it's supposed to work but I would think no matter what wheel inside a platform I was on and exit BigBox it should remember that specific game I was on last regardless and not have to exit the game wheel back to the platforms wheel for it to remember.

Anyways guys keep up the great work! 

Edited by Krakerman

3 hours ago, Krakerman said:

BigBox seems to not remember what wheel you were last in if say your in a platform and move the wheel to a specific game and exit BB when you re-launch BB it will go back to the previous game however if you move the wheel to a specific game and exit back to the platform wheel and then exit BB it will remember what wheel game wheel you where last on.

Yes the settings are set correctly to remember. Happens with BannerBox v2.1 theme but have not tested other themes to see if I get the same results. Granted I have not used BigBox a whole bunch so this maybe been happening for awhile or how it's supposed to work but I would think no matter what wheel inside a platform I was on and exit BigBox it should remember that specific game I was on last regardless and not have to exit the game wheel back to the platforms wheel for it to remember.

Anyways guys keep up the great work! 

I have something sort of similar to this happening whenever go to the games list after picking the Platform. Seems like if I have various versions of a game and leave out I will then return to it being the 2nd listed version of that game when I left it at the first game listed. Not sure why it does that though, but all I know is it's not how I left it.

I know sometimes it goes back to a Platform you first opened BigBox at times if you close it off all wrong instead of exiting properly instead of the Platform you were on when you closed it off wrongly, but odd to know that's happening to someone who makes the proper exit from BigBox though

26 minutes ago, sevenalive said:

The release notes popup window for the betas never have the updated release notes until the beta is close to complete. I have to check for forums for the beta changes because the changelog popup is always outdated (showing stable release notes).

An option to disable the popup perm would be nice as I always update and always run beta. A silent auto update option before it launches would be superb (auto dl/install)

Please keep feature requests out of beta threads. All feature requests should be done using the “Feature Request” button located at the top of the forum under “Help & Support”. 

27 minutes ago, sevenalive said:

I thought it was relevant since it's technically only a beta issue and it's only a 1 sentence issue. (update beta changelog with actual beta changes)

I did do that initially but then got lazy when I had to make a new account (why still using bitbucket over gitlab or github, eww), hit back then came here to post about it when I decided to also throw in another beta pain point, no auto updates.

We do appreciate the requests, but it is a feature request and not actually related to the beta updates that were released. We have been having way too many unnecessary posts so beta threads should be used for providing feedback relative to the actual updates in the specific betas (is a new feature working, did something break, etc...). We are trying to ensure the devs do not have to weed through anything not actually related to what they released so they can quickly see the feedback. Also tracking feature requests in posts is not easy so the bitbucket is the best avenue.

Just got another error mid filtering.

Spoiler

Index was outside the bounds of the array.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 11.18-beta-2
Type:    System.IndexOutOfRangeException
Site:    MS.Utility.FrugalObjectList`1[System.Windows.DependencyProperty] CreateParentInheritableProperties(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.DependencyObject, Boolean)
Source:  PresentationFramework

at System.Windows.TreeChangeInfo.CreateParentInheritableProperties(DependencyObject d, DependencyObject parent, Boolean isAddOperation)
   at System.Windows.TreeChangeInfo..ctor(DependencyObject root, DependencyObject parent, Boolean isAddOperation)
   at System.Windows.TreeWalkHelper.InvalidateOnTreeChange(FrameworkElement fe, FrameworkContentElement fce, DependencyObject parent, Boolean isAddOperation)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.ChangeLogicalParent(DependencyObject newParent)
   at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.RemoveLogicalChild(Object child)
   at MS.Internal.Controls.InnerItemCollectionView.ClearModelParent(Object item)
   at MS.Internal.Controls.InnerItemCollectionView.Add(Object item)
   at System.Windows.Controls.ItemCollection.Add(Object newItem)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.ContentViewModelBase.<>c__DisplayClass59_0.SelectRemoteContext(Object , Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.ContentViewModelBase.<>c__DisplayClass59_0.LoginIterableMapping()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeDelegateCore()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Wait(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherOperation operation, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority, CancellationToken cancellationToken, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.DefineStatelessProcess(Object , Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.Invoke(Action callback, DispatcherPriority priority)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.ContentViewModelBase.SearchSupportedPrinter(Object , DispatcherPriority )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.ContentViewModelBase.AddMenuItem(ItemsControl itemsControl, String text, String wpfResourcesName, String shortcutText, Boolean isEnabled, RoutedEventHandler clickHandler, Boolean isChecked, Boolean staysOpenOnClick)
   at DescriptorContainer.CreateSupportedAuthentication(ItemsControl itemsControl, String text, String wpfResourcesName, String shortcutText, Boolean isEnabled, RoutedEventHandler clickHandler, Boolean isChecked, Boolean staysOpenOnClick, DescriptorContainer )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Desktop.ViewModels.SideBarViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass87_0.AssetIterableObject()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.CloneConcreteReg(Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.Threading.<>c__DisplayClass0_0.AssetCompositeCandidate()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

Recent Log:

17:10:31 Exception

Hey all, beta 3 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: Added a RandomGame property bind to Platform and Filter views within Big Box for theme developers
  • New Feature: Marquee Image Group has been added
  • New Feature: Marquee video type has been added
  • New Feature: Big Box Marquee Views have been overhauled to help with custom theme support
  • Improvement: Theme developers can now use videos in Marquee Views via the FlowVideo control
  • Improvement: FlowVideo now has a VideoHeight and VideoWidth property that gives devs the size of the video being played
  • Fixed: Errors thrown during Steam Import when importing media
  • Fixed: FlowVideo now correctly changes video when it's DataContext updates
  • Fixed: Epic Games import error due to new API requirements from Epic Games
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Unusual Gem 1

39 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Hey all, beta 3 is out now with the following:

• New Feature: Marquee Image Group has been added
  • New Feature: Marquee video type has been added
  • New Feature: Big Box Marquee Views have been overhauled to help with custom theme support
  • Improvement: Theme developers can now use videos in Marquee Views via the FlowVideo control

Excited to see these. Now time to fix some Marquee views and finish up other ones. Main thing I wanted was the image group.

• Like 2

Caught a Bug error whenever I clicked the filter icon that suggested I restart LaunchBox, so I tried to close it off with no luck to where I had to End Task instead. I waited a while and opened BigBox to "The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434352) occurred in the application of location 0x00007F92FEC4ED9." popping up as a LaunchBox.exe - Application Error on top of the startup screen. Not sure wholelse has came across these errors either, but hope a quick fix is bound to come. Other than that, I have yet to come across issues within BigBox, but will let you know later on if I do

Edited by RULLUR

9 hours ago, BlackSol said:

Finally a proper random game selector for Big Box?

Just so we are clear, that feature is not a button in any menu that selects a random game in your collection. This is a binding that theme devs can use in platform and filter views to display information and images about a random game in the selected platform/filter.

LB freezing / unable to close have to end task.  As you can see you can not click on games or the main menu.  if you right click on a game it still brings up the options screen but everything is grayed out except Add / Image Group.

lb 11.18b3 error.PNG

lb 11.18b3 error-process.PNG

Edited by dbalcar
added more context

6 hours ago, dbalcar said:

LB freezing / unable to close have to end task.  As you can see you can not click on games or the main menu.  if you right click on a game it still brings up the options screen but everything is grayed out except Add / Image Group.

lb 11.18b3 error.PNG

lb 11.18b3 error-process.PNG

So it appears to happen when the startup box does not show up.  Like that process is stuck or something.  if I kill the LB process and restart it will work and the startup box will show then if you do a few more times it freezes like the pics above and not show the startup box.

Just noticed this issue with the latest Beta. I've updated with each Beta and have not noticed this problem before.

For some platforms, any games that have line spaces between the text in the game details information (i.e. paragraphs), what were previously single lines have expanded to huge spaces of varying amounts of lines.

Funnily enough it's only affected 4 out of my 25 platforms - Arcade, Windows, NES and Genesis. I can't think of anything that ties these together - I've not done anything different with these platforms.

This problem has affected other users also. I made sure it was not theme-related by switching back to the default theme, but the problem persists.