LaunchBox Community Forums

11.18 Beta Testing

faeran

12 minutes ago, bbweiners said:

Hey guys,

I'm still seeing the issue where if you import a game, after it finishes importing, you manually change the metadata (as of present I've tried genre and rating) sometimes some of your images will be deleted for that game. This does not affect any images you have manually added.

Thanks!

Only thing that affects the image save logic (other than the controls in the image page) is the games Title or Platform, so not sure why you would be seeing that. You always seen this happen or this new to the beta?

3 minutes ago, dbalcar said:

I am getting a LB crash and then this error report.  So far has happened about 3 times.

204262244_LBerror.thumb.PNG.329ca60fbdef3dc1ab7a4d317d692e6e.PNG

Typically this is caused by an issue with you video card and rendering DirectX. Always best to make sure you're video drivers are up to date when seeing this.

19 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Only thing that affects the image save logic (other than the controls in the image page) is the games Title or Platform, so not sure why you would be seeing that. You always seen this happen or this new to the beta?

I've noticed it since either the last beta or the one before.

I would then try to run Command Prompt as administrator and run the following command "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) and let that process run, then restart your computer, and see if that fixes it. It basically scans your computer's system files and make sure nothing is corrupted and corrects any corruptions it finds. We've seen that help fix that error in the past as well.

Hi everyone,

12.0 beta 2 is now live with the following changes:

• New Feature: Marquee's now have an IsActive binding theme developers can use (binding will change when a game is/is not running)
  • Improvement - Marquee videos can now play audio when Big Box is active (they will mute when it isn't)
  • Improvement - Add/Edit Additional Application now uses Dialog Theming (dark mode)
  • Improvement - Add/Edit Emulator has been reworked to look more like Add/Edit Game
  • Fixed: Add/Edit Game window will now trim any trailing or leading spaces from string fields
  • Fixed: Drag and dropping images to Add/Edit Game window, when you don't have any images already, is working again (introduced in 12.0 beta 1)
  • Fixed: Added logic to restart the image queue if you get a 404 error (introduced in 11.18 beta 4)
  • Fixed: Can now right click anywhere in the Add/Edit Games Notes to get the Copy/Paste menu (introduced in 12.0 beta 1)

As always, please report any issues with the beta here, and thanks for your help in testing LaunchBox.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, faeran said:

Fixed: Drag and dropping images to Add/Edit Game window, when you don't have any images already, is working again (introduced in 12.0 beta 1)

@MadK9 @Rlad Can I get one of you to confirm this is fixed for you?

5 hours ago, faeran said:

Fixed: Can now right click anywhere in the Add/Edit Games Notes to get the Copy/Paste menu (introduced in 12.0 beta 1)

@The Papaw Can you confirm this is fixed for you?

7 hours ago, C-Beats said:
12 hours ago, faeran said:

Fixed: Drag and dropping images to Add/Edit Game window, when you don't have any images already, is working again (introduced in 12.0 beta 1)

@MadK9 @Rlad Can I get one of you to confirm this is fixed for you?

@C-Beats Did a quick test and seems to be back to normal, also checked the right click in notes and that also seemed to fine.

Thanks again.

Edited by MadK9

5 hours ago, Krakerman said:

menu still screwed up. Lot of the plugins config options get cutoff. Reverting back 11.18-beta 4 fixed it. Like I said before it's like the new menu spacing is off or too big noticeable difference.

Think you can snap a pic of what you're referring to? I didn't think the new context menus sizes were changed at all with the new dark theme so be curious to see what you're seeing. Also what screen resolution / scaling are you running?

Another issue I had tonight was in BigBox using BannerBox theme and could not exit. I launched an emulator and exited back to BannerBox and could scroll thru the games for that system but could not exit back to top menu no matter how many times I pressed the ESC key or held it in did nothing. Reverted back to 11.18-beta 4 and tested and works just fine.

Edited by Krakerman

I am testing the theme of putting videos on the marquee, and I have a strange behavior.

If I put a video in the platform marquee for example, and this is always played on monitor one, every time I change platform it plays perfectly, but if I configure the marquee as monitor two, when I change platform I have a delay of about 2/3 seconds before the video starts to play smoothly.

I'm testing with the latest Beta 12.2

Seems the issue with EmuMovies is still happening. Like now instead of it taking forever for files to connect to their server and download all the way before breaking connection and failing to do all that was checked, it now has turned into saying that EmuMovies doesn't have that Platform available. Seems also with Importing games, the process of media being downloaded is slowly taking hours to do instead of somewhere of less than an hour or 2 on a whole set for a Platform containing about 1,300 games and still having errors in the process. Feels like 15-30Secs or even a Minute just for one piece of media to get downloaded at a time.

• Like 2

A few minor items I've noticed in v12.0 beta 2:

• When downloading media for an individual game, the LB DB no longer populates first while waiting for the EmuMovies list of media
    • It doesn't show the list of media for either until it queries both LB and EmuMovies.
  • When adding an associated platform to Retroarch in the "Managed Emulators" section, it no longer auto-populates the platform name based on your current platforms
    • Previously, you could type a letter and it would list the current platforms that started with that letter
  • In the "Managed Emulators" section, Retroarch associated platforms show as "Missing Core File" even if the core exists and is installed