LaunchBox Community Forums

12.8 Beta Testing

faeran

Not sure about anyone else, but seems after a while the performance boost of BigBox and LaunchBox has started to slow down to where games on LaunchBox show up blank for a bit as if there isn't more there than there actually is until it finally decided to show up after waiting a bit, and then BigBox has went back to sort of lagging between transitions that I have to try and set to another type of transition on what part seems to stutter a bit with only that being helpful for a short amount of time, I always use Default Themes, so if you want to know which one, then that would be it

Edited by RULLUR

Beta 2 is now out with the following changes:

• New Feature: Inside of the MAME Full Set importer you can filter games by CHD requirement and input type (Poll Item #4)
  • New Feature: Inside of the MAME Full Set importer you can prioritize 2 or 4 player variants
  • New Feature: Inside of the MAME Full Set importer you can create playlists for games that require a CHD as well as vertically orientated games
  • Fixed: Right-Clicking a game in List View will now select the game before displaying the context menu (introduced in 12.7)
  • Fixed: Issue where pressing OK in Edit Game would leave the controls view buttons disabled (introduced in beta 1)
  • Fixed: Changed the time-out of EmuMovies media downloads from 5 to 10s (introduced in beta 1)
  • Fixed: The total number of media downloads being displayed should now be more accurate
  • Fixed: The Download Media string was incorrectly changed (introduced in beta 1)
  • Improved error strings during downloads to make it more clear what caused the error
  • Like 7

On 2/12/2022 at 7:48 AM, Benuno said:

Small bug I've noticed: After editing a game entry, the play/edit button are greyed out until you switch to another title.

This should be corrected in beta 2. Could you upgrade when you get the chance and confirm for us you see it corrected as well?

22 hours ago, The Mask said:

This applies to any version. But when using touchscreen device, trying to scroll up or down with a finger flick while on the highlighted item results in going into that item instead of scrolling the wheel.

Big Box doesn't have touch screen support at this time so this makes sense. You can upvote the touchscreen support ticket we have here though.

• Like 3

Not sure if anyone reported this, but scraping should stick in the database within the platform, for example: i am adding Solitaire for the Wii then the database should only scrape the Wii version of Solitaire and not display any other platform even if it exists on another platform, right now, i have Solitaire for Nintendo DS as a Wii game and so on, i have to remove it from the database, manually choosing the Wii version, delete the images then scrape the right images, while this can be avoided if the scraper server will ignore other platforms when importing, i have found about 40 games for Nintendo DS even though they are for Nintendo Wii, 

Regards,

Another small annoyance, not a bug if you create a platform let's say Nintendo WiiWare and scrape it as Wii, when selecting from the Wii database, the platform should change as WiiWare and not Wii, i have to manually change them right now, just something i noticed :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SqHd said:

Hi. I was wondering if there was a way to generate the Mame vertical and CHD playlists separate from the full import. I already have Mame / Arcade set up, but would like to add the 2 playlists. Thx!

There used to be a options in the tools menu to "create missing mame playlists" but having a look know it seems that, that feature went missing after the menu reshuffle and is no longer available.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

There used to be a options in the tools menu to "create missing mame playlists" but having a look know it seems that, that feature went missing after the menu reshuffle and is no longer available.

It's there but you need to be in Platform Category view (which isn't a change, it's always been like that to my knowledge). That being said at this point that hasn't been added to that menu. We could take a look at potentially adding it there.

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2022 at 11:17 AM, Retrofrogg said:

MAME playlist for vertical games, woo! More importantly, will it make one for horizontal ones too?

Not at this time. Horizontal games are games NOT in the vertical playlist and so unsure why you would want both. If you are looking to filter by that value you can always go to the vert playlist and add a Orientation custom field, and then use the various filters against that field.

10 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

Not at this time. Horizontal games are games NOT in the vertical playlist and so unsure why you would want both.

I'm not sure if I've been understood. Horizontal games are not in the vertical playlist - that makes sense of course! I'm presuming that the vertical playlist is a list of all the MAME games that used a vertical monitor orientation. I would also like a similar list but for horizontal games. Why would you have one without the other?

3 minutes ago, Retrofrogg said:

I'm not sure if I've been understood. Horizontal games are not in the vertical playlist - that makes sense of course! I'm presuming that the vertical playlist is a list of all the MAME games that used a vertical monitor orientation. I would also like a similar list but for horizontal games. Why would you have one without the other?

All the games not in the Vertical playlist would be in the horizontal one though, cause if its not vertical, what is it? So you could just create a playlist using all games in mame, while excluding the vertical ones, and there is your horizontal playlist.