LaunchBox Community Forums

12.8 Beta Testing

faeran

On 2/14/2022 at 1:25 PM, faeran said:

Are you are referring to going into Edit Game  > Media and trying to delete the clear logo from there? If so, it sounds like some kind of permission issue there that I haven't been able to replicate, but we'll see if anything can be done.

I can confirm this issue; I've been working on a new theme for awhile that uses game and platform logo's as an Fanart overlay in the Details panel. It occasionally happens (not always) and it feels like some images are temporary 'locked' when editing. I can usually work around it by selecting a different game with the Details panel open, then close the Details panel and then select and edit the first game again. Usually that works but sometimes it doesn't. Also restarting LaunchBox (and keeping the Details panel closed) will resolve the issue on my end.

On 2/14/2022 at 1:25 PM, faeran said:

Glad your excited, but they are minor changes that include the ability to move the hamburger menu to other views and a property for the VirtualizingTilePanel that will attempt to uniform rows with dynamic box sizes while in image view.

Good to hear, it there anywhere we can find example code or documentation?

1 minute ago, shadowfire said:

Good to hear, it there anywhere we can find example code or documentation?

Both Faeran and I have themes that should be dropping the same time as 12.8 that will offer examples of most of the changes. We don't have documentation right now for LaunchBox theming but are getting to the point that there is enough converters and functionality it may make sense to get that started.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was doing a new build using 12.8.2. I was importing a platform and it was downloading from emu, I closed LB and it isn't resuming any more when I re-open it.

UPDATED: Well, after opening it a couple times, I went ahead and was going to run finish downloading the media using the Download Missing Media feature, and it triggered it O.o

Edited by The Papaw

Looks like the issue where you edit a game you merged and it tells you that you have too many controllers is still around. I even had a version of PAC-MAN for Atari 2600 that I kept deleting the Controllers on the list, but none of them went away. I ended up having to delete the game from LaunchBox and Import them back in again just to give a clean slate

Beta 3 is out with the following:

• Improvement: Games that need installed by the Epic Games client will now take you to the installation options when played (instead of an error screen)
  • Fixed: The ROM Import Wizard was not updating the emulator page when going back to change the selected platform
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, The Papaw said:

I really wish the sort could be fixed / added to this.

So when you are importing game like Xbox, you could just click on the Extension Title and it would sort them by file type. You could delete the unwanted files so much easier. Hint, hint....:P

Untitled.thumb.png.e65817055a37f7fb949a27f811019c7f.png

Just do the search in Windows File explorer and then drag the files to LaunchBox and import them

Been messing with the beta release.

Tried to get the front box art from Gameboy Advance games using EmuMovies as the source, it is set to only download a single image of the type and it appears to ignore that limitation when downloading from them. Keeps downloading 2 front box images from them instead.

Off topic but...

Definitely love the faster downloads though but whoever uploaded a lot of the Launchbox images for GBA seems to have just taken the EmuMovies version of them and slightly stretched them with sometimes a slight color tweak and reuploaded them. Things look a little off when you look at them with people seeming to be fatter but not majorly noticeable except when you see them all laid out in front of you and the boxes have different sizes for them to be really noticeable when you download copies from the other server and compare them against. The Launchbox version does have more versions for games that emumovies misses or at least their server does though.

9 hours ago, Fugus said:

Been messing with the beta release.

Tried to get the front box art from Gameboy Advance games using EmuMovies as the source, it is set to only download a single image of the type and it appears to ignore that limitation when downloading from them. Keeps downloading 2 front box images from them instead.oes though.

I have this issue as well. Also, when using the Update Media feature, trying to download video snaps for Arcade, it downloads 50-100 or so, then it hangs, I have to close LB and re-open to get it going again. With beta 3 it is resuming now when I re-open LB. I left it running all night and it only downloaded around 100 videos. After restarting LB, it downloaded that many in a few minutes. (media is stored on a mapped drive and haven't tried it with media stored on local drive)

If it is of any help, it does seem to hang after I get an error or two, but not really sure

Edited by The Papaw

Okay, got down to the last 88 video snaps, then it hung after last one and never finished the process. I closed LB, and re-opened it. It starts downloading the same 88 videos again and never finishes. It won't allow me to cancel either.

Now my LB is stuck in a constant loop. >:(O.o

Debug 2022-02-27 04-48-01 AM.log

HOW do I get LB out of this loop?

Edited by The Papaw
added log file

Yeah, the media download is really messed up right now. Got 682 NES roms. When I hit update telling it to only download a single box front and only from Launchbox while skipping emumovies for anything.

It downloaded 699 covers and even skipped a few games. But all the game images started with the 02 suffix at the end and went up from there. Some images had 2 or more pictures with increasing numbers some had images with the same number with 1 in png format while the other jpg.

Maybe the multithreads are both trying to pull art for the same game and so they each pulled a different image even if they weren't supposed to? No clue, but the art downloads are messed up at the moment.

Edit: Also, it wants to detect the US NES Maniac Mansion as the Famicom version of it in the database but just have to reset it manually and it's good.
Edit again: And it detects Earthbound Beginnings as Mother which would make sense except the database has an entry for Earthbound Beginnings.
Edit yet again: Also, cleaning the directories doesn't remove the extra pictures either.

Edit yet, yet again: If I download media on a single game at a time, it works right (But also downloads all of any type I choose) but the media does get the 01 suffix at the end.

Tried the group downloader on 3 different systems, it didn't work correctly on any one of them. So yeah, the media scraper is messed up on the current beta. Will wait till the next release to retry downloading the images.

As suggested on bitbucket, PLEASE change it where the media is named after the rom name without any suffix for the first media.

Edited by Fugus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Beta 4 is out with the following:

• Improvement - A few extra theme developer tools were added for LaunchBox Themes
  • Fixed: Incorrect suffix could be applied to media files
  • Fixed: Media limit setting was being bypassed under certain conditions

Thanks everyone for your help with this release. We are looking to wrap up our internal testing, and depending on how it goes, have an official release out this week.

• Like 9