LaunchBox Community Forums

4 hours ago, Mach_10 said:

Hi @faeran, great theme, love using it. One quirk I have with it is that the size of the box art doesn't seem to get saved when I restart Launchbox. I'm working on 800p resolution so the standard picture sizes are too small. I always have to resize them manually each time I start the app. Any ideas what could be wrong here? Thanks in advance!

Thanks @Mach_10. Just know that themes don't control the saving of image grid sizes, that's just LaunchBox. The saving process happens when you close LaunchBox.

Things to keep in mind:

• Closing LaunchBox to the system tray won't save these settings, you will have to close LaunchBox completely.
  • If you have LaunchBox open in the system tray, and restart your computer, you could potentially lose some settings, as it will end up force closing LaunchBox.
  • Running LaunchBox as an admin could cause saving issues.
  • Changing your box size and then changing your LB Theme won't save the image size.

Really, it just comes down to that if you are not seeing settings saved, then there's something stopping LaunchBox from accessing your Data settings file to make the save after LaunchBox has been closed.

11 hours ago, faeran said:

Thanks @Mach_10. Just know that themes don't control the saving of image grid sizes, that's just LaunchBox. The saving process happens when you close LaunchBox.

Things to keep in mind:

• Closing LaunchBox to the system tray won't save these settings, you will have to close LaunchBox completely.
  • If you have LaunchBox open in the system tray, and restart your computer, you could potentially lose some settings, as it will end up force closing LaunchBox.
  • Running LaunchBox as an admin could cause saving issues.
  • Changing your box size and then changing your LB Theme won't save the image size.

Really, it just comes down to that if you are not seeing settings saved, then there's something stopping LaunchBox from accessing your Data settings file to make the save after LaunchBox has been closed.

Thanks, this helped. I disabled Close to tray and that saved the setting after closing.

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, e2zippo said:

Awesome theme! Is there any way to change the background image to use existing banners instead of the cover?

That background uses your background image priorities to pick what image is there. Go to Tools > Options > Image Priorities > Background Priorities and change your settings there appropriately.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

That background uses your background image priorities to pick what image is there. Go to Tools > Options > Image Priorities > Background Priorities and change your settings there appropriately.

Thanks, default settings seems to be sufficient :)

Hi @faeran, I have written this myself in the download file for this theme but I think this is the place to talk about theme suggestions.

Could you consider adding a small button at the top to be able to hide or show the game information?

I see that the possibility of showing the icons when hovering over the games has disappeared and sometimes I would like to be able to see a greater number of games at the same time by hiding the game information at the top.

Apart from this, another thing that I think would be positive is the possibility of displaying long game titles on 2 lines. This is something that I have seen that implements the Steamy theme allowing to fully read the name of the games with a long title and not cutting with (...)

I think that with these two improvements it would definitely be the best theme ever created for LaunchBox in my opinion.

Thank you very much for your great work and everything you contribute to this community.

A hug.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @faeran! This is my favorite custom theme, by far. 

Just a quick question, not sure why mine is showing up like this when in List View? See screenshot. No issues with Images View.

Also, how can I get the font smaller like in your screenshot? Sorry in advance if it's something obvious, just purchased LaunchBox yesterday!

1905720458_Screenshot2022-05-12213802.thumb.png.773b32e4b880eb5c11afe4fadae355f5.png

17 minutes ago, Acethor said:

Hi @faeran! This is my favorite custom theme, by far. 

Just a quick question, not sure why mine is showing up like this when in List View? See screenshot. No issues with Images View.

Also, how can I get the font smaller like in your screenshot? Sorry in advance if it's something obvious, just purchased LaunchBox yesterday!

1905720458_Screenshot2022-05-12213802.thumb.png.773b32e4b880eb5c11afe4fadae355f5.png

You have way more columns displayed than can reasonably fit, right click the upper letters (the column headers) and uncheck items until you get to a number of columns that you can actually read/use

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

You have way more columns displayed than can reasonably fit, right click the upper letters (the column headers) and uncheck items until you get to a number of columns that you can actually read/use

I didn't even realize you could right click, lol. Thanks man! Any idea about the font size or does that have to do with my PC resolution?

Just now, Acethor said:

I didn't even realize you could right click, lol. Thanks man! Any idea about the font size or does that have to do with my PC resolution?

Could be a resolution/scaling setting. Could also be your options are set slightly different as I believe this theme uses the font size options in Tools > Options > Visuals > Main Window Theme > Fonts

• 1 month later...

This is by far the sleekest LB-theme out there to date and I have use since you released it. Thanks for the great work!
I wish there were a few options to tweak the theme but I give you max PIGGY's anyway!

🐷 🐷 🐷 🐷 🐷

Edited by gantraz

Hi @faeran, love this theme.

I use launchbox mainly to find what images and metadata are missing so i can get a complete database for Bigbox.   This theme is almost perfect  for what i need as its got a lot of things on the screen at once,but i wondered how i can change the top banner view to have the overview and media on the same tab with a clearlogo on it as well and for that to display as the home?

I made a quick mockup of how i want to get it.

mockup.thumb.png.2576da48d43396cee88416d2c7d3d11b.png

Also I'd  like to remove the showing of badges so there isnt such a big empty gap between the boxes where i have circled.

Thanks

Edit: I forgot to ask, what are your settings for spacing ect in launchbox becuase my boxes are way further apart than yours?

Edited by PaulyC

• 2 weeks later...

Just discovered this theme.

Sooo very good, well done.

A quick question if I may, I assume I can adjust the xml file to add the gameplay video to appear on the main details page without having to click the media button?

I'd like to just have it play at the right hand side of the banner\details area.   

Edited by KyuArchive
clarifying statement.

10 minutes ago, KyuArchive said:

Just discovered this theme.

Sooo very good, well done.

A quick question if I may, I assume I can adjust the xml file to add the gameplay video to appear on the main details page without having to click the media button?

I'd like to just have it play at the right hand side of the banner\details area.   

Sure, you can, just have to mess with the GameDetailsView.xaml

Hey! I am loving the theme!
But is there a reason that no description is shown for any games when I use this particular theme? I tried switching themes, but the descriptions appear on those without problems.
Secondly, is it possible to hide the title and developer text underneath each game image that I have highlighted, since I like just having the images showing.

big_details_no_description.PNG